Buying some TOYS? Use these nifty links to help support the Mego Museum!

Support the Museum! Buy toys!
ReMegos @ Entertainment Earth | Megos on eBay | Amazon USA | Amazon UK | Amazon Canada

Running the Museum isn't cheap, and we could use your help!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mad Monster Mystery

The round bottom.

Images
    ^I see what you mean about the plug, it matches other CTVT repros. Does the vinyl glow? I thought that was why the vinyl looks translucent.
    WANTED: POTA Fortress signal-flasher--top portion; POTA Forbidden Zone prison doors; vintage Galahad box; minty Wolfman tights; Black Knight sword; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; POTA knife-sword; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by PNGwynne View Post
    ...Does the vinyl glow? I thought that was why the vinyl looks translucent.
    The eyes have been painted white and they glow really well. The vinyl isn't really translucent, it just kind of looks old and discolored (which is part of the reason I thought it might be vintage), but the vinyl itself doesn't seem to glow. It's looks like they put a glow powder in the mold or on the face after the head was cast. It's like there's a glow-in-the-dark residue on the face and ears.
    Nostalgia just ainít what it used to be.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by LonnieFisher View Post
    It's one of the early CTVT heads. No mystery. The neck plug is your identifier. The painted eyes glow in the dark.
    Yup...neckplug on the CTVT is rounded on the bottom of the neckplug. It's also a lot lighter than an original Mego head I am assuming. Third generation copy with slightly less details means less vinyl/plastic...therefore lighter weight.
    "When not too many people can see we're all the same
    And because of all their tears,
    Their eyes can't hope to see
    The beauty that surrounds them
    Isn't it a pity".

- "Isn't It A Pity"
    By George Harrison

My Good Buyers/Sellers/Traders list:
    Good Traders List - Page 80 - Mego Talk

The head doesn't glow, but the eyes are painted with glow-in-the-dark white.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by LonnieFisher View Post
    The head doesn't glow, but the eyes are painted with glow-in-the-dark white.
    On mine, the face and ears glow too, but it's like a dusting of something on the face and ears, not the head vinyl itself.
    Nostalgia just ainít what it used to be.

Yours isn't the earlier version, then. It must be from the second series they produced years later. This head looks like the original CTVT from 2004, not the re-reproduction.

I agree, the vinyl heads on the first issues were better than the semi-translucid heads of the 2012 line. Still the bodies and outfits were way better on the 2012 line. Sorry 2004. You only get a head.

Quote Originally Posted by dr_cyclops View Post
    I agree, the vinyl heads on the first issues were better than the semi-translucid heads of the 2012 line. Still the bodies and outfits were way better on the 2012 line. Sorry 2004. You only get a head.
    Yeah, the 2004 costumes were pretty bad.