X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • EmergencyIan
    Museum Paramedic
    • Aug 31, 2005

Originally posted by hedrap
    I see your point, but isn't this the blowback for redoing original Mego's? Replicas are quicksand.
    Maybe so, when dealing with rational people. This isn’t that situation. You can reason with me and I can reason with you. This is not the case with many, many of them. Additionally, my example with Richie, was just one scenario of any that you could imagine or never make up, in that group.

- Ian
    Rampart, this is Squad 51. How do you read?

Comment

• MIB41
      Eloquent Member
      • Sep 25, 2005

Originally posted by kingkongsy
      Some of these folks just don't want anyone to have any opinion nor thoughts at all and pretend that all is great.
      I think you just have to understand that your opinion is your own. Whether someone else agrees or not shouldn't matter as long as you're comfortable with it. There's no point in debating observations that are all subjective in nature. I have loads of FTC figures and I REALLY like them. I also have waaaaaay too many Megos and vintage toy lines. But do I only share time and space in my life with people who like these things? Not remotely. Ask my wife for starters.

But it doesn't mean I can't stand in the same space and not respect them. These are toys. I have good friends who have nothing to do with any of this stuff. I have others that are in the hobby, but we don't always agree on everything. It's no big deal. There's a bigger world out there than just this. Quit worrying about which figure sells best or worst or whether your opinion has been heard. Ultimately that's Target, Paul, and Marty's job. Enjoy the ones you like and embrace this moment while we have it. Block out the static and focus on those things you like.

Comment

• Mary Canary
        Career Member
        • Jun 21, 2017

^ "embrace this moment while we have it"

Yes. I remember when the Jem movie came out and all of these people were hating on it before it ever reached theaters. Meanwhile, I'm standing in Dundas Square (Toronto's version of Time Square) watching a Jem movie trailer on repeat on a giant screen and thinking "Let me just take this in, let me remember being 10 years old..." 'Cause I never thought something like this would happen, yknow? Was it the perfect Jem movie? No. But nothing is perfect, and I'll always have that memory of that moment of excitement. And the memory of the new Mego endcap at Target. These are crazy exciting times for Mego fans, but instead of just taking in the moment for what it is, people are complaining about "what it isn't."

Comment

• kingkongsy
          • Oct 3, 2017

Well, the Jem movie was just a cheap cash grab made by folks who had zero understand about the subject matter.
          it has nothing to do with being perfect because it was about lazy Hollywood making a fast buck. When people do money for quick cash grabs you will end up with Jem or that tacky Ghostbusters disaster movie

Comment

• Mary Canary
            Career Member
            • Jun 21, 2017

^ K. That wasn't really my point.

Comment

• toothaction
              Career Member
              • Jul 15, 2017

The rest of understood what you were saying, Mary. Thanks for the nice comment.
              >>> Looking for a few Bif Bang Pow! pretties. Please click to see if you can help!

Comment

• palitoy
                live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                • Jun 16, 2001

Originally posted by toothaction
                The rest of understood what you were saying, Mary. Thanks for the nice comment.
                Yes, it was a great exercise in seeing the positive in any situation. I felt the same way sitting with my family watching "Justice League" .
                Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• noelani72
                  27inaleon
                  • Jun 25, 2002

I have blocked at least 20 folks so far from just the Ambassador page alone...and I am about ready to leave it altogether...so much hate...the Paul Stanley post dings me every time a new update is made.

I guess a $12.99 Mego is too much for people. Sad there is so much criticism.
                  Depresses me every day until I walk into Target and buy a mego

Comment

• Remco Monster
                    GLOWS in the Dark!
                    • May 3, 2006

Guys, change your notification preferences for the group and you won’t get notified about post replies. You can also click on the options for any particular post to get notified or stop notifications for that post/thread.

Comment

• tllgn
                      Persistent Member
                      • Feb 6, 2010

it appears that its not only face book that there is a assortment of negitive nelles ,on youtube while watching reviews about the mego 2018 figures ,there are rants ,complaining about all sorts of
                      things about the new figures and how much they hate target .but the weird one of all i came across ,was some idiot burning over a candle a new mego sulu ! this guy is nothing but strange .either he hates
                      the figure or george takei ,or star trek , or mego .he must be a sadist .some people will put anything on youtube weird i tell ya .

Comment

• CrimsonGhost
                        Often invisible
                        • Jul 18, 2002

Originally posted by tllgn
                        it appears that its not only face book that there is a assortment of negitive nelles ,on youtube while watching reviews about the mego 2018 figures ,there are rants ,complaining about all sorts of
                        things about the new figures and how much they hate target .but the weird one of all i came across ,was some idiot burning over a candle a new mego sulu ! this guy is nothing but strange .either he hates
                        the figure or george takei ,or star trek , or mego .he must be a sadist .some people will put anything on youtube weird i tell ya .
                        They gotta buy 'em to burn 'em!
                        Expectation is the death of discovery.

Comment

• Mary Canary
                          Career Member
                          • Jun 21, 2017

I feel like so many people in that Mego Ambassador group can never be satisfied. So much rage over action figures.

Comment

• palitoy
                            live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                            • Jun 16, 2001

Yeah, the group is populated with folks who just keep returning to complain. The admins are trying to encourage other discussion, holding contests, asking to see collections etc. Hopefully it can find a balance.

A friend of mine recently posted her complete wave 1 and 2 collection, i couldn't get over the snarky comments posted about it, how rude can people be? She's happy with her purchases, it really bugged me.
                            Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                            http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• Werewolf
                              Inhuman
                              • Jul 14, 2003

Originally posted by tllgn
                              ibut the weird one of all i came across ,was some idiot burning over a candle a new mego sulu ! this guy is nothing but strange .either he hates
                              We now live in a reality TV hell and every nutcase thinks they are the star of the show. Being as cruel, crass and obnoxious possible for attention. Social media is going to be the end of us.
                              You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• Hedji
                                Citizen of Gotham
                                • Nov 17, 2012

Originally posted by Werewolf
                                Social media is going to be the end of us.
                                I hope not. There's always this place, which is pretty nice, in my opinion. I think we can consider a message board a form of Social Media?

It's like any team, workforce, or group you're involved with. The members have to decide on the tone and make a conscious effort to make the environment they way they want it to be.

I've been trying very hard to be positive with the majority of my posts and comments, and complain only when I reach a breaking point. But the realization I come to over and over when I complain online: No one cares. I mean, really for the most part if my toy is broken, late, or doesn't meet my standards, and I voice it, really I'm just shouting into traffic. Mostly, people just don't care to hear it.

And as far as arguing on the internet, I'd love to see some evidence of one person changing someone else's mind after they disagree. Never happens.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎