Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TrekStar
    Trek or Treat
    • Jan 20, 2011

I'm only guessing mind you, but sometimes these toy companies, including mego can tease with what will be introduced
    in stores in the next waves, just because the character is pictured on the card, doesn't necessarily mean there going
    to be in the next wave, we might have to wait a wave or two before seeing them in stores or online.

For example, for Kiss we might get Starchild and Catman in one wave and then the other two in the next wave,
    same with Star Trek, Gorn and Romulan Commander, could or could not be in the next wave, we might only get
    one of the Charlie's Angels in the next wave, and who's next in the Cheers series? it's basically a wait and see game,
    because only a certain amount of figures are released in waves.

Comment

• powersthatbe
      Persistent Member
      • Sep 27, 2010

now could Mego do what FTC couldn't and make Eric Carr?I know Vinnie Vincent is out of the question.

Comment

• powersthatbe
        Persistent Member
        • Sep 27, 2010

and I am alright with mego spinkling groups over waves then all at once.

Comment

• Remco Monster
          GLOWS in the Dark!
          • May 3, 2006

Is anyone 100% sure that FTC still have the 8” license? Maybe they only have the rights to make 12” figures now. Might explain partially why they are relaunching the Love Gun 12” figures in vintage Mego style boxes.

Comment

• Brue
            User without title
            • Sep 29, 2005

Originally posted by noelani72
            ^^ lol ohh how we could keep that going...I'm watching' you..
            I knew you would appreciate that post.

Comment

• warlock664
              Persistent Member
              • Feb 15, 2009

Originally posted by Brue
              This figure gives us 70's kids a Reason to Live. Never in 100,000 Years did I think I would see this. I Sure Know Something- you have Noting to Lose by by getting this figure. If I find one at Target, I'm going to Lick it Up and then Rock and Roll All Nite!
              What, you couldn't work Shandi into your post?
              Well, at least it didn't go on Forever!

Comment

• EmergencyIan
                Museum Paramedic
                • Aug 31, 2005

None of them will be named by first names. It will be The Demon, The Starchild, The Spaceman and The Catman. However, the origInal members are pictured on the cards and their likenesses will be part of the figures. The name exact thing just took place with FTC 12 1/2 inch remakes last week. Brian and I discussed, it in the thread, and how we don’t quite understand it, but this is what’s being done, right now.

- Ian
                Last edited by EmergencyIan; Aug 16, '18, 8:41 AM. Reason: Realized there was a typo...occupational hazard of posting using your phone.
                Rampart, this is Squad 51. How do you read?

Comment

• pickermall
                  • Aug 12, 2018

Am I missing something? FTC and Mego are doing the same figures? I saw an ad on that page for the FTC version of the whole band. Does this mean that Mego can also do 8" WGSH and Trek figure reissues, or are the KISS figs from the 2 companies different scales?

Comment

• Brown Bear
                    Still Old School
                    • Feb 14, 2008

I’m wondering how many KISS fans will pass on these because they’ve already been buying KiSS mego’s from them for the past few years. I like KISS but how many do we need?!
                    Still really hoping to see more NEW never done mego’s in wave two.
                    Check out my website: Megozine Covers - Home

Comment

• Mikey
                      Verbose Member
                      • Aug 9, 2001

m

Comment

• generic
                        Persistent Member
                        • Jun 25, 2009

Originally posted by Brown Bear
                        I’m wondering how many KISS fans will pass on these because they’ve already been buying KiSS mego’s from them for the past few years. I like KISS but how many do we need?!
                        It looks like the Figures Toy Co. KISS 8" figures retail for $30 in the package. I would imagine that if Mego does release KISS figures and puts them in stores (rather than online only) at $15 each, there are a lot of people who will either pick them up because they're right there in the store or because the price is half what it would be for the Figures Toy Co. version. Other people might pick them up because of the guitar or molded hair. Plus, you have some KISS / Toy fans who just want everything.
                        Nostalgia just ain’t what it used to be.

Comment

• hedrap
                          Permanent Member
                          • Feb 10, 2009

I wouldn't assume the Kiss market is tapped. My brother is a lifelong huge fan to the point where he'll go to the Ace Frehley solo shows, Paul Stanley as the Phantom etc...plus he's a NECA/McFarlane horror collector who gets everything autographed. For his birthday several years ago, I got him the original Mego's plus two amazing customs of Carr and Vincent. He hasn't bought any FTC, but NuMego Paul and Gene are a lock.

Comment

• Remco Monster
                            GLOWS in the Dark!
                            • May 3, 2006

Originally posted by EmergencyIan
                            None of them will be named by first names. It will be The Demon, The Starchild, The Spaceman and The Catman. However, the origInal members are pictured on the cards and their likenesses will be part of the figures. The name exact thing just took place with FTC 12 1/2 inch remakes last week. Brian and I discussed, it in the thread, and how we don’t quite understand it, but this is what’s being done, right now.

- Ian
                            It’s because Gene wants to blur the lines between Ace and Peter and those new imposters in their makeup/characters as much as possible. So that fans won’t pass on a “Spaceman” figure because it is Ace or that other guy. Because a LOT of people pass on products with the other guys, me included. Every time I see them I think of the stunt doubles from KISS Meets the Phantom of the Park. LOL

Comment

• cjefferys
                              Duke of Gloat
                              • Apr 23, 2006

Originally posted by hedrap
                              My brother is a lifelong huge fan to the point where he'll go to the Ace Frehley solo shows, Paul Stanley as the Phantom etc..
                              Heh, I guess I'm in that category because I've seen Ace solo and went to see Paul in Phantom of the Opera as well. That being said, I never bought any of the FTC figures, mostly because of aesthetics and price (I hate the hair on most of them) but molded hair and included guitars, plus the lower price point is a step in the right direction, so I might get these if they look good in person. I treasure my set of original KISS Megos, but so far the only modern figures I've liked are the 12" Medicom Paul and Gene, which look incredible but are very expensive, but these new figures show promise!

Comment

• Werewolf
                                Inhuman
                                • Jul 14, 2003

They've been referred to by the character names, like Starchild, since Phantom of the Park. It's not an issue for me. I think these will be strong sellers. I doubt the mass market average Target shopper is even aware of the FTC figures. At $15 Starchild will be the Dracula of wave 2.
                                You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎