X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sprytel
    Talkative Member
    • Jun 26, 2009

Originally posted by PNGwynne
    ^I agree, it was a great conclusion to the interview. And personally, I appreciated the comment about inclusion. That's certainly something that's felt at MegoMeet and something my partner commented on when he saw my Mego Corp. shirt.
    You know, it hadn't quite struck me until Marty said that,but yeah... look at the diversity in the first wave! Different races, different genders, different body types, different genres.... It is really impressive. It certainly would have been cheaper to make 'em all white men. But it is really cool that you have a sitcom maid next to a Starfleet helmsmen and a rock legend.

Part of the magic of Mego growing up was that fun intersection of their different licenses all done in the same format. It really does encourage a kind of inclusiveness that you just don't find anymore in today's highly-stratified toy aisle.

Comment

• noelani72
      27inaleon
      • Jun 25, 2002

wow that was a great read. Struck me right in the heart. I want a job with Mego.

Comment

• Iron Mego
        Wake Up Heavy
        • Jan 31, 2010

Originally posted by PNGwynne
        ^I agree, it was a great conclusion to the interview. And personally, I appreciated the comment about inclusion. That's certainly something that's felt at MegoMeet and something my partner commented on when he saw my Mego Corp. shirt.
        Agreed 100%. I'm sure that comment will have it's nay-sayers, but I was really happy to see it brought up.
        Wake Up Heavy Podcast

Find me on Twitter

Comment

• powersthatbe
          Persistent Member
          • Sep 27, 2010

great read.thanks for sharing

Comment

• bgiles73
            Veteran Member
            • Apr 14, 2010

I hope that inclusiveness will lead to stuff like “Fantasy Island”, “Good Times”, “Sanford and Son”, “The Jeffersons”, “What’s Happening”, “Family Matters”, “Ugly Betty”, characters from the “Friday” movies and for Music, please I really want a Bob Marley Mego figure! I think also the series “Heroes” had a diverse cast and would be great as Megos too. I would love to see something for everyone.

Comment

• Remco Monster
              GLOWS in the Dark!
              • May 3, 2006

Good interview. Can't wait to see what the future holds!

Comment

• Brown Bear
                Still Old School
                • Feb 14, 2008

They’d be wise to drop both planned Monsters into the October wave.
                Check out my website: Megozine Covers - Home

Comment

• alex
                  Permanent Member
                  • Jun 15, 2009

Great read, Goodluck Guys ...........

Comment

• Hedji
                    Citizen of Gotham
                    • Nov 17, 2012

Originally posted by sprytel
                    You know, it hadn't quite struck me until Marty said that,but yeah... look at the diversity in the first wave! Different races, different genders, different body types, different genres.... It is really impressive. It certainly would have been cheaper to make 'em all white men. But it is really cool that you have a sitcom maid next to a Starfleet helmsmen and a rock legend.

Part of the magic of Mego growing up was that fun intersection of their different licenses all done in the same format. It really does encourage a kind of inclusiveness that you just don't find anymore in today's highly-stratified toy aisle.
                    Gosh, I hadn't even thought of it, but yeah. You really have a the makings of a little community with the first wave. So cool.

Comment

• generic
                      Persistent Member
                      • Jun 25, 2009

Originally posted by Brown Bear
                      They’d be wise to drop both planned Monsters into the October wave.
                      Which monsters are they planning?
                      Nostalgia just ain’t what it used to be.

Comment

Working...
                      😀
                      🥰
                      🤢
                      😎
                      😡
                      👍
                      👎