X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • The Bat
    Batman Fanatic
    • Jul 14, 2002

Originally posted by MIB41
    I think there IS a time and place to point out potential problems (tactfully) for the sake of the hobby. One does not get to the collector realm without some degree of passion, especially if it's linked to our childhoods. But if no one can have that dialogue without someone grading it's merits for being either too negative or too positive, then we don't have a conversation that benefits anyone. Like anything, it's how you say it. But even saying it well will not remove the connotation nor the attitudes of people who simply want a one-note commentary track.
    Ever the voice of reason...well said!
    sigpic

Comment

• Hedji
      Citizen of Gotham
      • Nov 17, 2012

We are all guilty of being a bit hung up on licensing and character wishlists, myself included.

I think it’s important to remember that some of the most beloved toy lines in history were original creations and not licensed characters. Again, I’m verging on wishlist agenda, I admit, but I think a lot of negativity could be turned around if Mego were to offer some new original characters and concepts.

Comment

• VintageMike
        Permanent Member
        • Dec 16, 2004

Unfortunately, I see the same thing with wrestling (which I am a big fan of) these days. Entitlement. People who complain because It's not what they themself want. Do I like every figure no? Nope. Is anyone pointing a gun at my head to buy them? Also nope. So I buy the ones I like and leave it at that. It's also a first run of new product so there are bound to be issues. I also think we were blessed as kids with the original Mego. Now if something doesn't live up to that, there's always complaints. Not much will because we are no longer kids and as much as Mego brings out the child in us everything gets processed/analyzed through adult minds.

Comment

• darkbros
          Persistent Member
          • Jul 3, 2012

Bah! they're toys...mindless fluff we buy to give ourselves a sense of being and joy in an often cruel sad world.
          I don't get hung up on it...I buy what I like, Customize it if I think I can make it better, or pass if it's not my cup of tea.
          So just enjoy the ride.

PS. If 10,000 people buy all the Draculas and AJs and the rest warm the peg, best believe Target's corporate buyers will pass the message along, no need to complain.
          Customizing 1:9: My Videoblog journey of Customizing!
          https://www.facebook.com/customizingonenine
          ---------------------------------------------------------------------
          "I don't do it for the haters, I do it for the players." --snoop dogg

Comment

• Mego Milk
            Custom Mego Maker
            • Jun 3, 2007

I like when Palitoy says..."buy what you like"

BAM!

Comment

• Brue
              User without title
              • Sep 29, 2005

While I rea;ize the point of the Mego Ambassador FB page was to promote a positive view of the new Mego, negativity is synonomous with FB. It is best to accept it as part of the platform just cordially respond or ignore negativity. Or better yet, start a new post that is postve which pushes negatve posts down the page.

Comment

• Mary Canary
                Career Member
                • Jun 21, 2017

I feel like the Mego Ambassadors group is having a meltdown tonight. Why are people so angry at Mego and at Target? Life is too short to be so angry over toys. I like the Mego Museum. So glad we have this space to talk about a fun little hobby that excites us and unites us. Not everyone here sees eye to eye all the time, but this is such a positive environment compared to the Ambassadors page. Kudos to everyone who plays nice here.

Comment

• Mego Newbie14
                  Veteran Member
                  • Jul 25, 2018

^I've really enjoy coming on here too. And Facebook just seems to spawn negatively no matter what the topic is.

Comment

• palitoy
                    live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                    • Jun 16, 2001

I've noticed Ambassadors is starting to moderate and boot people who can't play nice, as is their right. There are a few people in there who just want to troll.

There was another group that referred to the Museum Mods as "Tyrants" but if you challenge them in any way, they'd kick you out, that's not ironic.
                    Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                    http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• Mary Canary
                      Career Member
                      • Jun 21, 2017

Originally posted by palitoy
                      I've noticed Ambassadors is starting to moderate and boot people who can't play nice, as is their right. There are a few people in there who just want to troll.

There was another group that referred to the Museum Mods as "Tyrants" but if you challenge them in any way, they'd kick you out, that's not ironic.
                      Someone on YouTube also referred to you as a fascist, LoL. Meanwhile, folks in the Ambassadors group are calling other people nazis because "freedom of speech" (read: cussing and complaining about Mego) is "not allowed."

The worst was the jerk posting jokes about cerebral palsy in reference to cousin Geri on Facts of Life. Like how disgusting of a person do you have to be to think that's funny or ok? That was quickly taken down.

I just don't understand why people spend so much time complaining about stuff though. I'm personally happy and excited, but if they dislike Mego so much or it isn't the Mego they remember, go collect something else. Find your happy. Or have a little patience to see what's going to happen after Target. They act like their lives are ruined.

Comment

• palitoy
                        live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                        • Jun 16, 2001

Originally posted by Mary Canary
                        Someone on YouTube also referred to you as a fascist, LoL. .
                        Facist toyboard, that sounds like something a rational adult would say. I imagine I know who said that, he wasn't missed by anybody here and he's a miserable person.

Meanwhile, folks in the Ambassadors group are calling other people nazis because "freedom of speech" (read: cussing and complaining about Mego) is "not allowed."
                        Oh yes, "Moderated forum" doesn't seem to sink in much. I also love when the victim card is played yet there seems to be lots of people safely expressing their downsides with the line. It's not like you can't say anything negative in there, far from it but maybe don't insult the chairman personally?

The worst was the jerk posting jokes about cerebral palsy in reference to cousin Geri on Facts of Life. Like how disgusting of a person do you have to be to think that's funny or ok? That was quickly taken down.
                        Yeah, that was completely out of line, hope he got booted for that. This facist would kick people out for that.
                        Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                        http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• Psykodelik Vampyre
                          Museum Patron
                          • Jan 22, 2018

Constructive criticism is one thing, trolling is just childish and sad.
                          https://www.reverbnation.com/psykodelikvampyres

Comment

• EmergencyIan
                            Museum Paramedic
                            • Aug 31, 2005

In my experience with these Mego releases, when I see a post on FB, or here, that has the word “hate” in it, an immediate red flag raises. That’s very strong wording when talking about toys. I know nothing good is going to come of it or the poster, when it comes to talking toys. The discussion and point of view will never be rational and likely never has been...then, you peek at their personal FB page and any doubts are laid to rest.

- Ian
                            Last edited by EmergencyIan; Sep 11, '18, 3:51 PM. Reason: Typo
                            Rampart, this is Squad 51. How do you read?

Comment

• thunderbolt
                              Hi Ernie!!!
                              • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by palitoy

And sadly that group has withered away and disappeared. Well, not really sadly.
                              You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• MIB41
                                Eloquent Member
                                • Sep 25, 2005

After reading an emotionally filled thread about how Mego should be addressed by it's "proper name", like there's a pecking order for respect, I'm beginning to wonder how many of these folks live in quiet desperation, stalking Targets, looking for their next eight inch meaning of life. As much as trolls hating something is a buzz kill, overstating one's obsession can be just as distracting. Context is badly needed on both ends of this equation since we're mostly dealing with a group composed of adults in their 40's and 50's.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎