X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • generic
    Persistent Member
    • Jun 25, 2009

NEW Megos Today!

I finally found the new Megos at Target! I had pretty much only been stopping by Target to look for Dracula if I was in the area. I had hit about 5 in total and before today, I only found one Mirror Mirror 2-pack at one store. Although I had wanted to pick it up, money is tight right now and Dracula was my priority, so I passed on the Trek duo. This afternoon, I was passing by my local Target, so I thought I'd stop by since I'd been reading that several of you had just found Megos at your local Target.

I was really only looking for Dracula, but I also wanted to see the Mego display (even if I couldn't buy anything). Although they didn't have Dracula, I did get to see the display! They had 1 Star Trek 2-pack, 2 Hendrix, 2 Charmed, 2 Fonzie, 2 Norm, 2 Tootie, 2 Alice, 2 Charlie's Angels, 2 Married with Children, and 1 Chekov.

I really was only going to make a purchase if I found Dracula, but damn, I just couldn't walk away without buying any, right? I was looking at Chekov and noticed that he was 54 of 10,000. I know it doesn't make it more valuable, but I thought finding such a low number was pretty cool, so I picked him up. I justified it to myself by saying, "Well, if I can't find Dracula, maybe I can trade Chekov for a Dracula."

Mego Chekov 1.jpg

As I was finishing up my errands, I decided that maybe this was the week all of the stores in the area were putting out their Megos. Two of my friends who also live in Georgia had found Dracula at their local Targets, so I drove to the next closest Target and found nothing. Before heading home, I decided to ask an employee...just in case. When I mentioned Dracula, she thought I was talking about Pop figures, but as soon as I said "Mego" she actually knew what I was talking about and told me where they were! There was an entire end cap of Megos that I had missed because it wasn't exactly in the toy section (it was was near the toy section, but a couple aisles over). They had just about everything including Dracula (and Action Jackson, which I had wanted to see). I think I've now seen all of the figures that are available at one store or the other. And I'm happy to report that I did pick up Dracula (707 / 10,000)!

Mego Dracula.jpg

If money weren't a factor, I would have also picked up Sulu and the Mirror, Mirror 2-pack...and maybe an Action Jackson.

To those of you who haven't found Megos at Target yet, keep looking. It took 2 weeks past the release date for the Targets around here to have them on the shelves, so there is still hope.
    Nostalgia just ain’t what it used to be.
  • comicmike
    Persistent Member
    • Sep 22, 2009

Man, that's a good story. There's just something about the thrill of the hunt.

Comment

• RonnyG
      Career Member
      • Apr 23, 2014

I got all the megos I wanted about 2 weeks ago. Today, I went to a different Target to shop, and I swung by the toy aisle to see what their megos looked like. There was no end cap. They were with the funkos, and pretty much wiped out. No 2-packs, or 14" megos. No dracula. They did have one of the following: Alice, Charmed, Kelly, sulu, and 2 Action Jackson. That's it!

Comment

• Remco Monster
        GLOWS in the Dark!
        • May 3, 2006

Coooool! Glad you found your Drac!

Comment

• powersthatbe
          Persistent Member
          • Sep 27, 2010

I don't know why but I bought alice too,(my thinking because of the price and want to support the line),I actually like her.

Comment

• fallensaviour
            Talkative Member
            • Aug 28, 2006

Sadly we lost our targets around here a couple of years ago.... :(
            “When you say “It’s hard”, it actually means “I’m not strong enough to fight for it”. Stop saying its hard. Think positive!”

Comment

• Cornelius POTA
              Persistent Member
              • Jul 19, 2011

awesome, generic...how cool
              Cornelius POTA sigpic MEGO of the Planet Of The Apes :ape:
              :smiley13: Cornelius is home.
              I'm in a groove and on the move collecting Mego POTA figures. PM me anytime.

Comment

• Capt_Kirk
                Career Member
                • Nov 22, 2011

I received my order from Target yesterday. I'm very happy with it. I bought
                all trek
                Bela
                Peggy
                Jeannie
                You are not going to believe this but, the Kirk eyebrows look good. They're not normal like Kirks original figure but, they are straight and look good. The Spock, Sulu and Chekov are pretty much clones of the EMCE that were released before. I expected this.
                Peggy, Wow! great figure. The paint job and hair is awesome. I bought her and Jeannie to create customs because they looked very nice in the pics.

Anyway, I'm very happy with these figures. I'm stoked about wave 2. I'm hopeful for more classic trek. Some long wanted figures like Janice Rand, Ruk the Android, Balok, Accurate Mugatu. The Andorian Ambassador Shas.
                Ambassador Shras.jpg
                7132cb2dbc722a683e0c77d04d927775.jpg
                Krell.jpg
                Uhura_distracts_Hikaru_Sulu_(mirror).jpg
                Mugatu-Based-Star-Trek-Monster.jpg

so many wanted figures... Can't wait!
                "May fortune favor the foolish"

Comment

• generic
                  Persistent Member
                  • Jun 25, 2009

Originally posted by Capt_Kirk
                  I received my order from Target yesterday. I'm very happy with it.
                  Congratulations on your figures!
                  Nostalgia just ain’t what it used to be.

Comment

Working...
                  😀
                  🥰
                  🤢
                  😎
                  😡
                  👍
                  👎