Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • EMCE Hammer
    Moderation Engineer
    • Aug 14, 2003

The Ambassador page is making my museum mod PTSD flare up again. This week it's Mego Meet. "Let's do this!!! No this!!! You should do this!!! Have it here, no here!!!!"

Comment

• Blue Meanie
      Banned
      • Jun 23, 2001

Originally posted by EMCE Hammer
      The Ambassador page is making my museum mod PTSD flare up again. This week it's Mego Meet. "Let's do this!!! No this!!! You should do this!!! Have it here, no here!!!!"
      What's Mego Meet??!!??

Comment

• hedrap
        Permanent Member
        • Feb 10, 2009

Originally posted by EMCE Hammer
        I'll always feel the Meet is a Museum event that's open to other people and it should be advertised that way.

Comment

• scott metzger
          Persistent Member
          • Jul 9, 2007

Originally posted by lilbrosj66
          I am a Mego Ambassador and I have to say, though there are a very small number of people that are not THRILLED with every figure from Wave 1 and that there are some legitimate issues, I think overall the feedback I have seen on the Mego Ambassador page has been tremendously positive and people are, for the most part, thrilled to be on the hunt for Mego figures at the store again.

There is some constructive criticism to be sure but I have seen very few posts in comparison where people are hating on the figures released. And those that do I feel are a serious minority in what I see as a massive crowd of very happy Mego-heads.
          I think folks need to be honest about the figures, for Marty and Paul's sake. They want to know what needs to be fixed or tweaked, so actual constructive criticism is a good thing to help the line improve. They know there are rough spots due to the fast roll-out and have openly and honestly admitted that. But there are those who go beyond that because, well, it's the internet. Nature of the beast. There will be some who, no matter how many times you tell them the choice of licenses was in large part decided by Target, as well as things like the card design, will still harp on the subject. There are a few horses that are dead, rigor has set in, and beating them isn't going to accomplish anything more. We're really not going to see Marty's big picture until after the Target year is done, so a lot of the grousing is premature at this point. Mego knows about the 12" male necks. They know about the Trek collars. And everything they've said to us indicates that they aren't just ignoring the problems but plan to deal with them. The stuff hasn't been out a month yet, so it's far too soon for doomsaying.

Comment

• PNGwynne
            Master of Fowl Play
            • Jun 5, 2008

Originally posted by hedrap
            I'll always feel the Meet is a Museum event that's open to other people and it should be advertised that way.
            I always thought it was.
            WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• PNGwynne
              Master of Fowl Play
              • Jun 5, 2008

Originally posted by palitoy
              ...One of the things that helped me understand this better is a concept called "The Tetris Effect" in a nutshell, if your job is to spot mistakes (like say an accountant) 40 hours a week, it's sometimes really hard to shut that down in your regular life and it bleeds over.
              Ach, that's true I think. My perfectionism has hobbled me many times in my collecting life.
              WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• hedrap
                Permanent Member
                • Feb 10, 2009

Originally posted by PNGwynne
                I always thought it was.
                I'm wondering if the non-Museum FB community will see it that way.

Comment

• PNGwynne
                  Master of Fowl Play
                  • Jun 5, 2008

I'm not on FB, I've no frame of reference thereof. I always had the impression that MM was promoted outside this forum. I'm sure Palitoy and EMCE Hammer could clarify.

Comment

• EMCE Hammer
                    Moderation Engineer
                    • Aug 14, 2003

Originally posted by PNGwynne
                    I'm not on FB, I've no frame of reference thereof. I always had the impression that MM was promoted outside this forum. I'm sure Palitoy and EMCE Hammer could clarify.
                    You are correct Scott. Brian promotes the hell out of it on FB, we blanket toy shows and comic shops with flyers, the newsletter......Doc hits his customer list. It's not that people think they're excluded; everyone just wants it in their backyard whether it's practical or not.

Comment

• UnderdogDJLSW
                      To Fear is Not Logical...
                      • Feb 17, 2008

It's not that people think they're excluded; everyone just wants it in their backyard whether it's practical or not
                      We live in a townhome, so I don't think the meet would fit, but I could move the grill Just kidding!
                      Being at my first meet this year, I saw that there seemed to be a lot of Saturday walk-ups. Which is great!

About FB, I have an account, but I have yet to post to the Ambassador page, because I dont favor that free for all nature of it. I love Brian's tag line on the mint off card videos, etc. "Buy what you like." Can't get any more simple than that. Can you imagine what would happen today If Captain America or Iron Man popped up in stores for the first time looking like how we've known them from the 70s? or do I even dare say Mugatu? Lol.
                      It's all good!

Comment

• palitoy
                        live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                        • Jun 16, 2001

The one thing I wanted to point out at Ambassadors is Paul Clarke knocking himself out to take criticism head on and answer questions.

I know sometimes with toy companies, people shout because they don't feel heard but Paul really has been quite candid about limitations and expectations in producing wave one. I just think he needs a megaphone.
                        Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                        http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• theSamurai
                          Banned
                          • Mar 27, 2017

Originally posted by palitoy
                          It's really strange, I mean a lot of it is meant as constructive (as well as some mind-bogglingly bad license ideas, wow) but I have noticed the conversation devolving into some negative arenas.

Case in point, whenever someone dares to post that they're happy with a purchase like a Tootie, there is at least 1 or 2 commentors who trash the toy or say something about nobody wanting those, to the person who just bought it and likes it.

That's not constructive, that's not done out of any sort of concern for the company, that's just being a jerk.

I also was welcomed with my KISS reveal by a guy going "BOOOOOOO!" to me, like seriously?
                          I hear that. I was sharing the same info on wave 2 (KISS included) quite awhile back in this very forum, and some here jumped on me like I was grand-standing or some nonsense and it got even worse, almost unhinged, at points. I've never understood the self-righteous attitudes that rear up on hobby boards/forums (not just here) .. but it is a very nasty, ever growing, occurrence, and it limits my participation quite often as I don't want to lower myself.

I haven't been to the facebook page, maybe I should, but it sounds like it's very similar to generating mean-spirited comments like those that dominate many other forums/FB pages. The Funko boards (reddit, FB, Twitter, etc.) are just filled with all kinds of nastiness daily. Makes the MEGO boards seems like an afternoon at a church social.
                          Last edited by theSamurai; Aug 19, '18, 4:26 PM.

Comment

• PNGwynne
                            Master of Fowl Play
                            • Jun 5, 2008

Originally posted by theSamurai
                            I hear that. I was sharing the same info on wave 2 (KISS included) quite awhile back in this very forum, and some here jumped on me like I was grand-standing or some nonsense and it got even worse, almost unhinged, at points. I've never understood the self-righteous attitudes that rear up on hobby boards/forums (not just here) .. but it is a very nasty, ever growing, occurrence, and it limits my participation quite often as I don't want to lower myself.

I haven't been to the facebook page, maybe I should, but it sounds like it's very similar to generating mean-spirited comments like those that dominate many other forums/FB pages. The Funko boards (reddit, FB, Twitter, etc.) are just filled with all kinds of nastiness daily. Makes the MEGO boards seems like an afternoon at a church social.
                            And yet, someone often finds an oblique way to spit in the potato salad.

Comment

• hedrap
                              Permanent Member
                              • Feb 10, 2009

Originally posted by theSamurai

You just compared your posting of a Target loophole to a guy whose directly involved with the actual launch and has been its soc media director. Let me make it clearer: He's the guy you undercut.

Comment

• theSamurai
                                Banned
                                • Mar 27, 2017

Originally posted by hedrap
                                You just compared your posting of a Target loophole to a guy whose directly involved with the actual launch and has been its soc media director. Let me make it clearer: He's the guy you undercut.
                                No, you're wrong once again, and too many times to count, when trying to target anything and everything I seem to post upon. I was comparing my "experience" only, nothing else.

Not sure why I'm in your cross hairs, but dude, take a break ok?
                                Last edited by theSamurai; Aug 20, '18, 12:07 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎