Buying some TOYS? Use these nifty links to help support the Mego Museum!

Support the Museum! Buy toys!
ReMegos @ Entertainment Earth | Megos on eBay | Amazon USA | Amazon UK | Amazon Canada

Running the Museum isn't cheap, and we could use your help!

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 12347 ... LastLast

Thread: Facebook negativity

Quote Originally Posted by tjacwave50 View Post
    I wouldn't think the Trek figures would have ankle issues since its boot legs and not feet.

For those who have the new Trek figures, are there any issues with them? just curious.

If we're talking tv classics, I would really like to see a set of Seinfeld and M*A*S*H* Mego's,
    I think they would sell better than Facts of Life. Jmo
    There probably were some better choices but like someone pointed out there are some reboots of some of these shows in the works.

I wouldn't think the Trek figures would have ankle issues since its boot legs and not feet.

For those who have the new Trek figures, are there any issues with them? just curious.

If we're talking tv classics, I would really like to see a set of Seinfeld and M*A*S*H* Mego's,
    I think they would sell better than Facts of Life. Jmo
    I have the new Mego Sulu and Chekov; no problems that I can see. Both are well-made. Some have complained about the top of Chekov's collar rolling up some, but I really had no problem with that. Joints are fine; everything seems to be very well made.

Quote Originally Posted by SWCWorld View Post
    I have the new Mego Sulu and Chekov; no problems that I can see. Both are well-made. Some have complained about the top of Chekov's collar rolling up some, but I really had no problem with that. Joints are fine; everything seems to be very well made.
    Sounds good and thank you for the information, if I can grab these at some point I'll feel more confident about
    getting them.

Only issue with the male body is the left hip jutting out, but the pants aren't tight enough to make it really noticeable. Joints are solid and they don't have the hip posing problems of the FTC figures. They are nice and solid; kids could play with them easily. The collars are a bit problematic and can stick up, but I think a small dab from a glue stick can fix that. The material is good quality. So overall, only a couple issues that are outweighed by the good points.

Quote Originally Posted by scott metzger View Post
    Only issue with the male body is the left hip jutting out, but the pants aren't tight enough to make it really noticeable. Joints are solid and they don't have the hip posing problems of the FTC figures. They are nice and solid; kids could play with them easily...So overall, only a couple issues that are outweighed by the good points.
    With an exacto blade on a new 8" male Mego pelvis (after removing a shoulder elastic) I trimmed the front left hip to match the look of the right one. I used a sanding stick to smooth it along the entire inside hip opening. It probably only took me 5-10 minutes: It was a quick fix.
    Last edited by comicmike; Aug 10, '18 at 12:08 AM.

I’m not on Facebook but the reaction I’ve seen on other websites is crazy. If your not into Mego that’s fine but to talk crap and question who wants it is ridiculous. My username says it all. I’m new to the world of Mego and I love it! Bought the I Dream of Jeannie two pack today and that wraps up all the 8 inch figures. I’ve had more fun and felt more kid like getting these then I have with Marvel Legends or Star Wars Black or WWE Elites. These are FUN! And I can’t wait for the rest of the waves this year and to see what Mr. Abrams and Doc have up their sleeves for next year and the years after. Sorry for the rant.

Images
    I don't do facebook but always wondered what's its appeal ?

You can post pictures and commentary ?... you can do that here
    .................................................. .......................

Personally, as a business owner, I would want to hear all criticisms regardless of tone. It is very important to know where consumers stand on my service or product no matter how cruel (OR how kind) their opinions are.

The New Mego needs to know where people stand on the new subject matter; the new scale; the new packaging; etc.

This is also NOT their first rodeo people. They have all been through this before. They are "big boys" and know how to sift through the shhhhh!t (AND the sycophants) to find the true, meaningful, and constructive criticism they need in order to better their product AND their brand.

I am certain that somebody else here could just as easily start a thread entitled: FACEBOOK POSITIVITY and carry on about disgusted they are at those who are lined up to worship at the temple of Marty Abrams and how even if he was putting out human feces on a card they'd still buy it.

Let the people have their say, no matter how much you do not like it.

Peace, Love, and Megos!

Austin
    Check out ALL my customs at https://www.facebook.com/megowgshcustoms

Images
    Iím with Austin on this one, the people that blindly praise and kiss butt are just as bad. Though some people do take it too far and get too mean in their criticisms, but you just have to ignore the extremists as much as possible. There are good things and bad things about the new Mego figures and I am confident that improvements will happen as more waves are released, and all in all, I think the good far outweighs the bad.

I think for the post part, people are pretty excited and happy Mego are back. I know I am.
    Last edited by Remco Monster; Aug 11, '18 at 11:47 AM.

Constructive criticism is always good. Can't make things better if you don't know what needs work. Just don't understand some of the hate these are getting. If you have a valid reason for not liking something that's fine. Just hating on something for no reason seems like a waste of energy.