Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • spockoda
    Museum Super Collector
    • Jan 14, 2018

I opened my first Mego just now, Mr. Sulu. As an adult collectible, I am happy although I wouldn't recommend this be a child's toy to be played with. Shoulder articulation? Awesome. Torso swivel? Great. His phaser won't stay in the holster like the Emce releases but a smidge of fun tac and problem solved. His shirt material seemed to be jammed in his left shoulder joint, pushing the arm out of place. I loosened his shirt and straightened the material out to take the tension off the shoulder joint, problem solved. I am looking forward to the rest of the Trek bridge crew hopefully getting released. I say job well done keeping in mind this isn't a Hot Toys $399 release. I am already trying to find some pics as back drops I can hopefully get blown up to around 11 x 14 to take pics with the Trek Megos without breaking any potential copyright laws. I'm curious to open up Dracula and Jimi Hendrix now.

Comment

• thunderbolt
      Hi Ernie!!!
      • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by Megotastrophe
      I don't see the need to badmouth other releases honestly. Yes a company scaled up for a larger release to more locations in mass markets can sell figures at a lower price. This is not news. We can also say for half the price of Emce or for a third of the price of a Flattworld Dracula. That's kind of the nature of economics.
      actually the same price as EMCE, they were 29.99 for pairs of two when they came out at BBTS. EMCE Treks were under 20 also.
      You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• Remco Monster
        GLOWS in the Dark!
        • May 3, 2006

Mirror Mirror two pack is really nice and I really, really love that they went the extra step and included the extra view screens.

The new AJ is really cool. To be honest, I never really had much interest in AJ until now. The new figure made me a fan. I’m messing with him right now while I type this. lol

The properties they have the likeness rights for have great sculpts.

The price is out of this world!

I like a lot of other things as well, but mostly just LOVE the fact that MEGO is BACK!

Comment

• wise guy
          Career Member
          • Dec 29, 2014

Dracula is in a class all by himself( a work of art).My daughter picked me up a second one I can only
          hope for Frankenstein next . More Mego monsters!

Comment

• SWDAVE
            • May 31, 2017

The overall quality of Dracula blew me away. I was anticipating a softer plastic body and squishy head, but nope, none of that here! I bought two, one to keep on card and one to open.

I also bought Norm, Action Jackson, and the Fonz.

It is very hard to believe that Mego is back! Bring on POTA and Marvel!!!!

Comment

• JediJaida
              Talkative Member
              • Jun 14, 2008

I'd like to see an entire line of Dracula figures.
              JediJaida

Comment

• Hedji
                Citizen of Gotham
                • Nov 17, 2012

Or vampires in general maybe? It's always fun to have Lugosi and Lee hanging out with Nosferatu and Barlow.

Comment

• spockoda
                  Museum Super Collector
                  • Jan 14, 2018

Originally posted by thunderbolt
                  actually the same price as EMCE, they were 29.99 for pairs of two when they came out at BBTS. EMCE Treks were under 20 also.
                  The Emce's weren't under $20 where I shopped, they were $24.95 each. And the FTC's were $30 a piece.

Comment

• bgiles73
                    Veteran Member
                    • Apr 14, 2010

Originally posted by Hedji
                    Or vampires in general maybe? It's always fun to have Lugosi and Lee hanging out with Nosferatu and Barlow.
                    I’d love to have all those and Louis and Lestat to add to the mix too! Oh, and more Dark Shadows also.

Comment

• TrekStar
                      Trek or Treat
                      • Jan 20, 2011

I think a new mego Dark Shadows Barnabas figure would be very cool.

Comment

• SWCWorld
                        Museum Patron
                        • Aug 10, 2011

I think the Dracula figure is certainly in a class by itself. I also like the new-wave bodies, with the heft and weight; they just FEEL sturdier. I am also very happy with my 14" figures of General Zod and Batman. Although I had not planned on purchasing anything other than the five 8" figures that were most interesting in the first wave, the 14" figures have grown on me, and I like them very much; the muscle body sculpts are cool; I like the knee joints, and the detail on the sculpting of the Zod and Batman heads is really good.

Glad that Mego is back to share with my sons... You are NEVER too old to buy Mego.

Comment

• spockoda
                          Museum Super Collector
                          • Jan 14, 2018

Originally posted by tjacwave50
                          Same here.

Comment

• Remco Monster
                            GLOWS in the Dark!
                            • May 3, 2006

Originally posted by tjacwave50
                            YES, please. Or even a reissue of the first one. He is quite pricey on the secondary market these days.

Comment

• thunderbolt
                              Hi Ernie!!!
                              • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by spockoda
                              The Emce's weren't under $20 where I shopped, they were $24.95 each. And the FTC's were $30 a piece.
                              well they were where I shopped. TRU had them for 19.95 and BBTS was cheaper at 30 bucks a pair.
                              You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• spockoda
                                Museum Super Collector
                                • Jan 14, 2018

Originally posted by thunderbolt
                                well they were where I shopped. TRU had them for 19.95 and BBTS was cheaper at 30 bucks a pair.
                                I shopped at one of the Hastings chain of stores.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎