27inaleon
    • Jun 25, 2002

great set of figures!

Comment

• Capt_Kirk
      Career Member
      • Nov 22, 2011

Originally posted by sprytel
      What!?! She told me she liked to feel the breeze...
      You're a bad man Sprytel, I can only respect that.

I'm not giving her or Uhura underwear! Definitely giving Yeoman Rand panties just because it's Janice Rand and I always had a crush on her.
      "May fortune favor the foolish"

Comment

• phil
        Persistent Member
        • May 11, 2007

They look good. I prefer these type of headsculpts over rooted hair.

Comment

• ddgaff1132
          Persistent Member
          • Oct 3, 2007

Originally posted by sprytel
          It is a paint thinner. It comes in big metal cans at the hardware store.

I fill a jelly jar 2/3 full with the stuff. Then I thread some picture framing wire in the head hole (so I can keep the head submerged) and lower it in until it is completed submerged. Then seal the jar, and let it sit for a day or two. There is no expansion like you see with acetone, and it doesn't seem like you can leave it in too long... so it really doesn't require babysitting while its in the jar.

I find it helps to apply a little heat and pressure (i.e. squeeze it down a little more with my hands) once I pull it from the jar, just to get it as tightly compacted as possible. On some heads, this can lead to a little flattening of the top of head if you are not careful... but even when I have done that, I don't think it noticeable once you put the figure together.

For male heads, the last part I did was 3d print a little neck adapter to give it a Mego compatible plug... but now I bet you could just use a new Mego body. For the ladies, the neck plugs are mostly compatible... but you may need to widen the hole slightly so it can fit on.

This is more than a little confusing. You say "seal the jar, and let it sit for a day or two." but then say "and it doesn't seem like you can leave it in too long"???
          I think we need a tutorial on this.
          Check out my picture library of Mego-ish compatible vehicles with ID data.
          MEGO MOTORS

Comment

• EMCE Hammer
            Moderation Engineer
            • Aug 14, 2003

Originally posted by ddgaff1132
            This is more than a little confusing. You say "seal the jar, and let it sit for a day or two." but then say "and it doesn't seem like you can leave it in too long"???
            I think we need a tutorial on this.
            He means leave it in for a day or two, but if it goes beyond that it doesn't hurt anything. I've left heads in for weeks with no ill effects.

Comment

• sprytel
              Talkative Member
              • Jun 26, 2009

^^^ Yeah, what he said.

Comment

Working...
              😀
              🥰
              🤢
              😎
              😡