• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • monitor_ep
    Talkative Member
    • May 11, 2013

New figure breakdowns

20180830_190336[1].jpg

The bartender is wearing John Boy Walton coveralls, Walmart shirt, New Mego Alice apron, CTVToys boots. The head is Bruce from CTVToys Bruce on a Type S body.

20180830_190655[1].jpg

The "Madam" is New Mego Peggy Bundy wearing Grandma Walton dress (backwards) with tulle fabric on the legs & breast with Charlie Angles boots.
    Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

To view my custom works of both JLU and Megos go to:

Monitor_EP Deviantart page

Action Jackson Road Trip log

Comment

• C.H.O.A.M.
      learning all the time
      • Sep 15, 2010

man that looks sweet!
      those cabinets totally work.
      my advice- instead of making 2 bars, make accessories for both so you can use the bones for either a saloon or a niteclub.
      maybe make some tables and chairs to fit either time period with reversible table cloths: white for the saloon and black for the niteclub.
      in fact, same idea for the floor

Comment

• TrekStar
        Trek or Treat
        • Jan 20, 2011

You know, the more I look at Peggy Bundy, with a hair fix up she might make for a decent Miss Kitty?

Comment

• monitor_ep
          Talkative Member
          • May 11, 2013

WIP Gunsmoke's Miss Kitty

MISS KITTY'S SALOON (1).jpgGunsmoke Miss Kitty.jpg

All right I did some research and liked tjacwave50 idea of Gunsmoke's Miss Kitty. I went with Brady's Bunch Alice. One you remove the fuzzy head the hair does look more like Miss Kitty, yeah she has a flat part on her head so I ordered a floppy hat to fix that problem.

I fixed the dress and added New Mego Charmed Pipers belt to it to move it away from Grandma Walton's dress.
          Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

Comment

• monitor_ep
            Talkative Member
            • May 11, 2013

Western Saloon update

MISS KITTY'S SALOON (2).jpgMISS KITTY'S SALOON (4).jpgMISS KITTY'S SALOON (6).jpg

Here is Miss Kitty with the group and a painted bar. I am waiting on an order from China to fill in the blanks on the alcohol wall. Little by little the saloon is coming together.
            Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

Comment

• monitor_ep
              Talkative Member
              • May 11, 2013

Gunsmoke Miss Kitty update

The navel peek-a-boo just doesn't fit with Miss Kitty, so I closed it up some. Now it looks better.

MISS KITTY'S SALOON (7).jpgGunsmoke Miss Kitty.jpg
              Last edited by monitor_ep; Sep 1, '18, 12:49 AM.
              Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

Comment

• monitor_ep
                Talkative Member
                • May 11, 2013

Saloon update

saloon back wall (1).jpg

Well I have started to put up the walls. I do want to put in a stage and I am waiting on the table & chairs to come in to see if they fit. I hope this week I can get the other two side up and then figure out the overall decorations.

I also bought a box of knock-off Barbies with homemade clothes. Some of the outfits work with a western them so I want to redo them to fit on Megos.
                Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

Comment

• monitor_ep
                  Talkative Member
                  • May 11, 2013

getting closer

western saloon pt 3.jpgwestern saloon pt 3 bar.jpg

I changed the bar to include side bar sections. It will enable room for future cowboys to get a drink. I have started a stage for my western band and dance girls. Still waiting for some item from ebay to get it to add to the bar and a table & chairs.
                  Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

Comment

• LordMudd
                    Persistent Member
                    • Aug 22, 2011

Looks good. Makes me think of a strip club, everyone remember the 3' rule-no touching! One suggestion I would make, check out the first season of Bar Rescue. In almost every single episode he has to tell them 'The alcohol is the most important thing in the bar, so it is the most brightly lit.' Harbor Freight, among others I am sure, has some battery operated puck lights with adhesive backing. I use them as ceiling lights for my smaller scale figures. You could probably figure out a bar cabinet using these to light up the booze.

CCC.

Comment

• monitor_ep
                      Talkative Member
                      • May 11, 2013

Ideal Jody's table & chair

Got in today the Ideal Jody table & chair. Jody A Country Girl was done to capitalize on the shows Little House On The Prairie & The Waltons, but Jody was a 9 inch doll. Awhile back I bought a complete set of Jody figure & playsets (store, living room, kitchen, school & barn) cheap but they are packed away so I bought another table from Ebay to see if it would work with my Saloon.

Doing research on old west saloon poker tables you find they come in all sizes, from regular size (eating) tables that comes just above the waist to tables raised up high that are mid-chest to rest you hands right on the table. With these differences I need some advice, how does the table look. The table is 6 inches wide 4 inches high. The chairs are 5 inches high.

frontieradopoker1.jpgideal jody table (4).jpgideal jody table (3).jpg
                      Last edited by monitor_ep; Sep 7, '18, 7:02 PM.
                      Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

Comment

• TrekStar
                        Trek or Treat
                        • Jan 20, 2011

I think the table looks fine, if you do to much thinking, it will never look quite right.

If your still in Gunsmoke mode and want to add another character from the show, I was thinking maybe a
                        Grandpa Walton head for Doc Adams?

Comment

• monitor_ep
                          Talkative Member
                          • May 11, 2013

Thanks. Right now I am just trying to figure out what characters I could use with the New Megos. I will keep in mind the Doc Adams.
                          Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

Comment

• monitor_ep
                            Talkative Member
                            • May 11, 2013

So close to finishing the wesrtern saloon

Western Saloon pt 4 (3).jpgWestern Saloon pt 4 (2).jpgWestern Saloon pt 4 (1).jpg

I decided today I needed to dig out me Ideal Jody An Old Fashion Girl boxes to see just what I had in them. I bought them for there backdrops, so I can scan them in and reprint them down the way so I did not have as much furniture as I wish I had. I did have an extra table so that saves me money and I was lucky as had all three parts to the pot belly stove in which most saloons had to warm up the place.

Today I also got in more little pieces: Wine barrel, wine jug and some milk jugs of different sizes. I still have a few more items I am waiting to get in to finish stocking the bar.

I am now looking for more of the chairs to add around the table so that will take some time.

On the stage I have an old fashion piano now to start looking for western instruments to add to my band. I am going to use that youtube video to make a acoustic guitar and a banjo. I have some other ideas but have to find a why to make the rest.

Next month I will get more stools from LaserMego to put on the bar and then add more Mego/ReMegos. This playset is taking awhile to put together but it is in my living room so it does make a conversation piece.
                            Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

Comment

• PNGwynne
                              Master of Fowl Play
                              • Jun 5, 2008

I think the Jody accessories are very nicely done, good choices. I had debated getting some to do a Dida-style Waltons playset.
                              WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• monitor_ep
                                Talkative Member
                                • May 11, 2013

Well I just ordered the next upgrades for my saloon last night. I did find another chair and rocking chair and some items for the band. I am having fun creating this display and finding the items affordable. Next month I want to place a huge order on CTVToys so I can add more western characters.

Yes EMCE Western Mike Tyson has made an appearance. I found one for close to $10 so I decided he needs to saddle up to the bar.
                                Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎