Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has Anyone HeadSwapped With The New Mego Bodies?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • LonnieFisher
    Eloquent Member
    • Jan 19, 2008

Originally posted by Megotastrophe
    Lonnie it was never about a vintage body. Never. It was about the Mattel retro action figures and using the head of a Mattel retro action figure and transplanting it to the mego 2.0 body. Removing the neck post and making a dremel hole is also a possibility.
    Is it okay if I comment on others comments in the thread, or only the original posters intent? The original question was answered in the first post. I was responding to others in the discussion that resulted...
    Last edited by LonnieFisher; Sep 2, '18, 4:28 AM.

Comment

• scott metzger
      Persistent Member
      • Jul 9, 2007

Originally posted by LonnieFisher
      But my question is, "Why?". Why add a vintage head from a superior body to a body that is inferior and needs to be altered?
      For me, the answer is I want to save the older bodies for my customs and want to use the newer bodies for less important kitbashes, like extra Trek crew. Fifteen bucks gives me a mint costume, a body and accessories right off the pegs, rather than assembling everything on the web and having to pay shipping. Convenience and economics.

I have taken a couple of the new bodies and used a small pair of wire cutters to chop the peg off, then just used the scissors-scraping-the-hole-out trick to widen the hole that results to the point I could put a standard head on it no problem. So you really don't need any specialized tools to make them compatible.

Comment

• LonnieFisher
        Eloquent Member
        • Jan 19, 2008

Originally posted by scott metzger
        For me, the answer is I want to save the older bodies for my customs and want to use the newer bodies for less important kitbashes, like extra Trek crew. Fifteen bucks gives me a mint costume, a body and accessories right off the pegs, rather than assembling everything on the web and having to pay shipping. Convenience and economics.

I have taken a couple of the new bodies and used a small pair of wire cutters to chop the peg off, then just used the scissors-scraping-the-hole-out trick to widen the hole that results to the point I could put a standard head on it no problem. So you really don't need any specialized tools to make them compatible.
        That's a great answer.

Comment

• sprytel
          Talkative Member
          • Jun 26, 2009

On a related note...

The Marvel "3-outfit" Sets were always a bit of a wink and a nod, because the traditional Mego neck plug does not make it easy to swap. Does the new neck plug make it easy enough that an everyday toy buyer could swap between a main head and an alternate head? Or does it still require a "boil & pop" kind of approach?

Comment

• LonnieFisher
            Eloquent Member
            • Jan 19, 2008

Depends on the head. Some heads pop right off, and some take work even after soaked in boiled water.

Comment

• sprytel
              Talkative Member
              • Jun 26, 2009

Thanks!

Some of the recent Black Panther toys have a masked and unmasked head. In the recent discussion about our dream Marvel figures, there was discussion about a removable mask Black Panther... and it made me wonder if a two-headed version wouldn't work better. But it sounds like we may not be at quite that level of "swappability".

Comment

Working...
              😀
              🥰
              🤢
              😎
              😡
              👍
              👎