Buying some TOYS? Use these nifty links to help support the Mego Museum!

Support the Museum! Buy toys!
ReMegos @ Entertainment Earth | Megos on eBay | Amazon USA | Amazon UK | Amazon Canada

Running the Museum isn't cheap, and we could use your help!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The 14" Figures

I was turned off with the Wave One 14" Batman... but bought a Green Lantern and Superman so I broke down and got the Batman... the 14" line is growing on me (no pun intended)... Superman is majestic and just CLASSIC looking (I love the lack of belt buckle... feels like Mego). Green Lantern is just spot on with a Neal Adams look and even though I feel Batman just has a head sculpt I don't care for, it's MEGO BATMAN!!!

SWCWorld
    (and the redone Batman head that Paul is doing through email)

Is he going to redo the Batman head??? That would be AWESOME! I might pick up Superman and Wonder Woman in 14" scale if he did that so I could have the Big 3!

JeffBearCO

Quote Originally Posted by jeffbearco View Post
    SWCWorld
    (and the redone Batman head that Paul is doing through email)

Is he going to redo the Batman head??? That would be AWESOME! I might pick up Superman and Wonder Woman in 14" scale if he did that so I could have the Big 3!

JeffBearCO
    Jeff: According to posts on the Mego Ambassador's facebook page, Paul (Dr. Mego) is taking email requests for replacement Batman heads; i.e. those that bought the 14" Batman and want the "new" head. It will be the same head with a much shorter neck (like Superman and Green Lantern), so you can switch the existing "long-neck" version with the version Paul will send you. You have to contact him via email, though.

How do I contact Paul for the new resculpt
    for Batman?

Quote Originally Posted by DavidCoppola View Post
    for Batman?
    Email Paul at drmego@drmego.com with your name and address, per Paul's instructions on the Mego Ambassador's facebook page.

Images
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by DavidCoppola View Post
    for Batman?
    To be clear, it isn't a resculpt. They just chopped the neck down.

Images
    ^ has anyone received a replacement Bats head yet?
    I LOVE CHEESECAKE!!!

"...and the Geeks shall inherit the earth."

^ I've had no response of any kind from my e-mail. I was beginning to wonder if it was a hoax.

Quote Originally Posted by DC_Guy View Post
    ^ I've had no response of any kind from my e-mail. I was beginning to wonder if it was a hoax.
    Why would Paul post a hoax on the Mego facebook page as well as his own FB page? He's probably buried under emails right now.
    Expectation is the death of discovery.

Images
    IIRC, Paul mentioned that there would be another version of Batman for 14".

If this 2nd version Batman is simply an alternate color version, it stands to reason they would mod the tools first, then request 1st ver. paints for the approximate quantity requested as a "side order".

My only concern in my supposition is that the head sculpt, awesome that it is, is just one of the many favorite styles and looks of Batman. Collectors would surely want to see a variant head sculpt to go along with a different costume.

Or, of course, there will be a new head sculpt, and the modded 1st ver. will be done himself.
    Last edited by KOMonger; Oct 16, '18 at 4:19 PM.