Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • tllgn
    Persistent Member
    • Feb 6, 2010

i would also like to see some figures from ....
    1. Neil page and Dale griffith ( plans trains & automobiles)
    2.Clark griswald and cousin Eddie ( vacation)i know Neca did some ,but real megos would be awsome
    3.inspector clouseau (peter sellers of course)
    4.Dean martin & jerry lewis ( also jerry from the nutty professor)
    5.laural & hardy ( i know that exlusive premier did them,but megos would look cooler)
    6.Mae west & WC fields .
    7.Bob hope & bing crosby
    8.Abbott & costello (from the frankenstein film ) i know exclusive premier did them ,But that was whos on first ,mego would be better.
    9.caddyshack -Rodney dangerfield ,bill murray
    10.cannonball run -burt reynolds & and dom deluise (of course Dom would be captain chaos).

these would be cool .long shot but who knows?

Comment

• bgiles73
      Veteran Member
      • Apr 14, 2010

I think it would be great if we got Megos of “The Honeymooners”. We need this and I’d also love to get Jackie Gleason as Buford T. Justice from “Smokey and the Bandit”.

Comment

• thunderbolt
        Hi Ernie!!!
        • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by Madcap70
        OK I'm not as familiar as others here but here's the line I think alot of people want and maybe putting odds of them happening (And NO not personal opinion I want REAL odds.)I'm not putting obscure lines that they might get I want to see the odds on the heavy hitters: (Even though these are MY favorites to be in the new Mego)

Star Wars
        Marvel
        DC
        Battlestar Galactica
        Buck Rogers
        Planet Of The Apes
        Aliens/Predator/Robocop/Terminator (Are these at NECA?)
        Golden Age Superheroes
        Airwolf (I always wanted these in MEGO form)
        Ghostbusters/Real Ghostbusters (I don't think Mattel has the 8" format anymore)
        Green Hornet (1960's TV Show)
        MOTU/Thundercats
        Dungeon's & Dragons
        Walking Dead
        Night Of The Living Dead & Other Romero Films
        Conan (More than FTC has)
        V

I just need to find out real chances are this might happen and feel free to add lines I might have forgotten this isn't a "Wish list" just some of the lines that we MIGHT get and the chances...
        Madcap wanted to discuss the properties listed above, not create another wishlist thread.
        You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• Mikey
          Verbose Member
          • Aug 9, 2001

Neil Diamond and Tom Jones

Comment

• bgiles73
            Veteran Member
            • Apr 14, 2010

Originally posted by thunderbolt
            Madcap wanted to discuss the properties listed above, not create another wishlist thread.
            Somewhere I guess we confused this thread with the other wishlist thread. Lol

I’m honestly surprised that nobody has grabbed the license for “V” and created a toy line. The action figures showed in the TV series was the envy of every kid on the playground back in 3rd grade and urban legends of the rich kid at school having a set at home abounded! I don’t know if these would meet with the same success today that they might have at an earlier point. (The new TV series a few years back didn’t last.) The iconic red uniforms and symbolism behind fascist reptiles from outer space in the classic series might resonate better with audiences of today as the series’s content mirrors many of the headlines today.

Comment

• SpaceAgent
              Veteran Member
              • Oct 21, 2009

If we're taking requests, I'd like to see a line based on Get Smart.

Comment

• Your pal, Jim
                Museum Patron
                • Apr 3, 2015

Originally posted by ODBJBG
                Honestly, I think they should go after some costumed superheroes. If DC and Marvel aren't available, they need to pursue a few colorful independent characters. Things that kids might see on the shelf and THINK they're somehow related to Batman and Spiderman. Stuff that has a fanbase and would be bought, but also has some limited scope of mainstream appeal.
                Totally agree with this, bring on the costumed super-heroes! Green Hornet, The Shadow, and The Lone Ranger; some classic Public Domain characters like Stardust The Super Wizard, Black Terror, and Daredevil; and some newer characters like Madman, Grendel, Nexus, and The Rocketeer...
                Last edited by Your pal, Jim; Aug 27, '18, 12:44 PM.

Comment

• Your pal, Jim
                  Museum Patron
                  • Apr 3, 2015

Maybe a couple rare original Megos could get a redo: Zorro & The Greatest American Hero!

Some other suggestions - The Tick, Flash Gordon, Doc Savage, Electra Woman & Dyna Girl... oh, and Reid Fleming, World's Toughest Milkman!
                  Last edited by Your pal, Jim; Aug 21, '18, 11:03 AM.

Comment

• GoldBlade6
                    Museum Super Collector
                    • Dec 30, 2007

I need to know what Mego is planning before I buy into this new line. I have no desire for one-offs here and there. I want to know - to the extent possible - that things started will not be forgotten.

Comment

• hedrap
                      Permanent Member
                      • Feb 10, 2009

Originally posted by Mego Newbie14
                      I thought mattel had the rights to Thundercats?
                      So Powercon is this weekend and the rights for Thundercats are sorta cleared up. Mattel is trying to continue with their line, but so is Bandai. WB is apparently all-in on the practice of cracking licenses (ala FTC 8-inch v Mattel v Mego 14-inch), which opens up some room for Mego.

Comment

• Mego Newbie14
                        Veteran Member
                        • Jul 25, 2018

Originally posted by hedrap
                        So Powercon is this weekend and the rights for Thundercats are sorta cleared up. Mattel is trying to continue with their line, but so is Bandai. WB is apparently all-in on the practice of cracking licenses (ala FTC 8-inch v Mattel v Mego 14-inch), which opens up some room for Mego.
                        Interesting.

Comment

• sprytel
                          Talkative Member
                          • Jun 26, 2009

What about A-Team? That seems a perfect fit for "TV favorites" and I don't believe it has been done in a while...

Comment

• greensavage2000
                            Veteran Member
                            • Aug 9, 2013

Originally posted by thunderbolt
                            well, there's the Phantom, Lone Ranger, Green Hornet, the Shadow, Doc Savage. Hellboy's kid appropriate on your list. Then there are the Archie Heroes that they are reviving, vintage public domain characters like the Black Terror, Grim Reaper, etc.
                            All good suggestions. I'd love a Doc Savage line. As far as superheroes go how about Invincible, Nexus, Zot, classic Magnus Robot Fighter, and some of the other Valiant characters.

Comment

• greensavage2000
                              Veteran Member
                              • Aug 9, 2013

Originally posted by Your pal, Jim
                              Maybe a couple rare original Megos could get a redo: Zorro & The Greatest American Hero!

Some other suggestions - The Tick, Flash Gordon, Doc Savage, Electra Woman & Dyna Girl... oh, and Reid Fleming, World's Toughest Milkman!
                              I'd dig any of your suggestions. Reid would be great but I'd want his milk truck too.

Comment

• SWCWorld
                                Museum Patron
                                • Aug 10, 2011

Originally posted by Madcap70
                                OK I'm not as familiar as others here but here's the line I think alot of people want and maybe putting odds of them happening (And NO not personal opinion I want REAL odds.)I'm not putting obscure lines that they might get I want to see the odds on the heavy hitters: (Even though these are MY favorites to be in the new Mego)

Star Wars
                                Marvel
                                DC
                                Battlestar Galactica
                                Buck Rogers
                                Planet Of The Apes
                                Aliens/Predator/Robocop/Terminator (Are these at NECA?)
                                Golden Age Superheroes
                                Ghostbusters/Real Ghostbusters (I don't think Mattel has the 8" format anymore)
                                Green Hornet (1960's TV Show)
                                MOTU/Thundercats
                                Dungeon's & Dragons
                                Walking Dead
                                Night Of The Living Dead & Other Romero Films
                                Conan (More than FTC has)
                                V

I just need to find out real chances are this might happen and feel free to add lines I might have forgotten this isn't a "Wish list" just some of the lines that we MIGHT get and the chances...
                                Madcap; just my opinions based upon your list and some things that Paul Clarke has stated both here and on the Mego ambassador's FB page...

Star Wars - won't happen. That's Hasbro
                                Marvel - won't happen. That's Hasbro, and as Paul stated, one 8" Marvel Mego would have to be $80, which won't sell at retail
                                DC - we'll see, could happen in the future
                                Battlestar Galactica - good chance, as Bif Bang Pow did a couple of series that did not end up selling well, but these were not at retail price-points
                                Buck Rogers - this would be good, especially since Mego did the 12" and 3 3/4" figures back in 1979. Would be down the line, I think, and possibly 2-3 figures
                                Planet Of The Apes - I'm thinking this a definite YES after the Target waves due to the fact that they were done by Paul Clarke/EMCE (as was Star Trek).
                                Aliens/Predator/Robocop/Terminator (Are these at NECA?) - would depend on retail viability and working with the studio rights
                                Golden Age Superheroes - this is a good idea and possible "back door" for 8" Mego superhero figures. Many are in public domain now. I think figures from AC Comics would be do-able as well, as most of them are public domain from the golden age or based upon golden age characters
                                Ghostbusters/Real Ghostbusters (I don't think Mattel has the 8" format anymore) - not sure on the rights for these, as they figures for the new female cast movie were out in stores less than 2 years ago....
                                Green Hornet (1960's TV Show) - I think this a fair chance
                                MOTU/Thundercats - no idea on this one. While fairly popular in the mid-to-late 1980s, the revived series in 2011 did not do well. Rankin-Bass did the production on the 1980s series.
                                Dungeon's & Dragons - are we speaking of the hit cartoon series from the 1980s? If so, would depend upon naming rights from TSR and whoever owns the rights now to the images.
                                Walking Dead - not sure if this is suitable for retail. Seems like more suitable for the specialty market (comic stores, etc.) due to the nature and content of the series
                                Night Of The Living Dead & Other Romero Films - see above
                                Conan (More than FTC has) - does Marvel still own the rights to publish, or has that passed back to Robert E. Howard's estate?
                                V - this could be a later possibility, with possibly a 3-character series (as per New Mego Cheers, etc.) such as Mark Singer's character, Diana, and lizard alien?

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎