Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ODBJBG
    Permanent Member
    • May 15, 2009

Cheapest MSRP I remember on EMCE figures was $18.99 per figure, which was ages ago and almost every store jacked them up past that price. You were usually spending around $40 for 2 figures and most places locked you into the "you must purchase both figures" things with the EMCE waves. Which was smart on their part, but meant that the figures really weren't $20 a pop, because you had to spend $40, sometimes on a figure you didn't want.

Mego's new $15 is really impressive and may be the best part of the line because there's rarely if ever been Mego stuff (or any 8 inch retro figure stuff) so readily available for a cheap price. Great for customs and such. Of course, the body modifications and things does negate that a bit, but the spirit is there.

Comment

• toothaction
      Career Member
      • Jul 15, 2017

What was the ORP on BBPs? I gather that they were under $20, too, but I stepped into the ReMego game late so I don't know for sure.
      >>> Looking for a few Bif Bang Pow! pretties. Please click to see if you can help!

Comment

• JediJaida
        Talkative Member
        • Jun 14, 2008

Originally posted by Hedji
        Or vampires in general maybe? It's always fun to have Lugosi and Lee hanging out with Nosferatu and Barlow.
        Those two were the ugliest vampires in the entire history of the genre; including the Underworld vampires.
        JediJaida

Comment

• spockoda
          Museum Super Collector
          • Jan 14, 2018

Originally posted by ODBJBG
          Cheapest MSRP I remember on EMCE figures was $18.99 per figure, which was ages ago and almost every store jacked them up past that price. You were usually spending around $40 for 2 figures and most places locked you into the "you must purchase both figures" things with the EMCE waves. Which was smart on their part, but meant that the figures really weren't $20 a pop, because you had to spend $40, sometimes on a figure you didn't want.

Mego's new $15 is really impressive and may be the best part of the line because there's rarely if ever been Mego stuff (or any 8 inch retro figure stuff) so readily available for a cheap price. Great for customs and such. Of course, the body modifications and things does negate that a bit, but the spirit is there.
          I don't really do customs, are these new era Megos and Mego-like figures as "custom friendly" as the originals?

Comment

• bgiles73
            Veteran Member
            • Apr 14, 2010

Originally posted by JediJaida
            Those two were the ugliest vampires in the entire history of the genre; including the Underworld vampires.
            I like Nosferatu and Barlow from “Salem’s Lot” I agree they were ugly, kinda like Sméagol in “Lord of the Rings. So yep we need some dashing vampires like Louis and Lestat from “Interview With the Vampire” or Gary Oldman in Bram Stokers “Dracula”. I’ll buy them all!

Comment

Working...
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎
            😡
            👍
            👎