X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TomStrong
    Persistent Member
    • Jul 22, 2011

Originally posted by palitoy
    I've noticed Ambassadors is starting to moderate and boot people who can't play nice, as is their right. There are a few people in there who just want to troll.

There was another group that referred to the Museum Mods as "Tyrants" but if you challenge them in any way, they'd kick you out, that's not ironic.
    I saw that after commenting on how nice I thought this sight was. Who comes here to argue that hard? I just want to relax and discuss Megos. Good grief!

Comment

• palitoy
      live. laugh. lisa needs braces
      • Jun 16, 2001

Originally posted by TomStrong
      I saw that after commenting on how nice I thought this sight was. Who comes here to argue that hard? I just want to relax and discuss Megos. Good grief!
      I think I'm taking FB off my phone. I waded into some discussion in Ambassadors that was level headed but my phone hasn't stopped "pinging" and I left the conversation hours ago. Also, it's getting a bit terse now.
      Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
      http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• PNGwynne
        Master of Fowl Play
        • Jun 5, 2008

Originally posted by MIB41
        After reading an emotionally filled thread about how Mego should be addressed by it's "proper name", like there's a pecking order for respect, ...
        I was desperate for about a week, then ordered online lol...

Seriously, this nomenclature thing interests me slightly. What's the concern? I'm trying to call vintage Mego, "Mego" and new Mego "Mego Corp." makes sense to me...
        WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• MRP
          Persistent Member
          • Jul 19, 2016

Originally posted by PNGwynne

Seriously, this nomenclature thing interests me slightly. What's the concern? I'm trying to call vintage Mego, "Mego" and new Mego "Mego Corp." makes sense to me...
          I think of it as Classic Mego and Mego Reborn to differentiate, but it's all Mego to me. I sometimes use Mego-style to describe 8 inch figures with cloth accessories from other companies, but that started before I found the Museum and the forums and saw people using Re-Mego for that.

My wife joined the ambassadors group on FB (I am not on FB, she is) for us to follow the news, announcements, first looks and such, and I think she has only posted once or twice there, once was some pics of the endcaps at Targets we stopped at in NY on our trip to Vermont and back and the other might have been a wish list. I've looked in on a few of the discussions but honestly there is nothing there that would make me want to buy in to Mego or Mego fandom if I didn't already love the product, as it seems to revel in the worst aspects of many fandoms on both the positive and negative sides of the aisle. So, in that sense, for me, it is not a very good face for the company as an outreach group as I envision an ambassador should be, and I have stopped looking there for news about upcoming releases or what not and just wait for the news to reach here. It's really the only thing about the return of Mego that hasn't been a net positive from my POV, sure there have been some stumbles with the roll out at Target and not every license is something that interests me, but overall, reviving Mego was a huge undertaking that has been executed well and seems to be a success if early indicators are accurate, and that is an impressive feat in today's marketplace.

Constructive criticism can be helpful, but most of the complaints to me are the equivalent of a kid going down on Christmas morning and getting dozens of wonderful presents, toys, etc. under the tree, but complaining Christmas sucked because I didn't get X or Y and ignoring all the things they did get and not being appreciative someone went through the effort to get them gifts at all. I never had time for those kids when I was school age, and I certainly don't have time for adults acting that way now that I am a middle-aged man, though I see it in all kinds of fandoms across the spectrum, not just Mego fans or toy fans. So I think I am mostly just done with the group as it is, and I think my Mego experience will be better off without it.

-M
          "Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Comment

• MIB41
            Eloquent Member
            • Sep 25, 2005

The concern is not mine. It’s on the battlefield over at Ambassadors. It’s like asking for a Coke and being assailed for not calling it Pepsi. I’m not getting off in the weeds on that kind of hairsplitting. Call it anything you want, just don’t call me late for dinner. 😎
            Last edited by MIB41; Sep 11, '18, 9:26 PM.

Comment

• PNGwynne
              Master of Fowl Play
              • Jun 5, 2008

No, no--I was asking generally about the FB conversation, not questioning your post. I should have said, "their concern." Just curious as to what was upsetting fans.
              Last edited by PNGwynne; Sep 11, '18, 9:43 PM.
              WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• LonnieFisher
                Eloquent Member
                • Jan 19, 2008

Well, I'm upset that I haven't found any wave two figures a month before they are supposed to be released! What a gyp!

Comment

• MIB41
                  Eloquent Member
                  • Sep 25, 2005

No, no--I was asking rhetorically about the FB conversation. Not questioning you. I should have said, "their concern." Just curious as to what was upsetting fans.
                  If I had to take all that drama and narrow it down to one issue, I would say there are a number of people who don’t fully understand the use of shorthand expressions (like ReMego).

Instead they have chosen to see those catch-all expressions as something demeaning to the Mego name. So it’s degraded into this, “How do we properly kiss the ring,” mentality which I find embarrassing. It’s a toy company. Life goes on.

Comment

• cockyhoskins
                    Career Member
                    • Jan 13, 2009

In the meantime, I'm just happy we have new figures... when y'all crack the code, please let me know!

Comment

• EmergencyIan
                      Museum Paramedic
                      • Aug 31, 2005

I’m stroll onto FB this morning and the Ambassadors seems to have sunk to a new low. Threats of physical violence, etc. I suppose the thread will be deleted later this morning, but it’s exploding right now. Pathetic!

- Ian
                      Rampart, this is Squad 51. How do you read?

Comment

• palitoy
                        • Jun 16, 2001

Originally posted by EmergencyIan
                        I’m stroll onto FB this morning and the Ambassadors seems to have sunk to a new low. Threats of physical violence, etc. I suppose the thread will be deleted later this morning, but it’s exploding right now. Pathetic!

- Ian
                        Mego flamewars are usually my department, this feels weird.

Comment

• EmergencyIan
                          Museum Paramedic
                          • Aug 31, 2005

Originally posted by palitoy
                          Mego flamewars are usually my department, this feels weird.
                          Thankfully, you don’t have to moderate that group. It’s so far beyond the pale, at times.

- Ian
                          Rampart, this is Squad 51. How do you read?

Comment

• EMCE Hammer
                            Moderation Engineer
                            • Aug 14, 2003

The MA garden needs a thorough weeding.

Comment

• palitoy
                              • Jun 16, 2001

Originally posted by EmergencyIan
                              Thankfully, you don’t have to moderate that group. It’s so far beyond the pale, at times.

- Ian
                              Trust me, I'm not applying for the gig. On top of folks that we banned from here, there is the added milieu of people I just don't personally care for that have now been reminded of my existance and are doing unsolicited and very unwelcome things to now garner my attention, wheeeeeee!

Instead they have chosen to see those catch-all expressions as something demeaning to the Mego name. So it’s degraded into this, “How do we properly kiss the ring,” mentality which I find embarrassing. It’s a toy company. Life goes on.
                              Great analogy, it smacks of people being a bit bored more than anything.

Comment

• hedrap
                                Permanent Member
                                • Feb 10, 2009

Wasn't this bound to happen? I remember Retro Action got nukin futs for awhile. It's like anything Mego sanctioned causes some moon howling.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎