X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MRP
    Persistent Member
    • Jul 19, 2016

R.I.P. Russ Heath

Legendary comic creator Russ heath has passed away at age 91 after a battle with cancer.

Perhaps best known for his work on DC war books and Sea Devils (and for being the artist of the images Roy Litchtenstein lifted for his pop art), Heath had a career that spanned the life of comics form the Golden Age to the present. His legacy will certainly endure.

-M
    "Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato
  • PNGwynne
    Master of Fowl Play
    • Jun 5, 2008

I was unfamiliar with his art, so I checked some of Heath's work online, from Weird War Tales to Punisher, Rocketeer to Penthouse, Western and sci-fi. Great stuff. RIP.
    WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Bruce Banner
      HULK SMASH!
      • Apr 3, 2010

Another of the great comic book artists departs. R.I.P.
      PUNY HUMANS!

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
        Verbose Member
        • Mar 7, 2004

^He also contributed character designs to Sunbow/Marvel's G.I. Joe cartoon. One of comics' best, most underrated artists, at least by the fans and history books. RIP.

Chris
        sigpic

Comment

• LonnieFisher
          Eloquent Member
          • Jan 19, 2008

This is what I'm most familiar with of his...

Comment

• phil
            Persistent Member
            • May 11, 2007

I like his art on the DC war comics and The Sea Devils. When I was little I sent away for that set of Revolutionary War figures. I had no idea he did the art for it or the Roman one.
            Rest In Peace

Comment

Working...
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎
            😡
            👍
            👎