X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • noelani72
    27inaleon
    • Jun 25, 2002

Originally posted by CrimsonGhost
    Ace has been saying that, but it doesn't seem to be true.
    dang, just when you think you know and love something, they tell you Alive! was faked in a studio haha

Comment

• hedrap
      Permanent Member
      • Feb 10, 2009

Ironically, Vincent just applied for the TM "Vinnie Vincent's Kiss". I don't see how that goes through as it's pretty much the definition of market confusion.

He did own the makeup TM's to the Ankh Warrior and the Fox until a few years ago. I'm guessing he still does. Hello, Doc and Marty....

As for Catman and Space Ace, I think Gene cuts them a royalty so they don't sue. If they designed the makeup in the start, they would win. Ace designed the logo, they each designed their makeup. Criss and Ace both have bad memories to recall how they sold it. They would win, so they must be getting paid.

If you haven't read this...

Comment

• supes
        For the love of Mego's!
        • Jan 19, 2004

I think I read somewhere that Vinnie Vincent owns the Fox makeup, and that is why it hasn’t been used

Originally posted by TRDouble
        I am not a KISS fan, but the history intrigued me.

Why didn’t they just have new names for the new guys, like Eric Carr, “The Fox?”

And what are the licensing issues with making The Fox?

For the love of Mego's

Comment

• CKMBDavis
          • Nov 21, 2013

Originally posted by generic
          Yes! I'll see your "Abner Devereaux" figure and raise you a Chopper, a Dirty Dee, and a Slime! That would definitely get me to buy the 8" KISS figures.

"It's like I said, Pops, Chopper don't hurt nobody unless he wants to."
          Let's not forget the Chamber Of Thrills playset. Lol!

Comment

• generic
            Persistent Member
            • Jun 25, 2009

Originally posted by noelani72
            dang, just when you think you know and love something, they tell you Alive! was faked in a studio haha
            They only recorded the bass, guitar, leads, and vocals in the studio. The drums were all live, baby! (according to the drummer LOL!). According to each band member's autobiography, they all agree that the crowd was recorded live. Other than that, each guy has a different take on what was overdubbed in the studio.

Originally posted by CKMBDavis
            Let's not forget the Chamber Of Thrills playset. Lol!
            YES! I was actually thinking it would be pretty cool to have 8" Megos of all the monsters as pictured in the Chamber of Thrills, but having a Chamber of Thrills playset would be the icing on the cake!
            Nostalgia just ain’t what it used to be.

Comment

• CrimsonGhost
              Often invisible
              • Jul 18, 2002

I might know a guy who knows a guy that sculpted an Abner Deveroux....
              Expectation is the death of discovery.

Comment

• Remco Monster
                GLOWS in the Dark!
                • May 3, 2006

Originally posted by CrimsonGhost
                I might know a guy who knows a guy that sculpted an Abner Deveroux....
                GIMME!

Comment

• Dark Shadow
                  Creature Of The Night
                  • May 14, 2011

I did not expect the molded hair, but I had a feeling they would be 8" versions of the original release.

Originally posted by EmergencyIan
                  ^ My understanding is that Paul is not on speaking terms, right now, with Gene or the other guys. For now, at least, KISS, as a active band, is no more. I saw video of Gene performing small shows with Ace earlier this year. He also had Peter appear at one if his solo shows in Manhattan. I’m not sure why they’re all on the outs with Paul, but they are. I’m supposing nothing has changed very recently.

- Ian
                  Interesting, perhaps I'm greatly misinformed. My understanding is that the photo below is from a performance that took place exactly one month ago today (from a handful of performances in Spain & Portugal); Paul will be hosting the Rock 'n' Roll Fantasy Camp at the Las Vegas House of Blues along with Tommy Thayer from October 4-7; the 8th Annual KISS Kruise will go on as scheduled Oct 31 - Nov 5 with special guests Ace Frehley, Bruce & Bob Kulick, and that they are slated to go out for a world tour in 2019.

Last edited by Dark Shadow; Aug 18, '18, 9:18 PM.

Comment

• warlock664
                    Persistent Member
                    • Feb 15, 2009

Originally posted by EMCE Hammer
                    I'd take just about any version of the fox or the wiz.
                    IMG_2151.jpg

"I'm the Wiz, and nobody beats me !"

Comment

• CKMBDavis
                      • Nov 21, 2013

Holy smokes, would you happen to know if any images exist? (of the Abner Devereaux Head)

Comment

• EmergencyIan
                        Museum Paramedic
                        • Aug 31, 2005

Originally posted by Dark Shadow
                        I did not expect the molded hair, but I had a feeling they would be 8" versions of the original release.

Interesting, perhaps I'm greatly misinformed. My understanding is that the photo below is from a performance that took place exactly one month ago today (from a handful of performances in Spain & Portugal); Paul will be hosting the Rock 'n' Roll Fantasy Camp at the Las Vegas House of Blues along with Tommy Thayer from October 4-7; the 8th Annual KISS Kruise will go on as scheduled Oct 31 - Nov 5 with special guests Ace Frehley, Bruce & Bob Kulick, and that they are slated to go out for a world tour in 2019.

This very well could have happened. I don’t keep up with the band on a daily basis. I just know that late last year and earlier this year it was the case that Paul was on the outs with Gene...completely. However, as we all know, they, as in Paul and Gene, are the definition of money talks guys.

As an aside, the other thing that continued to come up in conversation is that Paul has lost much of his ability to sing. I have no idea if it’s due to injury or just as a result of aging.

- Ian
                        Rampart, this is Squad 51. How do you read?

Comment

Working...
                        😀
                        🥰
                        🤢
                        😎
                        😡
                        👍
                        👎