X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Megotastrophe
    Permanent Member
    • Jun 29, 2018

Mego Charity Challenge 2018

Way back when...2002 or 2003..when Dr Mego first brought us Made in China repro parts...I suggested the Mego Toys For Tots. Using only modern factory made pieces, the idea was to assemble a New Mego figure and donate it to Toys for Tots. Kind of seeding the next generation of Mego kids. I think maybe 10 of us did it that year. I know soon after that CTVT appeared and I used one of their Draculas that Christmas. Each year I have tried to do this. Some years the money was not there haha.
    This year I bought an extra Harley Quinn from Target for the toy drive. I think if more of us did this we could do two things. Help support the people who are bringing us new toys and help grow the Mego fan base. If you don't want to...don't do it. If you want to then go ahead. Spread the Mego Karma.
  • Godzilla
    Permanent Member
    • Nov 3, 2002

Fantastic idea! Count me in. I organize a toy drive at work every year.
    Mortui Vivos Docent
    The Dead Teach the Living

Comment

• Megotastrophe
      Permanent Member
      • Jun 29, 2018

Awesome. I'm a big believer in little things that snowball. I have donated probably 20 or so Mego type figures over the years. I can't say how many were enjoyed by kids. Maybe it's an idea whose time has come and gone. I think it's still a little bit alive and not just a part of rapidly aging toy collectors lol.

Comment

• Mary Canary
        Career Member
        • Jun 21, 2017

I want to do this! Would be so fun to put Mego under a child's Christmas tree!

Comment

Working...
        😀
        🥰
        🤢
        😎
        😡
        👍
        👎