Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • EmergencyIan
    Museum Paramedic
    • Aug 31, 2005

^ It’s different, though. That’s because even though the specific movie is in the public domain, it’s still a version of the classic werewolf that we all know. Because of that, it sells. It sells in spite of being in the public domain.

- Ian
    Rampart, this is Squad 51. How do you read?

Comment

• ObiSeanMEGObi
      • Oct 15, 2018

I would love to see:
      CHiPs: Ponch and Jon
      Greatest American Hero: Ralph Hinkley in costume
      MacGyver: Angus MacGyver and Murdoc
      Action Jackson: Kung Fu outfit (white jumpsuit/black belt/slippers)
      Mr. T
      Grizzly Adams
      Star Trek: Salt Vampire and Vina
      Buck Rogers (several characters): Buck, Wilma, Twiki/Dr. Theopolis, Hawk, Tigerman, and Ardala.
      The Monkees
      Logan's Run (TV): Logan, Jessica, Rem, and Francis.
      Last edited by ObiSeanMEGObi; Nov 25, '18, 9:06 AM.

Comment

• mars396
        Museum Super Collector
        • Sep 14, 2007

Here’s my 2¢

I’d love to see the return of the Planet of the Apes Megos, both repros and new characters (including Taylor, Nova, Mutants, Ape-O-Nauts, I can go on for pages….)
        BUT apparently EMCE’s and NECA’s lines did not sell, so this one is doubtful

Space:1999. Man oh man, would I love to replace my Figures Toy Company collection with actual Megos….
        And while we are doing Space:1999, why not Gerry Anderson’s U.F.O.

Batman. The 1966-1969 television show. I have yet to pull the trigger on the Figures Toy Company versions. They have gone pretty deep, even making Henchmen now. The only thing keeping me from buying them all is the price. Now, $12.99 at Target ? I would be all over them!

Six Million Dollar Man/Bionic Woman
        Flash Gordon (1980 movie)
        James Bond
        All need to happen; they are perfect properties for the Mego format

I would love to see these remade:
        World’s Greatest Knights - or even better: the movie Excalibur
        World’s Greatest Pirates
        Robin Hood

Logan’s Run. Always wanted these Megos that were never made

And I would buy all of the following, before I would spend a penny on Charmed, Facts of Life, Full House, Happy Days, Married with Children, Brady Bunch nor Cheers:

Classic Battlestar Galactica
        Classic Lost In Space
        Back To The Future
        The Munsters
        The Addams Family
        Get Smart
        Fantasy Island Mr Roark and Tatoo 2 pack
        NASA Astronauts
        Land of the Lost (although all I would buy are the Sleestack)
        Elvira Mistress of the dark
        M*A*S*H
        V
        Alien Nation
        Gilligan's Island

Comment

• Liu Bei
          Banned
          • Mar 31, 2018

For re-releases, I'd like to see Mego reacquire the rights to do:

DC superheroes (if/when FTC no longer has those rights)
          Marvel Superheroes (if/when DST no longer has those rights, if they still do)
          Planet of the Apes
          Conan

For new licenses of classic properties, ones I'd like to see:

The X-Files
          Kolchak: the Night Stalker
          Ghostbusters
          Star Wars (pipe dream, of course)
          Rocky
          Red Sonja
          The Six Million Dollar Man
          Dark Shadows
          The Prisoner
          James Bond
          Doctor Who
          The Shadow
          Miami Vice
          Knight Rider
          Hammer Horrors' Dracula (and Van Helsing), Frankenstein (and his Monster), the Mummy, and the Curse of the Werewolf

I'd also like to see (though I seriously doubt it will happen) Mego branch out and tackle some properties that go outside there wheelhouse, with a Battle Royale line, or something based on Romance of the Three Kingdoms.

Comment

• bgiles73
            Veteran Member
            • Apr 14, 2010

I like a lot of the potentials listed here, but I’d really love to see Magnum PI Classic and the new gang! Also I know my daughters would like to see “A League of Their Own” and “The Sand Lot” Megos.

Comment

• thunderbolt
              Hi Ernie!!!
              • Feb 15, 2004

More Monsters please. Nosferatu, Rondo Hatton, Tor Johnson, the Hideous Sun Demon, Monster on the Campus, etc.
              You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• palitoy
                live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                • Jun 16, 2001

Originally posted by thunderbolt
                More Monsters please. Nosferatu, Rondo Hatton, Tor Johnson, the Hideous Sun Demon, Monster on the Campus, etc.
                I really hope that they've figured out that the monsters sell.
                Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• Werewolf
                  Inhuman
                  • Jul 14, 2003

I'd love some 80s stuff like Silverhawks and Sectaurs but I know we'd have a better chance of getting more 70s sitcoms like Makin' it, Fish and Angie.
                  You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• VulcansFury
                    Museum Patron
                    • Mar 6, 2014

Originally posted by palitoy
                    Not at my store. They have a greeter at the front trying to hand out Dracula's, Frankensteins and Werewolfs to make room for more of the constantly-selling-out Tooties, Norms and Alices.

Honestly, I will be disappointed if we don't get a Nosferatu, and I would hope they would go the extra mile and give him new hands with creepy long fingers. And I would love to see them do new, original tooling for a Metropolis Maria.

For Lost In Space, I just picked up the DST light-up Robot figure. He's super cool, and maybe a smidge big (looks like a Mego could fit inside like the actor, but stands *maybe* a half-inch too tall? Not the biggest LIS fan to tell). REALLY hoping DST gets their Robby The Robot figure out soon (I don't think they've even shown it, only announced)

Forbidden Planet - a MUST! Needs accessories like the crew's pistol and rifle, would buy Robbie again even if DST makes one

Land of the Lost - SLEESTAKS! Would buy the entire family plus Chaka as well, plus could re-use Roy Harpers head for Uncle Jack. Palitoy can even build his avatar in plastic

Planet of the Apes - NEED both rereleases and new versions/characters. I missed the EMCE releases, and loved the NECA stuff. But I know the $12.99 price will be more successful than EMCE's $35 years ago. I want all the classic movies and TV show characters

Logans Run - TV and Movie. Bonus if they do that sweet TV car.

Star Trek - More, more, MORE! Tons of TOS and TNG, even DS9. Movies also a must.

More monsters, more aliens, more creature designs! Wouldn't mind a generic Pirate line.

Comment

• thunderbolt
                      Hi Ernie!!!
                      • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by palitoy
                      Monsters Trek and rock stars seem to be the hits. Cheers did ok too. A lot of the rest hangs around, AJ and Alice are still on pegs at my not so local Target.
                      You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• Liu Bei
                        Banned
                        • Mar 31, 2018

Originally posted by thunderbolt
                        The Monster Squad would kill it, getting you as close to Universal Monsters as possible without having to pay the hefty licensing fees.

Hammer Horror would be great as well.

Comment

• filmation batman fan
                          The Man of Many Voices
                          • Aug 30, 2005

Originally posted by DavidCoppola
                          Robin and Aquaman
                          What he said!! Classic versions too.

Comment

• danadoll
                            Micronaut Nut!
                            • Apr 11, 2005

Does anybody think we'll get a Marcy Darcy for the Married With Children Line?

Dana
                            "Do you want a doll?" Kurt

Comment

• filmation batman fan
                              The Man of Many Voices
                              • Aug 30, 2005

Originally posted by danadoll
                              Does anybody think we'll get a Marcy Darcy for the Married With Children Line?

Dana
                              It would be nice if all the characters were made, Al Peggy, Kelly and Bud,
                              As well as Marcy and Jefferson.......AND STEVE RHOADES TOO !!!!

Paint Jefferson's hair blonde and you can have Roger Phillips from the post Ron Howard seasons of Happy Days!!!

Comment

• filmation batman fan
                                The Man of Many Voices
                                • Aug 30, 2005

Here's a thought. How about the Fall Guy? The head scult of Lee Majors from when the series began, that figure could also double for Steve Austin from the final season of Six Million Dollar Man.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎