X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JediJaida
    Talkative Member
    • Jun 14, 2008

Originally posted by Capt_Kirk
    How about Fantastic Voyage, Journey to the center of the earth and Sinbad?
    Which Sinbad? Douglas Fairbanks Jr? Guy Williams? John Philip Law? Patrick Wayne?
    JediJaida

Comment

• thunderbolt
      Hi Ernie!!!
      • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by JediJaida
      Which Sinbad? Douglas Fairbanks Jr? Guy Williams? John Philip Law? Patrick Wayne?
      or the stand up comic?
      You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• tllgn
        Persistent Member
        • Feb 6, 2010

id like to see mego do other pop culture tv shows and movies

1.all star trek tv shows and movies (main casts & aliens )
        2. irwin allen shows (land of the giants,time tunnel ,voyage to the bottom of the sea ,lost in space )
        3.kolchack the night stalker
        4.the x files
        5.planet of the apes ,movies ,tv show and cartoon
        6.hogans heros
        7get smart
        8.the flying nun (i love sally field )
        9.the henning shows green acres ,beverly hillbillies and maybe petticoat junction
        10 andy & barney ,gomer & carter
        11.dragnet joe friday & bill gannon
        12 columbo
        13 officers Reed & malloy from adam 12
        14.V -main cast
        15 space 1999 (only martin landau & barbara bain
        16.the addams family (tv show from 60s
        17.the munsters (i know they were done before,but better made would be nice.
        18.daniel boone & mingo from tv show
        19.logans run (tv show)
        20. Isis and shazam 1970s tv shows

Comment

• powersthatbe
          Persistent Member
          • Sep 27, 2010

I'll add a few more... Get Smart, Lone Ranger, Land of the Lost, Wild, Wild West, Zorro, Logan's Run, Tron, Alice Cooper, Ozzy Osborne, Janis Joplin, Jerry Garcia, Battle of the Planets and perhaps retouch on Robin Hood, Pirates, Knights and The Old West

Comment

• Falstaff13
            Persistent Member
            • May 28, 2008

This is a long shot because of licenses, but I'd love to see some classic films turned into Megos (kind of like the Exclusive Premiere line in the late 1990s). It's completely a nostalgia market, so it would need to start with some big names (Marilyn Monroe in Seven Year Itch, maybe James Dean in Rebel Without a Cause), but I'd love to have figures of Humphrey Bogart as Rick Blaine, Sam Spade, and Fred C. Dobbs, or Errol Flynn as Robin Hood, Capt. Blood, Don Juan, or Bette Davis as Queen Elizabeth. What I really want is a Cyrano de Bergerac figure, and who better than Jose Ferrer for a model? The Bela Lugosi license gives me hope we could see things like Basil Rathbone in some of his more famous roles.
            Hugh H. Davis

Wanted: Legends of the West (Empire & Excel) and other western historically-based figures. Send me an offer.
            Also interested in figures based on literary characters.

Comment

• palitoy
              live. laugh. lisa needs braces
              • Jun 16, 2001

I would like a Bruce Lee, mostly because I think he's very well recognized and that it appears that his estate is open to such things. Also, I really like Bruce Lee.
              Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
              http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• Hedji
                Citizen of Gotham
                • Nov 17, 2012

Not a specific character I'd like to see some silkscreened stretch fabric suits. That's one element that I associate with Mego. I don't think any of the new offerings have that.

Comment

• PNGwynne
                  Master of Fowl Play
                  • Jun 5, 2008

Silkscreened suits suit me fine. That's something I miss from FTC.

And Bruce Lee--yes!! I'd like a whole Enter the Dragon wave, plus Chuck Norris. I think anything with Lee would sell well across multiple demographics, and it might be a possible gateway to the Green Hornet, too.
                  Last edited by PNGwynne; Aug 19, '18, 10:56 AM.
                  WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• powersthatbe
                    Persistent Member
                    • Sep 27, 2010

and if they are doing universal monsters a van helsing would be cool

Comment

• bgiles73
                      Veteran Member
                      • Apr 14, 2010

“The Untouchables” and “Dick Tracey” would be some fun lines too. I could see those leading to a couple of great Star Trek and Star Trek: The Next Generation sets for both “A Piece of the Action” and “The Big Goodbye” sets!

Comment

• EmergencyIan
                        Museum Paramedic
                        • Aug 31, 2005

Emergency! Still on TV daily. Had sold very well on DVD. Code 3 and Hot Wheels had a lot of success with Emergency! vehicles and merchandise in the more recent past. It had popular 8” Mego style figures, Squad and station in the 70s, which could have been done much better. Fans still turn out in throngs to see the guys from the series. In July, fans waitadd in line for hours to meet Mantooth and Tighe at the LA County Fire Museum where they also can see the fully restored Squad and Engines that also started in the series. The museum sold lots of new Emergency! merchandise that day and has continued to do so subequent to that event.

The series has been popular in syndication since it returned to TV in the 1990s on TVLand and MeTV, respectively, until their contracts with the show ran out. It’s now airing weekdays on Cozi TV (an NBC/Universal network). Universal released it onto DVD on three separate occasions: first as separate seasons, then as a complete set and most recently, again, as separate seasons. This all happened while NBC/Universal quickly gave up on Dragnet 67 and Adam-12 when they didn’t sell well and their DVD rights went to Shout Factory.

Lastly, in 2001, the Smithsonian honored Emergency! for it’s public service and requested that uniforms, badges, helmets and much of the equipment used on the series be donated to the institution. These items made a trip/toup across the countsry that summer called Project 51: The Road To DC. All of the guys from the series were on board and presented the items to the Smithsonian during a special ceremony held at the museum.

- Ian
                        M
                        Rampart, this is Squad 51. How do you read?

Comment

• RonnyG
                          Career Member
                          • Apr 23, 2014

I'm sure these have all been suggested, but here are some I would definitely buy:
                          Dark Shadows 1960's version--not the Johnny Depp movie: Barnabas, Angelique, Quentin, Josette, Dr. Hoffman, Nicolas Blair, Adam, Eve, etc.
                          Isis
                          Land of the Lost (Marshall, Will, and Holly, and Chaka)
                          Electra Woman and Dyna Girl
                          Lost in Space (the whole cast)
                          Little House on the Prairie (the Ingalls Family)

However, I really hope they finish some of the lines they already started by adding more characters to Charlie's Angels and Bewitched, and all the rest of the Brady Bunch.

Comment

• jayraytee
                            Career Member
                            • May 27, 2011

I like Lost in Space if it was the original TV show. Would be pretty easy to make they all wore the same costume.
                            My posts were needlessly deleted ...

Comment

• Riderfan
                              Megos are cool
                              • Feb 14, 2012

I'd like to see Star Trek expanded on, but I realize they'll have to redo key characters because the casual buyer may not care about a Gorn if they can't get a Spock or McCoy. Yeah some of us have the originals, or EMCE repops, but if Mego is targeting (no pun intended) a new market they're going to have to do core characters first.

I'd also like to see Planet of the Apes expanded on, but see above comments.

Action Jackson outfits would be cool, I'd buy extra AJs just so I could dress him up as a secret agent or frogman or whatever.

And this idea is way out there-deluxe AJ outfits that include heads, hands & stuff so you can turn him into Spiderman, Thor, Ironman, Falcon, Green Goblin, Dr Doom etc. A more affordable version of the DST sets. Dare to dream, right?

K
                              I've come here to chew bubblegum & kick ***. And I'm all out of bubblegum

(Rowdy Roddy Piper in 'They Live' 1988)

Comment

• SpaceAgent
                                Veteran Member
                                • Oct 21, 2009

I'd like to see Mego tackle Get Smart.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎