X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • enyawd72
    Maker of Monsters!
    • Oct 1, 2009

Originally posted by Werewolf
    I totally agree. But we also can't overlook Hasbro's contribution in the formation of Transformers as they had already picked out all the toys to be used for the characters like the Diaclone Battle Convoy for the main hero and Microman Gun Robo as the main villain. Mego even with help from Marvel would have just had a few imported transforming Microman toys and maybe a comic book tie in. You take away Hasbro and the Transformers phenomenon doesn't happen.
    So true. I would love to see Hasbro acquire the rights to Go-Bots and incorporate them into the Transformers universe.

Gobotron could be a planet colonized by refugees from Cybertron.

Comment

• B-Lister
      Eccentric Weirdo
      • Mar 19, 2010

Mego had a working relationship with Marvel with Microman/Micronauts, which was a companion line to Diaclone. There is no reason to believe that would not extend to Transformers.

The people who developed Transformers for Hasbro were formerly Mego people.

There is every indication that Transformers could have saved Mego. Alas, we'll never know for certain.
      Looking for Green Arrow accessories, Doctor Who Sonic Screwdriver, and Japanese Popy Megos (Battle Cossack and France, Battle of the Planets, Kamen Rider, Ultraman) and World Heroes figures

Comment

• B-Lister
        Eccentric Weirdo
        • Mar 19, 2010

Originally posted by enyawd72
        So true. I would love to see Hasbro acquire the rights to Go-Bots and incorporate them into the Transformers universe.

Gobotron could be a planet colonized by refugees from Cybertron.
        Hasbro owns the rights to all trademark and character names. What they DON'T own is the rights to the Machine Robo toys, that the characters were based upon.

But they've already started incorporating them. I have a figure of Crasher. It was a repaint of Classics Mirage.
        Looking for Green Arrow accessories, Doctor Who Sonic Screwdriver, and Japanese Popy Megos (Battle Cossack and France, Battle of the Planets, Kamen Rider, Ultraman) and World Heroes figures

Comment

• Mr.Marion
          Permanent Member
          • Sep 15, 2014

I recently picked up alot of Toy Biz Batman figures. I'm debating whether I try to collect the set. I got Batman, Robin, Riddler, and Bob so far.

Comment

• Werewolf
            Inhuman
            • Jul 14, 2003

Hasbro is bringing back Gobots with a comic from IDW. But unfortunately it doesn't look to share the Transformers universe or the Hanna Barbara cartoon.

World-renowned comic book and graphic novel storytelling, including Locke & Key, Sonic The Hedgehog, Star Trek, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Godzilla, My Little Pony, and more!
            Last edited by Werewolf; Nov 17, '18, 11:16 AM.
            You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

Working...
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎
            😡
            👍
            👎