X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • monitor_ep
    Talkative Member
    • May 11, 2013

Batman season 3 villains??

Watching Batman '66 on MeTV got me wondering why haven't Figures To Company released the original characters? I would love to add to my collection:

Olga Queen of the Cossaks with Cossaks
    Louie the Lilac
    Sandman
    Marsha, Queen of Diamonds
    Aunt Hilda
    Lord Marmaduke Ffogg
    Lady Penelope Peasoup
    Lola Lasagne
    Calamity Jan
    The Archer
    The Puzzler
    The Minstrel
    The Clock King
    The Siren
    Colonel Gumm
    Ma Parker
    Chandell
    Black Widow

I would take either the Batman '66 tv versions or the Batman '66 comic book version.
    Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

To view my custom works of both JLU and Megos go to:

Monitor_EP Deviantart page

Action Jackson Road Trip log
  • PNGwynne
    Master of Fowl Play
    • Jun 5, 2008

There are many characters to which they do not have likeness rights and which are not part of the master license. This is a bit confusing, because some characters seemingly not available to FTC (like Eli Wallach's Mr. Freeze) have appeared later in other formats.

In Wallach's case, it might just be that they already did Preminger's Freeze and didn't feel a need to do a later variant. The various "'66" comics were inconsistent as well with likenesses, notably Batman Meets Steed & Peel.

I'll admit that I'd like generic or comic versions of some of the characters you list.
    Last edited by PNGwynne; Aug 14, '18, 7:46 PM.
    WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• thunderbolt
      Hi Ernie!!!
      • Feb 15, 2004

66 Comic versions should be doable. The comic used Slezak's likeness so I imagine its available.
      You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• TrekStar
        Trek or Treat
        • Jan 20, 2011

Originally posted by monitor_ep
        Watching Batman '66 on MeTV got me wondering why haven't Figures To Company released the original characters? I would love to add to my collection:

Olga Queen of the Cossaks with Cossaks
        Louie the Lilac
        Sandman
        Aunt Hilda
        Lord Marmaduke Ffogg
        Lady Penelope Peasoup
        Lola Lasagne
        Calamity Jan
        The Archer
        The Puzzler
        The Minstrel
        The Clock King
        The Siren
        Colonel Gumm
        Ma Parker
        Chandell
        Black Widow

I would take either the Batman '66 tv versions or the Batman '66 comic book version.
        Some of those mentioned could be custom made, the outfits would be the most difficult but not impossible
        but the ones you mentioned, I would of liked to have seen 66 Louie the Lilac and Olga so she can hang out with Egghead.

Comment

• Lethalp
          • Aug 6, 2017

Olga makes the most sense.
          And as a bonus with some work could be made into a Zelda the Great custom.

Comment

• Falstaff13
            Persistent Member
            • May 28, 2008

Originally posted by PNGwynne
            In Wallach's case, it might just be that they already did Preminger's Freeze and didn't feel a need to do a later variant.
            If that's the reasoning, I'm sorry to hear that, as I still would like a George Sanders Mr. Freeze.
            Hugh H. Davis

Wanted: Legends of the West (Empire & Excel) and other western historically-based figures. Send me an offer.
            Also interested in figures based on literary characters.

Comment

• PNGwynne
              Master of Fowl Play
              • Jun 5, 2008

I agree, I love Sanders' work and he's my favorite Freeze.
              WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• thunderbolt
                Hi Ernie!!!
                • Feb 15, 2004

Pa Kent or Perry White with a hair repaint might work for Sanders in a pinch.
                You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• thunderbolt
                  Hi Ernie!!!
                  • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by Lethalp
                  Olga makes the most sense.
                  And as a bonus with some work could be made into a Zelda the Great custom.
                  FTC should have tried to work out Ann Baxter's likeness rights, would have been a two for one special.

Comment

• PNGwynne
                    Master of Fowl Play
                    • Jun 5, 2008

Zelda has the better episodes, but you can tell Baxter is having so much fun with Olga--she and Price were friends off the set.

Comment

• PNGwynne
                      Master of Fowl Play
                      • Jun 5, 2008

Originally posted by thunderbolt
                      Pa Kent or Perry White with a hair repaint might work for Sanders in a pinch.
                      Pa Kent makes a very passable Commisioner Gordon with slight repainting. I don't have Perry in hand, but I will consider your idea for Freeze. Dang cigar.

Comment

• thunderbolt
                        Hi Ernie!!!
                        • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by PNGwynne
                        Pa Kent makes a very passable Commisioner Gordon with slight repainting. I don't have Perry in hand, but I will consider your idea for Freeze. Dang cigar.
                        I thought it came out? There is one pic on the site without it in his mouth?

Comment

• Capt_Kirk
                          Career Member
                          • Nov 22, 2011

I was wondering what was up with that as well. I didn't buy all the 66 figs. Just the ones I liked. I'm assuming sales may have dropped off a bit? I would like to get.
                          Olga Queen of the Cossaks
                          Louie the Lilac
                          Sandman
                          The Siren
                          Colonel Gumm

Marsha, Queen of Diamonds would make a good custom for Morticia Addams
                          Colonel Gumm = Harry Mudd
                          The Siren = Edith Keeler from Star Trek
                          I would have to buy 2 of each of these.
                          "May fortune favor the foolish"

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
                            Muddling through
                            • Oct 4, 2008

are they even still making new figures in this line? I kind of lost interest in what they were putting out so stopped paying attention

Comment

• PNGwynne
                              Master of Fowl Play
                              • Jun 5, 2008

I think they are done and moving on with Wonder Woman '77.

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎