Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are all of the vintage Megos ever made in collecter's hands ?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mikey
    Verbose Member
    • Aug 9, 2001

Are all of the vintage Megos ever made in collecter's hands ?

Will there ever be another big warehouse find ?

Are there some attics out there that still hide undiscovered treasures ?

Going by what I've seen in the wild recently i'm kind of losing hope.
  • tmthor
    God of Knock-offs
    • Nov 29, 2005

My answer is no. My son and I found a few at yard sales this summer. We got a Dorothy only missing the basket. My son got a couple of 3 1/4" Star Trek figures that look hardly played with at all. We also found Micronauts in real good shape (one was a boxed micro city set) and for all we found we only payed about $40 for it all. so keep looking

Comment

• MIB41
      Eloquent Member
      • Sep 25, 2005

There were millions of Megos sold and passed down within families over countless years. While allot of families have cleared out their attics with the advent of online auctions, there will always be homes that remain scavenger free. So I would never think for a second collectors have them all. There's too many untouched treasures to give up in this life time. And remember... People who DO collect them don't always have a plan in place for where they go when they pass, so Megos reenter the marketplace like that as well.

Comment

• generic
        Persistent Member
        • Jun 25, 2009

When I think of the recent baseball card finds from the earliest days of sports cards and early movie posters found recently in a wall when a house was being renovated (they had been used for insulation), I'm confident that there are still Megos out there. When Toy-R-Us closed recently, several of my friends came across cases of old toys (not as old as the 70s or 80s, but more than a decade) that had just been buried in the back of the store backrooms. Plus, I have friends who are constantly finding toys from the 70s at estate sales, garage sales, etc. (not typically Megos, but vintage toys none the less). I'm sure there is still a lot out there.
        Last edited by generic; Aug 22, '18, 12:10 PM.
        Nostalgia just ain’t what it used to be.

Comment

• Skille
          • Jun 27, 2017

A month ago during the 2018 Target hunt I found most all of the Planet of the Apes figures at an estate sale while my girlfriend was looking for vintage furniture for her shop. Never thought I would see that. Completely unexpected and actually after collecting these for 20 years really the first I have run into original ones in the wild like that. Rare fluke I think.

Comment

• Klosterheim
            Persistent Member
            • Mar 23, 2013

It's good to know that they are still out there.

It would be cool to discover an untouched warehouse as well.

Independent toy shops might have great finds too, any that don't want to bother with online sales.

This all reminds me of the time when a bunch of sealed Phaser II Target Games were found in a warehouse.

Comment

• Mr.Marion
              Permanent Member
              • Sep 15, 2014

Not necessary, alot of collectors are aging out and getting their priorities in order, you be seeing alot of items change hands in the coming years. The ship might have sailed on Warehouse finds but there still is some hidden treasures forgotten about in attics, basement, and garages.

Comment

• glimpy
                Loco Chango
                • Feb 5, 2012

Yes I think so. Kids grow up move out get married Etc. And leave all their old toys at their parents house and they are left in the closet or attic or garage for years.
                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                😀
                🥰
                🤢
                😎
                😡
                👍
                👎