Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Vintage Star Wars Tie Fighter parts. What's my odds Mego friends...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • noelani72
    27inaleon
    • Jun 25, 2002

Vintage Star Wars Tie Fighter parts. What's my odds Mego friends...

So, I picked up a beater vintage 1977 Tie Fighter and it has a broken wing-clip-button-thingie.
    Which one of you have a junk pile and have a beater ship I can buy that part out of? Heck, even if it's another beater hull with battery terminals, I might be able to restore that too.
    thanks in advanced.

Screen Shot 2018-08-10 at 4.03.11 PM.jpg
  • smonte00
    Veteran Member
    • Aug 19, 2005

Hi Noelani,
    It looks like those parts break pretty often. In the event that you don’t find them, there is a tutorial on YouTube that shows how you can fix them. Hope this helps.

Fix it guide - Darth Vaders Tie Fighter from the vintage Star Wars Kenner line.Including how to fix broken wing clip brackets and more.Also check out my Tie...

-Steve

Comment

• smonte00
      Veteran Member
      • Aug 19, 2005

You can also go with the 1997 POTF version. I believe they used the original molds for this. You can just paint it white.

1978 Kenner STAR WARS Darth Vader Tie Fighter Parts - WING RELEASE CLIP ASSEMBLY https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?m...2F163187424636

Comment

• noelani72
        27inaleon
        • Jun 25, 2002

thanks for the tip. I had seen that video and I have been pretty surprised there aren't reproduction parts for this common issue.
        As I usually do, creation comes from necessity - if I can't find one, I bet The Boy can 3D design me one and print it out, or make a clever repair kit and blow up eBay with it...I was just hoping to avoid research and design time cuz he's been working a lot of hours.

Comment

• smonte00
          Veteran Member
          • Aug 19, 2005

Great idea. That would be a great piece to make in a 3D printer.

Comment

• Steeler80
            Mayor of Strunk
            • Jun 29, 2001

This isn't news, I fully realize, but there are several of those on the 'bay that are pretty reasonable. But the 3D printer idea is a good one! I would think there would be a big market for pieces like that.

Comment

Working...
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎
            😡
            👍
            👎