X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • VulcansFury
    Museum Patron
    • Mar 6, 2014

Originally posted by classicgalacticalover
    Still hoping for Logan's Run, a rerelease of the television Apes line and of course classic Galactica done right.
    Yes, yes, and YES! Add in Land of the Lost, Buck Rogers and Flash Gordon and I'm a happy camper!

Comment

• thunderbolt
      Hi Ernie!!!
      • Feb 15, 2004

Hellboy. Mignola is farming it out to every format, so why not this one? Lots of characters to choose from, heroes, villains, monsters. They could go really deep with this one and tap into a big fanbase.
      You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• MRP
        Persistent Member
        • Jul 19, 2016

Originally posted by thunderbolt
        Hellboy. Mignola is farming it out to every format, so why not this one? Lots of characters to choose from, heroes, villains, monsters. They could go really deep with this one and tap into a big fanbase.
        I'd love to see Hellboy and the BPRD Megos.

-M
        "Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Comment

• thunderbolt
          Hi Ernie!!!
          • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by MRP
          I'd love to see Hellboy and the BPRD Megos.

-M
          Rasputin, Lobster Johnson and the Baba Yaga as Megos would be amazing.
          You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• Adam West
            Museum CPA
            • Apr 14, 2003

I should caveat Walking Dead. Marty Abrams did not say he was going to do walking dead, but could.

Here are others that were mentioned

"The farther we go, the more the ultimate explanation recedes from us, and all we have left is faith."
            ~Vaclav Hlavaty

Comment

• thunderbolt
              Hi Ernie!!!
              • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by Adam West
              I should caveat Walking Dead. Marty Abrams did not say he was going to do walking dead, but could.

Here are others that were mentioned

https://youtu.be/8xy7iBCsHz8
              They could do comic versions to avoid likeness issues.

Comment

• TrekStar
                Trek or Treat
                • Jan 20, 2011

Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea, maybe just Admiral Nelson and Captain Crain for crew members and they had plenty of villains, aliens and monsters to fight, I think it would be a cool collection.

Comment

• classicgalacticalover
                  • Feb 19, 2010

Originally posted by TrekStar
                  Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea, maybe just Admiral Nelson and Captain Crain for crew members and they had plenty of villains, aliens and monsters to fight, I think it would be a cool collection.
                  I'll second that big time! Just go ahead and do Land of the Giants, Time Tunnel and Lost in Space too!

Comment

• jeffbearco
                    Persistent Member
                    • Mar 27, 2011

I still think Archer would be GREAT! LOTS of great characters to choose from.

Plus I feel like Mego would be up for updating the female 8" body to fill out some of the characters better.

JeffBearCO

Comment

• Mego Newbie14
                      Veteran Member
                      • Jul 25, 2018

I'd be over the moon if they did Archer. I'd hope it would be like how their doing Star Trek right now with 4 characters per wave and maybe make them episode centric.

Comment

• Random Axe
                        The Voice of Reason
                        • Apr 16, 2008

One property I've not ever seen mentioned that may be feasible is Image Comics. Those who grew up around the early 90s have very fond memories of Spawn, Savage Dragon, Youngblood, Shadow Hawk, Cyber Force. The long term popularity and success of those books is debatable, but many are still being published. I think Mego styled figures on some of those characters would blow up with that segment and age of collectors. Like it or not, 90s is retro and borderline vintage.
                        I almost had a psychic girlfriend but she dumped me before we met.

If anyone here believes in psychokinesis, please raise my hand.

Comment

• palitoy
                          live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                          • Jun 16, 2001

Originally posted by Random Axe
                          90s is retro and borderline vintage.
                          You're not wrong but ahhhhhhh! OMG how did i get so old?
                          Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                          http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• MRP
                            Persistent Member
                            • Jul 19, 2016

Originally posted by Random Axe
                            One property I've not ever seen mentioned that may be feasible is Image Comics. Those who grew up around the early 90s have very fond memories of Spawn, Savage Dragon, Youngblood, Shadow Hawk, Cyber Force. The long term popularity and success of those books is debatable, but many are still being published. I think Mego styled figures on some of those characters would blow up with that segment and age of collectors. Like it or not, 90s is retro and borderline vintage.
                            The problem with Image is that Image owns nothing so you can't license anything from Image except the Image I logo. You have to make separate deals with each creator. If you want Youngblood, you have to license it from Rob Liefeld. You want Shadowhawk, you have to make a deal with Jim Valentino. Savage Dragon-you need to talk to Erik Larsen, Cyberforce-Marc Silvestri, etc. etc. And if you want to use the Image name and logo, then you have to licence that separately from the characters. It's not one license, it's dozens. Doesn't mean it's not doable, but it makes it a lot harder and a lot more expensive because you have to cut so many different deals.

Image is more like a traditional book publisher than the other comic publishers.They publish your books and bring them to market for a fee, they do not own any of the IP they publish though. That was part of the Image revolution-creators maintaining the rights to their creations If you want to license Tolkien, you don't go to Ballantine or whomever is currently publishing the books, you go to the Tolkien estate. Image operates the same way. You want something Image publishers, you go to the creator not the publisher.

-M
                            "Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Comment

• PNGwynne
                              Master of Fowl Play
                              • Jun 5, 2008

Originally posted by palitoy
                              OMG how did i get so old?
                              Moderating here.
                              WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Bionicfanboy66
                                Career Member
                                • Jul 30, 2012

The Orville, Archer, Riverdale, Miami Vice, M*A*S*H, The Masked Singer, Get Smart, Buffy the Vampire Slayer, The A-Team, Jay & Silent Bob, That 70's Show, The Blues Brothers, Cheech & Chong

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎