X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Hedji
    Citizen of Gotham
    • Nov 17, 2012

Originally posted by hedrap
    Hedji - the tonal shift for Discovery is bizarre. The idea that this was the birth of the mirrorverse should have been incorporated by the producers. It would have made sense of all the off-kilter decisions.
    So, I haven't watched any of it... Is it the Kelvin Universe or the TOS Universe? Are they just more warlike because it's good for ratings? And (sorry for all the questions), is it worth investing the watch time?

Comment

• Hedji
      Citizen of Gotham
      • Nov 17, 2012

I love Gregory Peck, sadly not because of To Kill a Mockingbird or the Big Country, but because of the Omen.

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
        Muddling through
        • Oct 4, 2008

sadly, I have zero interest in the first season. I might eventually check it out, but I won't go out of my way. this new season has me at least intrigued since it has Pike and Spock. but I won't hold my breath that it will be any good, if what I hear about the first season is any indication

Comment

• The Bat
          Batman Fanatic
          • Jul 14, 2002

This video is a MUST watch for those interested in the future of Star Trek!!

On August 4th, Patrick Stewart announced he would reprise his signature of Jean Luc Picard, to universal praise. The enthusiasm for the future Picard series ...
          sigpic

Comment

• Mary Canary
            Career Member
            • Jun 21, 2017

Interesting video. I had no idea about all the behind the scenes alternate license drama with Discovery and the reboot movies. Explains a lot, even if it isn't a positive scenario for fans. Thanks for sharing.

Comment

• palitoy
              live. laugh. lisa needs braces
              • Jun 16, 2001

All things eventually begin to get smothered in their own continuity.
              Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
              http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• The Bat
                Batman Fanatic
                • Jul 14, 2002

Originally posted by palitoy
                All things eventually begin to get smothered in their own continuity.
                Agreed...which is why I feel creating the "Kelvin" timeline was a really great idea, it freed them up from continuity.
                sigpic

Comment

• hedrap
                  Permanent Member
                  • Feb 10, 2009

Originally posted by Hedji
                  So, I haven't watched any of it... Is it the Kelvin Universe or the TOS Universe? Are they just more warlike because it's good for ratings? And (sorry for all the questions), is it worth investing the watch time?
                  Sorry, I missed this. If the video above is correct, then it's a merger of timelines. I stopped watching it and never felt the urge to finish. I'm a fan of Sonequoa Green but she's totally miscast. I can't blame her as the idea she signed up for changed mid-stream. Fuller's original idea was pretty much "The TOS Enterprise told by Yeoman Rand as played by Nichelle Nichols".

Once Akiva Goldsman got on board, pain was the only outcome. How that man has worked for so long after being the force behind Shumacher's Batman movies...and now Kurtzman? Has any group of people done as much damage as Bad Robot?

As for the Par/CBS future, they won't be around much longer. Amazon finally announced their looking to partner with studios for original content. Eventually, it will become cheaper to own a studio and reverse the distribution. Amazon will by CBS or Sony, Netflix will buy the other. Whoever ends up with CBS will create three Trek series: A Repertory theatre take on TOS, a sequel to TNG and an original post-TNG.

Comment

Working...
                  😀
                  🥰
                  🤢
                  😎
                  😡
                  👍
                  👎