• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Capt_Kirk
    Career Member
    • Nov 22, 2011

Mego cloths patterns for in links here

Hi all,

I downloaded some of the cloths patterns and printed them off to make some new cloths. Are the patterns off scale? They don't look right. I don't want to start cutting material and find out I made a Trek tunic in the wrong scale.
    If these are off scale, is there an easy way to get them correct?

Thanks in advance.
    Capt_Kirk
    "May fortune favor the foolish"
  • LonnieFisher
    Eloquent Member
    • Jan 19, 2008

Cut out some tissue and tape it together to see if it's the right size.

Comment

• PNGwynne
      Master of Fowl Play
      • Jun 5, 2008

IIRC, all the patterns have scale indicated. Once I printed some, I took them to work and fiddled with the scale on the copier. I think Cory Wood worked out those patterns, I'm sure he sized them well.
      WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Capt_Kirk
        Career Member
        • Nov 22, 2011

I'll check into more. I can try to match up a jumpsuit with a pattern to see how close they are in size. If there's a difference, I'll post it so others will know as well. I'd like the process to be as easy as download, print, cut and sew.
        Simplicity is bliss my Mego-Bro's.

Comment

• cockyhoskins
          Career Member
          • Jan 13, 2009

Don't they all have a scale ruler on them? It's been a while since I looked. If the ruler isn't to scale when it's printed out, you'll need to scale it up or down accordingly.

Comment

• Mego Magyar
            Permanent Member
            • Jan 17, 2011

Originally posted by Capt_Kirk
            I'll check into more. I can try to match up a jumpsuit with a pattern to see how close they are in size. If there's a difference, I'll post it so others will know as well. I'd like the process to be as easy as download, print, cut and sew.
            Simplicity is bliss my Mego-Bro's.
            Unfortunately it's not that simple. Depending on the program you are using to print this can get a bit off, that's why the patterns have a ruler on them. I've had to resize all the ones I've used but saved them so I don't have to do it again.

Comment

• PNGwynne
              Master of Fowl Play
              • Jun 5, 2008

Originally posted by Mego Magyar
              Unfortunately it's not that simple. Depending on the program you are using to print this can get a bit off, that's why the patterns have a ruler on them. I've had to resize all the ones I've used but saved them so I don't have to do it again.
              Yes, exactly.
              WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Capt_Kirk
                Career Member
                • Nov 22, 2011

Originally posted by Mego Magyar
                I found that out. Kind of a pain to play around with the scale. "Not complaining!" I'm just thankful the patterns are there to download. So "thank you mego community!!!!"

Comment

Working...
                😀
                🥰
                🤢
                😎
                😡
                👍
                👎