Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • supes
    For the love of Mego's!
    • Jan 19, 2004

Actually I believe the first time they used those names was in the KISS meets the Phantom of the Park

Originally posted by Remco Monster
    Even though they were the Catman, Demon, Starchild and SPACE ACE, they did not refer to them as that on any products, they always used their real stage names. It wasn’t until Gene and Paul started having those new guys wear Ace and Peter’s makeup that they nearly always require their products to use the character names.

It’s not a big deal, just another ridiculous Gene Simmons thing.

For the love of Mego's

Comment

• supes
      For the love of Mego's!
      • Jan 19, 2004

I’ll take any Elvis figure they want to make, but 1st choice 70’s then 68 comeback and lastly 50’s

Originally posted by bgiles73
      I wouldn’t mind seeing Elvis turn up as a Mego figure. Don’t know which I’d prefer to see first. 50s Elvis, ‘68 Comeback or 70’s Elvis.

For the love of Mego's

Comment

• Remco Monster
        GLOWS in the Dark!
        • May 3, 2006

Originally posted by supes
        Actually I believe the first time they used those names was in the KISS meets the Phantom of the Park
        My post was addressing that, it was already brought up.

Comment

• Mego-Amigo
          Persistent Member
          • Jun 22, 2011

I was just thinking today of how cool it would be to see Elvis figures from the new Mego. I would buy any versions they make.

Comment

• cjefferys
            Duke of Gloat
            • Apr 23, 2006

Originally posted by supes
            I'd have to re-read it, but my memory is telling me that the names were used earlier in their first Marvel comic. My memory has been known to be wrong on occasion though...

Comment

• palitoy
              live. laugh. lisa needs braces
              • Jun 16, 2001

Some folks are a little bent out of shape over that swap. I've gotten several missives over social media with stuff like "THE BAND HAS NAMES!". I take it that some of the fans are slightly disenfranchised with the current direction of the brand?

I mean it's not FTC or Mego have any choice in that mantra, that comes right from KISS itself.
              Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
              http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• mego
                Veteran Member
                • Sep 16, 2012

Molded hair, accurate scale guitars (an Ibanez Iceman with Paul!!!!) and a reasonable pricepoint?! Count me in.
                Do you know if they're releasing all four members in wave 2 or will they be spreading them out into different waves?

Comment

• Hedji
                  Citizen of Gotham
                  • Nov 17, 2012

Elvis would be a great one! I think Rock icons will always be appealing. Prince, Michael Jackson, etc.

Comment

• Remco Monster
                    GLOWS in the Dark!
                    • May 3, 2006

Originally posted by mego
                    Molded hair, accurate scale guitars (an Ibanez Iceman with Paul!!!!) and a reasonable pricepoint?! Count me in.
                    Do you know if they're releasing all four members in wave 2 or will they be spreading them out into different waves?
                    This 100%, as well as the question. That’s my biggest question and concern, what’s up with Ace and Peter?

Love the Iceman!

Comment

• Werewolf
                      Inhuman
                      • Jul 14, 2003

Originally posted by palitoy
                      Some folks are a little bent out of shape over that swap.
                      Some people just like to complain and look for any excuse to do it. If you are a Kiss fan, you can go into Target and buy $15 Kiss figures right off the pegs. If you are a Mego fan, Mego just got a high profile license with a massive fan base to mass market. There's really no downside.
                      You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• palitoy
                        live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                        • Jun 16, 2001

Originally posted by Werewolf
                        Some people just like to complain and look for any excuse to do it. If you are a Kiss fan, you can go into Target and buy $15 Kiss figures right off the pegs. If you are a Mego fan, Mego just got a high profile license with a massive fan base to mass market. There's really no downside.
                        Heh, some of them actually complimented the toy before they made that comment, so I think it's just something that really bugs a segment of the fans, I assume the ones that really like Ace and Peter.
                        Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                        http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• pmwasson
                          Maker
                          • Sep 12, 2007

Will Peter come with a drum kit? Probably just the sticks.
                          sigpic LaserMego

Comment

• generic
                            Persistent Member
                            • Jun 25, 2009

Originally posted by mego
                            Yes! I'm fine with either hair style (molded or rooted), but I do love the guitar and the price. With the way they've been releasing one figure per franchise (with the exception of Trek and Jeannie), I would suspect it'll be just Paul.

Originally posted by Werewolf
                            If you are a Kiss fan, you can go into Target and buy $15 Kiss figures right off the pegs. If you are a Mego fan, Mego just got a high profile license with a massive fan base to mass market.
                            Agreed!

Originally posted by pmwasson
                            Will Peter come with a drum kit? Probably just the sticks.
                            Maybe the snare drum and stand as a nod to the cut-outs on the back of the original 12" figures.

As for the names, I've never really been bothered by it. Like many people, I prefer KISS' music from the 70s with the original lineup. But I feel bad for the new guys because they're just employees doing their job. I think Eric Singer is an awesome drummer. At this point, he's been the drummer for KISS for more time than Peter Criss. Plus, before joining KISS, Eric played with Lita Ford, Alice Cooper, Black Sabbath, and The Cult, so it's not like he hasn't paid his dues. Fans want KISS in their makeup, so Gene and Paul decided to have the band put the makeup on again. Then fans complain because it's two different guys wearing Ace and Peter's makeup, but that's who's in the band now. I think in the end, Gene and Paul are trying to give the fans what they want, but you can't please everyone. And honestly, if someone isn't not going to buy the new albums and merch because of who's in the band now, then that person isn't really KISS' target audience anyway.
                            Nostalgia just ain’t what it used to be.

Comment

• Remco Monster
                              GLOWS in the Dark!
                              • May 3, 2006

Ultimately I don’t give a crap about any of this crap, lol. I just want to see good photos of them to see if their good lookin’ and lookin’ like they should be good!

Comment

• Blue Meanie
                                Banned
                                • Jun 23, 2001

Could do a sort of Marvel Legends style "Build a Drum Kit" packaging. Each figure comes with their guitars and a piece of Catman/Peter's drum kit.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎