Buying some TOYS? Use these nifty links to help support the Mego Museum!

Support the Museum! Buy toys!
ReMegos @ Entertainment Earth | Megos on eBay | Amazon USA | Amazon UK | Amazon Canada

Running the Museum isn't cheap, and we could use your help!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: help with paint/decal removal

ah, the pocket idea i didn't think of. i know about the suit from CTVT but it looks ligher then this to me and i wanted a really dark Blue. Also, really liking these new mego bodies, very solid and very poseable! thanks for the tips

Images
    oh its totally a lighter color, royal blue as opposed to navy blue. Are you going with a Shatmask? Maybe a repurposed Playmates 10" figure face haha

How about removing logos from the Famous Covers figures?

Images
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Madcap70 View Post
    How about removing logos from the Famous Covers figures?
    Same thing, acetone paint thinner. OR by now they should be rotting and falling off, really cheap stuff used in that line.
    Planet Earth is Blue

ok tried Acetone and enamal paint thinner and nothing, zero zip, nada. I am going with the idea to cover it with fabric because the inside of the outfit has a lot of excess. im just trimming off a piece and glueing it in. it'll look fine.

Never tried it on material, but I have used Testors liquid cement to remove paint from Mego heads. You have to make sure you wipe it off quickly so it doesn't have a chance to dry, but it seems to take paint off with a little less effort and have less effect on the finish of things than NPR sometimes does. But again, no idea how it reacts with fabric; might soak in a little.