Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RonnyG
    Career Member
    • Apr 23, 2014

My store has had the same figures for the past 2 weeks: 2 zulu, 1 kelly, 2 piper, 1 alice, 2 action jackson, and 1 fonzie. No endcap. They are hanging over the funko pops. I go to this target once a week. The store has been "remodeling" for the past 4 weeks!

Comment

• RonnyG
      Career Member
      • Apr 23, 2014

Do you think the leftover wave 1 figures will go on clearance when wave 2 is brought out in October?

Comment

• LonnieFisher
        Eloquent Member
        • Jan 19, 2008

Originally posted by RonnyG
        Do you think the leftover wave 1 figures will go on clearance when wave 2 is brought out in October?
        If they do, I'm going on another buying spree!

Comment

• boss
          Talkative Member
          • Jun 18, 2003

Me too, Lonnie!
          Fresh, not from concentrate.

Comment

• hedrap
            Permanent Member
            • Feb 10, 2009

Clearance lanes aren't year round. They may get marked down by Wave 3 but still stay on the mego pegs.

Comment

• wise guy
              Career Member
              • Dec 29, 2014

Targets in my area clearance the toys year round and they did a big toy clearance in July
              where I picked up Star Wars stuff marked way down. They always clearance after Christmas
              but wave one figures that aren't selling could be marked down way sooner. I always wait
              2-3 months and buy clearance toys from Target. Star Wars A-wing fighters and figures,
              Lego sets, Classic Strawberry Shotcakes, Avengers,Black Panther , Antman figures
              DC mini metallic figures are a few clearance items I picked up at Target in 2018.
              Last edited by wise guy; Aug 24, '18, 10:58 PM.

Comment

• pickermall
                • Aug 12, 2018

Originally posted by LonnieFisher
                They are available at:

Mansfield
                2205 Walker Lake Rd
                Mansfield, OH 44903

Search number 087163112
                Maybe they finally got some... every time I even searched on the Target website I woul d get "on-line only"... going to the store would yield nothing.... it HAS been two weeks since I have gone there...

Comment

• MIB41
                  Eloquent Member
                  • Sep 25, 2005

I have six Targets in my area. The one closest to me has been restocked and has sold most of what it has put out. No 14 inch remain. No Trek 2 Packs remain but there are two Jeannie packs. Of the single 8 inch, they have sold out of Trek, Hendrix, Dracula, but have a couple of Alices, three Bundys, two Tooties, and one each of the rest. So that Target is probably what Mego would love to see all over. However in two other stores I visited, the only stock low are the 14 inch figures and no Draculas. Everything else is there with some figures in abundance. One store had five Fonzies and four Action Jacksons. I'll check the remaining three stores and see how they look. The one closest to me was the first to put out a end cap display, so my initial thinking is that store serviced allot of the collectors in town which might explain why the results differ from the rest I've seen.

I've observed different people walking up at different times and the results are interesting. One was a father/daughter pair and the father was the one that had stopped. You could tell he recognized the licensing choices. The girl was about six and stood at eye level with the Jeannie packs. She didn't connect. They moved on. The others have been mostly people walking by and stopping long enough to see what was on the pegs. One guy last night said, " Oh look. Those old MECA figures appear to be back." That group never stopped to examine the choices. So even the people who think they know what these are, seem soft on the facts.

My early observations are this: The displays are eye catching. People seem to notice this is different product from what they're used to seeing in the toy isle. The DC licensed product are moving at the stores I have seen. Dracula is clearly the stand out from all of the figure offerings, but that makes sense. Universal related product cross pollinates a number of consumers that may not be your A-typical Mego buyer, so there's a ready made market to snap that up. The TV licensed figures seem to have more of an uphill battle. I've looked for TV schedules on allot of these shows and many of them don't seem to be in circulation right now. So there doesn't appear to be any supportive programming to help push these figures for old or new generations. Whether that factors in or not, remains to be seen.

My instinct is to think the wave one television figures will enjoy the best sells in terms of the splash factor of Mego coming back on the big stage. I think consumer retention will be at risk where Mego is committed to more characters within those show selections where sells are already soft. But I believe the DC license will be enormously successful as will the Universal related product. Other licenses mentioned also sound like descent choices for the near future. The only real question is how committed they have to be to the retro television choices in waves 2 and 3. If they have contingencies for other fill-ins, that would certainly help momentum. I definitely think the future is bright. The potential is clearly there.

Comment

• Iron Mego
                    Wake Up Heavy
                    • Jan 31, 2010

Originally posted by pickermall
                    Maybe they finally got some... every time I even searched on the Target website I would get "on-line only"... going to the store would yield nothing.... it HAS been two weeks since I have gone there...
                    The website doesn't show what's in stores. You need to use Brickseek with the DCPI numbers, or simply walk in. None of the stores where I KNOW they are, because I've seen them in person, show up as "in store" on the website.
                    Wake Up Heavy Podcast

Find me on Twitter

Comment

• megomania
                      Persistent Member
                      • Jan 2, 2010

Not good at all at the one in the mall in Bellevue, suburb of Seattle. They finally arrived last Monday and man, they are not moving at all.

I've purchased the only 14" Batman and AJ....and one Jeannie set is gone (still 3 left).

Other than that, nothing has moved. Not even Drac. Still all four Trek sets...all four Zods...three out of four WW..and all four HQ's.

Honestly...the 8" figs - with the exception of maybe Drac - are going to all be peg warmers...all of them...packaging is lackluster and the choices are even worse.

-Chris

Comment

• pickermall
                        • Aug 12, 2018

Originally posted by Iron Mego
                        The website doesn't show what's in stores. You need to use Brickseek with the DCPI numbers, or simply walk in. None of the stores where I KNOW they are, because I've seen them in person, show up as "in store" on the website.
                        That's what's happening at my local Target.. the odd thing is that when I go to the Target website, it shows available in my local Mansfield store. I stopped by yesterday. NOTHING! I checked the Target app while I was in the store, so I could complain to the store manager, and the app showed NOT available at the Mansfield store. VERY frustrating! BUT there is a whole aisle devoted to Legos (both sides), an aisle devoted to Frozen, etc and so forth... you would think an exclusive line of toys would at least be in EVERY store.

Comment

• wise guy
                          Career Member
                          • Dec 29, 2014

I wen't to a Target with a full end cap and hadn't been there in over 2 weeks, and it looks like they have the exact same amount as before except they sold 1-2 Wonderwomans.
                          The 2 packs and 8 '' haven't sold any from my last visit

Comment

• cockyhoskins
                            Career Member
                            • Jan 13, 2009

Went in mine again today (second time this year!). Everything has been restocked. The ones that were empty last time are full and the ones that were full are gone. I didn't buy any today because the wife is off tomorrow and we're going back together (third time this year!). There were some interesting numbers for you number nuts... 512 Hendrix, 25 AJ, 112 Kelly, 250 Peggy (I think). I didn't pick any up, but may grab the AJ tomorrow since I don't have him (gave the other away). May grab the Hendrix too, since mine is in the 5000 range (and you guys made me start worrying about #s). The good news is "low numbers" are available in the wild.

[EDIT: Just looked at my Hendrix, he's 1999. If it were a Prince figure, I'd die!]
                            Last edited by cockyhoskins; Aug 29, '18, 2:48 PM.

Comment

• powersthatbe
                              Persistent Member
                              • Sep 27, 2010

a good number for the star trek set would be 1701

Comment

• Artistix
                                • Apr 9, 2012

Do we know if Target Australia is getting these?

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎