X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • monitor_ep
    Talkative Member
    • May 11, 2013

Custom Mego Bar

When it came out the Mego was doing Cheers I wasn't sure about getting that line. I watched the series when it came out but as far as I was concerned it was just a fluffy tv series. I haven't bout the DVDs or care to rewatch any shows. It wasn't until my Mom & Boyfriend were shocked that I wasn't going to just build a bar for other figures in my collection. So I began to think about it and yes there are other uses for a bar scene:

* Cheers
    * Firefly/Star Wars/Star Trek outpost bar
    * DC Comics Oblivion Bar
    * Western bar
    * Pirate bar
    * Villain bar
    * Archie/Riverdale Pop Tate's Chock'lit Shoppe

So I had to order LaserMego Bar stools to start with. After talking with Nostalgiabuff on his bar I wanted to make mine lightweight to move around. I went to Hobby Lobby to get the "wood". The front is Balsa Wood Sheet - 1/8" x 6" x 36" cut to 5.5 inches. The back is pieces of left over wood and 6 3/8"x3/8"x24" cut to fit underneath. The top piece is Balsa Wood Sheet - 1/8" x 6" x 36" cut to 2 inches. I used Gorilla Glue to put it together.

I plan on staining it sometime this month but I am having rotary cuff surgery Monday so it will be part of my recovery.

I want to make a 'U' shape bar and add in some tables & chairs down the road but at least I can look at this for the time being.

custom bar pt 01 (1).jpg
    Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

To view my custom works of both JLU and Megos go to:

Monitor_EP Deviantart page

Action Jackson Road Trip log
  • pmwasson
    Maker
    • Sep 12, 2007

Looks like a great start
    sigpic LaserMego

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
      Muddling through
      • Oct 4, 2008

looking great!

Comment

• monitor_ep
        Talkative Member
        • May 11, 2013

I realize that the bar will need a longer top to it so that the people can sit at the bar. So instead of a 2 inch top it might have to be 3 inch top. I will try that later.
        Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

To view my custom works of both JLU and Megos go to:

Monitor_EP Deviantart page

Action Jackson Road Trip log

Comment

• TrekStar
          Trek or Treat
          • Jan 20, 2011

Originally posted by monitor_ep
          When it came out the Mego was doing Cheers I wasn't sure about getting that line. I watched the series when it came out but as far as I was concerned it was just a fluffy tv series. I haven't bout the DVDs or care to rewatch any shows. It wasn't until my Mom & Boyfriend were shocked that I wasn't going to just build a bar for other figures in my collection. So I began to think about it and yes there are other uses for a bar scene:

* Cheers
          * Firefly/Star Wars/Star Trek outpost bar
          * DC Comics Oblivion Bar
          * Western bar
          * Pirate bar
          * Villain bar
          * Archie/Riverdale Pop Tate's Chock'lit Shoppe

So I had to order LaserMego Bar stools to start with. After talking with Nostalgiabuff on his bar I wanted to make mine lightweight to move around. I went to Hobby Lobby to get the "wood". The front is Balsa Wood Sheet - 1/8" x 6" x 36" cut to 5.5 inches. The back is pieces of left over wood and 6 3/8"x3/8"x24" cut to fit underneath. The top piece is Balsa Wood Sheet - 1/8" x 6" x 36" cut to 2 inches. I used Gorilla Glue to put it together.

I plan on staining it sometime this month but I am having rotary cuff surgery Monday so it will be part of my recovery.

I want to make a 'U' shape bar and add in some tables & chairs down the road but at least I can look at this for the time being.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]23540[/ATTACH]
          That looks pretty cool, and I think a bit higher bar would be perfect, nice ideas on what else it could be used for, especially
          a western bar for figures like Wild Bill, Buffalo Bill and Wyatt Earp, plus the Three Stooges who might stumble in.

Comment

• Mego Newbie14
            Veteran Member
            • Jul 25, 2018

That's a really cool setup.

Comment

Working...
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎
            😡