Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Brue
    User without title
    • Sep 29, 2005

I made my fist trip to Target since the release. I was excited to see all the figures in wave one were there except Mirror Universe 2 pack.

The 8 inch figures are great.

I want to like the 14" ones, but I can't. Lily, Eleanor and i considered Harley. Maybe I will eventually get her. Zod looked better in photos. The outfit looks cheaply made. The WW - I really wanted to love, but it is just kind of off. I sold off several 12 inch Batmen including FAO history of. So I just don't need a long neck 14" guy.

I am pulling for Mego. But the 14's aren't my cup of tea. I am glad Steve has found custom use and that others like them.

Comment

• TrekStar
      Trek or Treat
      • Jan 20, 2011

I'm not really big into the 12 and 14" figures, never collected any as a kid and most likely won't now, the only exception would be the Hulk, just because he's supposed to be bigger and it's a good fit with the 8" Mego's.

Comment

• SWCWorld
        Museum Patron
        • Aug 10, 2011

I guess I don't mind the 14" figures at all because I'm a long-time GI Joe collector (1960s-70s), Johnny West and Marx, etc. 12" figures have always been my cup-of-tea, so to speak, and by and large, the 8" Megos were the only non-12" figures I have ever collected.

I think it is GREAT that we have Mego back and that they are VERY responsive to our opinions, such as fixing the neck issue for wave 2, etc. Now don't you wish other toy companies were as responsive? And for those that have complained about the lack of WGSH with the first wave, the 14" line is Mego's way of doing DC characters within license. It is not 1972 anymore and a great deal has changed regarding licenses since Mego left the action figure industry in the early 1980s. Some collectors it seems to me have become spoiled with all the high-end 12" (and larger) figures that have been produced since the early 1990s. If you ever browse Cotswold Collectibles you'll see a large assortment of high-end, high priced figures. The GREAT thing about the 14" Megos is that they are RETAIL at retail prices. For $20 you get good articulation, etc.

Comment

• SWCWorld
          Museum Patron
          • Aug 10, 2011

Quick observation now that wave 2 is out:

The window boxes for the 14" figures in wave two have the window slightly raised so that you see more of the head. Also, the neck modification for wave 2 (and the redone Batman head that Paul is doing through email) also provides a better view (almost complete) for the male heads.

I have purchased Zod, Batman, Green Lantern, and Poison Ivy so far, and I noticed when I displayed them all side-by-side that it seems that Green Lantern is just a tad bit taller to the top of the shoulder, but the Batman and Zod are the same height foot to top of head as Green Lantern due to the extra neck area on their heads. So, would the wave 2 figures actually have slightly (and I do mean slightly) taller bodies to account for the modified shorter heads to still be 14"? Has anyone else noticed this?

Comment

• callistofreak
            Who stole my stuff !!!
            • Jul 1, 2006

I'm all in. I'm loving the 14" line. I think they may be the HOT figures in the near future....
            And at only $20, you can always get your money back. If you change your mind.
            Plus all the 8" goodies.

I would love a Logan's run & kolchak run.

I plan on giving as many as possible for Christmas presents.
            sigpicWho stole my stuff !!!

Comment

• pickermall
              • Aug 12, 2018

I was turned off with the Wave One 14" Batman... but bought a Green Lantern and Superman so I broke down and got the Batman... the 14" line is growing on me (no pun intended)... Superman is majestic and just CLASSIC looking (I love the lack of belt buckle... feels like Mego). Green Lantern is just spot on with a Neal Adams look and even though I feel Batman just has a head sculpt I don't care for, it's MEGO BATMAN!!!

Comment

• jeffbearco
                Persistent Member
                • Mar 27, 2011

SWCWorld
                (and the redone Batman head that Paul is doing through email)

Is he going to redo the Batman head??? That would be AWESOME! I might pick up Superman and Wonder Woman in 14" scale if he did that so I could have the Big 3!

JeffBearCO

Comment

• SWCWorld
                  Museum Patron
                  • Aug 10, 2011

Originally posted by jeffbearco
                  SWCWorld
                  (and the redone Batman head that Paul is doing through email)

Is he going to redo the Batman head??? That would be AWESOME! I might pick up Superman and Wonder Woman in 14" scale if he did that so I could have the Big 3!

JeffBearCO
                  Jeff: According to posts on the Mego Ambassador's facebook page, Paul (Dr. Mego) is taking email requests for replacement Batman heads; i.e. those that bought the 14" Batman and want the "new" head. It will be the same head with a much shorter neck (like Superman and Green Lantern), so you can switch the existing "long-neck" version with the version Paul will send you. You have to contact him via email, though.

Comment

• DavidCoppola
                    Veteran Member
                    • Nov 3, 2009

How do I contact Paul for the new resculpt
                    for Batman?

Comment

• SWCWorld
                      Museum Patron
                      • Aug 10, 2011

Originally posted by DavidCoppola
                      for Batman?
                      Email Paul at drmego@drmego.com with your name and address, per Paul's instructions on the Mego Ambassador's facebook page.

Comment

• EMCE Hammer
                        Moderation Engineer
                        • Aug 14, 2003

Originally posted by DavidCoppola
                        for Batman?
                        To be clear, it isn't a resculpt. They just chopped the neck down.

Comment

• K
                          Fun Will Now Commence
                          • Jun 20, 2001

^ has anyone received a replacement Bats head yet?
                          I LOVE CHEESECAKE!!!sigpic

"...and the Geeks shall inherit the earth."

Comment

• DC_Guy
                            Museum Super Collector
                            • Sep 18, 2008

^ I've had no response of any kind from my e-mail. I was beginning to wonder if it was a hoax.

Comment

• CrimsonGhost
                              Often invisible
                              • Jul 18, 2002

Originally posted by DC_Guy
                              ^ I've had no response of any kind from my e-mail. I was beginning to wonder if it was a hoax.
                              Why would Paul post a hoax on the Mego facebook page as well as his own FB page? He's probably buried under emails right now.
                              Expectation is the death of discovery.

Comment

• KOMonger
                                Banned
                                • Feb 17, 2015

IIRC, Paul mentioned that there would be another version of Batman for 14".

If this 2nd version Batman is simply an alternate color version, it stands to reason they would mod the tools first, then request 1st ver. paints for the approximate quantity requested as a "side order".

My only concern in my supposition is that the head sculpt, awesome that it is, is just one of the many favorite styles and looks of Batman. Collectors would surely want to see a variant head sculpt to go along with a different costume.

Or, of course, there will be a new head sculpt, and the modded 1st ver. will be done himself.
                                Last edited by KOMonger; Oct 16, '18, 4:19 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎