Buying some TOYS? Use these nifty links to help support the Mego Museum!

Support the Museum! Buy toys!
ReMegos @ Entertainment Earth | Megos on eBay | Amazon USA | Amazon UK | Amazon Canada

Running the Museum isn't cheap, and we could use your help!

Thread: R.I.P. Russ Heath

R.I.P. Russ Heath

Legendary comic creator Russ heath has passed away at age 91 after a battle with cancer.

Perhaps best known for his work on DC war books and Sea Devils (and for being the artist of the images Roy Litchtenstein lifted for his pop art), Heath had a career that spanned the life of comics form the Golden Age to the present. His legacy will certainly endure.

-M

Images
    I was unfamiliar with his art, so I checked some of Heath's work online, from Weird War Tales to Punisher, Rocketeer to Penthouse, Western and sci-fi. Great stuff. RIP.
    WANTED: POTA Fortress signal-flasher--top portion; POTA Forbidden Zone prison doors; vintage Galahad box; minty Wolfman tights; Black Knight sword; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; POTA knife-sword; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes.

Images
    Another of the great comic book artists departs. R.I.P.
    http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_T7BhcH-_Lqw/Rph52zHLjQI/AAAAAAAAAWY/IRQJUp3saOs/s200/Hulk.jpg

Looking for one CAH Mego Comic Activator (working or non working).

Images
    ^He also contributed character designs to Sunbow/Marvel's G.I. Joe cartoon. One of comics' best, most underrated artists, at least by the fans and history books. RIP.

Chris
    http://megomuseum.com/community/signaturepics/sigpic22_1.gif

This is what I'm most familiar with of his...

I like his art on the DC war comics and The Sea Devils. When I was little I sent away for that set of Revolutionary War figures. I had no idea he did the art for it or the Roman one.
    Rest In Peace