Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • LonnieFisher
    Eloquent Member
    • Jan 19, 2008

I went to a Target yesterday and they had almost everything that they were shipped. I know on the very first day they were available, somebody bought a Wonder Woman, and she's the only 14" figure they sold. They were out of Dracula, of course, but had everything else. It appears they sold one Trek two pack, one Sulu, one Chekov, and one Norm. I bought one Jimi and one Sulu. So, if you count the two pack as two figures, they sold eight figures total in the eight inch and fourteen inch together. That was kind of shocking for me to see. I wonder if the second wave will be shipped mainly at the same time, or if stores will get them when the first wave sells down. The store I visit regularly needs to restock, and that other one needs to make some sales.

Comment

• libby 1957dog
      Persistent Member
      • Sep 3, 2009

asking more in hope than expectation ,but here goes ,
      anyone who's concerned about their store not selling out or enough figures ,how about picking me up a wonderwoman ,batman and a norm wave 2 superman and batgirl green lantern ,or any of the above and helping out a overseas fan ,who tried to order from target but was told no international orders shipped at this time

happy to pay cost and shipping to the uk and consider finders fee if required
      thanks to all or any that can help

Comment

• megomania
        Persistent Member
        • Jan 2, 2010

Originally posted by LonnieFisher
        I went to a Target yesterday and they had almost everything that they were shipped. I know on the very first day they were available, somebody bought a Wonder Woman, and she's the only 14" figure they sold. They were out of Dracula, of course, but had everything else. It appears they sold one Trek two pack, one Sulu, one Chekov, and one Norm. I bought one Jimi and one Sulu. So, if you count the two pack as two figures, they sold eight figures total in the eight inch and fourteen inch together. That was kind of shocking for me to see. I wonder if the second wave will be shipped mainly at the same time, or if stores will get them when the first wave sells down. The store I visit regularly needs to restock, and that other one needs to make some sales.
        Why is it shocking?

The Target next to my office has sold 1 Jeannie, two Wonder Woman other than what I have bought...I've purchased the only AJ and Batman...and I broke down yesterday and bought an Alice, only because it went down to $12.99.

Wave 1 are all going to be peg warmers...virtually ZERO sales in a month. This store still has two Drac, four Trek sets, 3 Jeannie sets and loads of Pegs, Norms, etc. I doubt it'll see Wave 2 until December at least.

-Chris

Comment

• LonnieFisher
          Eloquent Member
          • Jan 19, 2008

I'd buy those Dracula figures if I could!

Comment

• rodkeith
            Veteran Member
            • Mar 16, 2008

Target Mego Sept 13 2018.jpg

Here's what's happening at my closest Target, also known as my only Target, which is about an hour away over the border from me, in Port Huron, MI.

I was there about 3-4 weeks ago, when it was almost completely full, with 2-4 of everything. At the time I picked up the Mirror Mirror set, Dracula, Kelly Garrett and a 14" Wonder Woman. I hesitated but ultimately put back the only Hendrix they had (my one regret). Now, as you can see today, it's been pretty picked over. I grabbed a Zod and Piper from Charmed. Maybe because it's a border town and it gets a bit more traffic from Canadians, but it looks like Mego is doing pretty well here. Was hoping to see some wave 2 today but looks like it'll be a wait.
            Last edited by rodkeith; Sep 13, '18, 7:20 PM.

Comment

• Cornelius POTA
              Persistent Member
              • Jul 19, 2011

Originally posted by wise guy
              A price drop already ? They came out 5 weeks ago (not a very good sign).
              I hear ya wise guy, Corny hears ya.
              Cornelius POTA sigpic MEGO of the Planet Of The Apes :ape:
              :smiley13: Cornelius is home.
              I'm in a groove and on the move collecting Mego POTA figures. PM me anytime.

Comment

• Mary Canary
                Career Member
                • Jun 21, 2017

^ Port Huron is a leap for me. But how cool that you drove over and found them! I need to know when Buffalo NY Targets stock wave 2 so I can do a day trip!

Comment

• SWCWorld
                  Museum Patron
                  • Aug 10, 2011

I visited four local Targets within the past two days (looking for possible wave 2 also), and no wave 2 yet. In the four stores, they all look to have depleted supply with the 14" Batman gone from all four and short supply of Harley Quinn. Plenty of General Zod and Wonderman. Of the 8" figures left, there seems to be a good supply of the female figures, Norm, Fonzie, and Chekovs. Both of the 2-packs are still readily available (at least 3 of each in all four stores)

Comment

• powersthatbe
                    Persistent Member
                    • Sep 27, 2010

On two targets by me one had two Zoe’s left,none of the others.and the other had Harley and 3 Zods(I thinks kids today may not know Zod) as far as the single packs I think they are steadily selling if they had a couple restocks.oh a couple each at each store of mirror an Jeannie.

Comment

• TRDouble
                      Permanent Member
                      • Jul 10, 2012

Originally posted by Mary Canary
                      ^ Port Huron is a leap for me. But how cool that you drove over and found them! I need to know when Buffalo NY Targets stock wave 2 so I can do a day trip!
                      I will keep you updated

As of yesterday? Nada.

Lots of Tooties and Kelly Garretts though.

I did find one Target in remodel mode that had a good selection at $12.99, including Sulu, Chekov and Hendrix. Action Jacksons have built up a big here too. This is probably the worst store I have seen as far as remaining stock. And it took about three stores to find a decent second Charmed Piper; most suffered from crazy hair and marks on the face.

The other two Targets had the healthy amounts of Tooties and Kellys, Jeannie Sets have lingered (no Star Trek sets remain) along with AJ and Norm, and Hendrix, Dracula (gone everywhere) and Chekov are the next hardest to find.

Displays are being moved; one from main aisle endcap to an endcap on the other, inner side of the aisle (across from games and cards), another down the row (losing the Mego sign along the way).

14" vary everywhere -- No Batmans to four Batmans; no WWs to 2 WWs; varying levels of Harley Quinn and Zod is pretty much everywhere.
                      Last edited by TRDouble; Sep 14, '18, 1:57 PM.

Comment

• knight errant00
                        8 Inch Action Figure
                        • Nov 15, 2005

I went to Target last night. They had all of Wave 1 stocked (1-3 of each figure but Dracula) and, weirdly, the Wave 2 WOZ set.

Comment

• bleit1701
                          Career Member
                          • Jan 1, 2009

I found Smanatha (no's 125 and 127), Frankenstein and Gorn mixed in with the first wave.
                          Better late than never.....

Comment

• Figuremod73
                            That 80's guy
                            • Jul 27, 2011

Sells seem pretty good at my local target even though we got them much later. I've already bought a Fonzie, 2 draculas, Sulu, Chekov, and AJ. If they have a good sale, I may get some for body transplants or a few others I've yet to get. The females seem to be the peg warmers, IMO.

No wave 2 yet here.

Comment

• powersthatbe
                              Persistent Member
                              • Sep 27, 2010

My one target had four Jeannie’s,2 Zods, and no Mirrors.

Comment

• PNGwynne
                                Master of Fowl Play
                                • Jun 5, 2008

I had today off for medical appointments, and afterwards I hit the closet Target in Wadsworth, OH. It's the one I usually shop at, but I haven't been there for a month. I saw my first Mego endcap!! That header placard is magical. They had the updated pricing and most of wave 1--Dracula and 14" Harley were sold out.

I have to say, I'm impressed with Piper and Kelly (I already have Peg)--the females figures have nice face paints and I can see several custom possibilities.

And Norm? Awesome sculpt.
                                WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎