X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jwyblejr
    galactic yo-yo
    • Apr 6, 2006

Facebook negativity

Anybody else getting tired of this? I know I am. It's like every other thread over there is complaining about the lines Mego is putting out. They don't like Cheers. They don't like Facts of Life. They don't like Brady Bunch. It's just one wave. Give them time to get rolling.
  • Megotastrophe
    Permanent Member
    • Jun 29, 2018

Weird. I have been impressed with how positive everyone on the mego ambassadors has been. We must be blocking different people.

Comment

• Hedji
      Citizen of Gotham
      • Nov 17, 2012

As a Star Wars fan, I'm used to it. But not with Mego. I mean.... we got Mego back. THE Mego. And it's just the beginning.

It takes so much energy to be negative. I guess expressing disappointment can be cathartic, but after a while, it is exhausting and time to move on. I didn't buy them all, but I love the ones I did!

Comment

• K
        Fun Will Now Commence
        • Jun 20, 2001

This is news to me. I don't do Facebook, don't read it or do much with it, I do read Twitter. The Twitter comments about the new mego figures has been pretty positive. I did go to the Facebook Niko site just to sign up as an ambassador but that's pretty much it.
        I LOVE CHEESECAKE!!!sigpic

"...and the Geeks shall inherit the earth."

Comment

• kerowack
          Career Member
          • Feb 27, 2008

Come on. The negativity has been VERY respectful and the discussions well thought out. The problem is A LOT of people feel the same way. My biggest complaint is now the ankles on these things. All of mine are loose. It's out of control.

Comment

• spockoda
            Museum Super Collector
            • Jan 14, 2018

There's a fine line between the "everybody has a right to their opinion" idea and getting disrespectful. Do I like Star Wars? Yes. Do I like DISNEY Star Wars? Not so much. Do I like Cheers? I used to be quite a fan when it was on but I don't watch it in reruns and I don't seek out the seasons on dvd or anything so I passed on the Norm figure. I think it's great they made it though and I realize there are some shows out there I would buy figures from that others perhaps wouldn't(Night Court, anyone?). The Cheers and Facts Of Life type of stuff was being done by the Classic TV Toys outfit so the idea of these being made shouldn't be a shock to anyone. I think it's great Mego has come back even though I seriously doubt I will buy EVERY new Mego that comes out.

Comment

• spockoda
              Museum Super Collector
              • Jan 14, 2018

Originally posted by kerowack
              Come on. The negativity has been VERY respectful and the discussions well thought out. The problem is A LOT of people feel the same way. My biggest complaint is now the ankles on these things. All of mine are loose. It's out of control.
              Loose ankle joints, you say? I REALLY need to open the new Megos I have as this has me wondering now.

Comment

• Mego Newbie14
                Veteran Member
                • Jul 25, 2018

Spockoda, thank you for letting me know I'm not the only one who would like Night Court made.

Comment

• TrekStar
                  Trek or Treat
                  • Jan 20, 2011

I wouldn't think the Trek figures would have ankle issues since its boot legs and not feet.

For those who have the new Trek figures, are there any issues with them? just curious.

If we're talking tv classics, I would really like to see a set of Seinfeld and M*A*S*H* Mego's,
                  I think they would sell better than Facts of Life. Jmo

Comment

• spockoda
                    Museum Super Collector
                    • Jan 14, 2018

Originally posted by Mego Newbie14
                    Spockoda, thank you for letting me know I'm not the only one who would like Night Court made.
                    Not a problem, I have been a Night Court fan since it first came on. A lot of good memories from all those zinger lines from that show! Mind if I smoke?

Comment

• spockoda
                      Museum Super Collector
                      • Jan 14, 2018

Originally posted by tjacwave50
                      I wouldn't think the Trek figures would have ankle issues since its boot legs and not feet.

For those who have the new Trek figures, are there any issues with them? just curious.

If we're talking tv classics, I would really like to see a set of Seinfeld and M*A*S*H* Mego's,
                      There probably were some better choices but like someone pointed out there are some reboots of some of these shows in the works.

Comment

• SWCWorld
                        Museum Patron
                        • Aug 10, 2011

I have the new Mego Sulu and Chekov; no problems that I can see. Both are well-made. Some have complained about the top of Chekov's collar rolling up some, but I really had no problem with that. Joints are fine; everything seems to be very well made.

Comment

• TrekStar
                          Trek or Treat
                          • Jan 20, 2011

Originally posted by SWCWorld
                          I have the new Mego Sulu and Chekov; no problems that I can see. Both are well-made. Some have complained about the top of Chekov's collar rolling up some, but I really had no problem with that. Joints are fine; everything seems to be very well made.
                          Sounds good and thank you for the information, if I can grab these at some point I'll feel more confident about
                          getting them.

Comment

• scott metzger
                            Persistent Member
                            • Jul 9, 2007

Only issue with the male body is the left hip jutting out, but the pants aren't tight enough to make it really noticeable. Joints are solid and they don't have the hip posing problems of the FTC figures. They are nice and solid; kids could play with them easily. The collars are a bit problematic and can stick up, but I think a small dab from a glue stick can fix that. The material is good quality. So overall, only a couple issues that are outweighed by the good points.

Comment

• comicmike
                              Persistent Member
                              • Sep 22, 2009

Originally posted by scott metzger
                              Only issue with the male body is the left hip jutting out, but the pants aren't tight enough to make it really noticeable. Joints are solid and they don't have the hip posing problems of the FTC figures. They are nice and solid; kids could play with them easily...So overall, only a couple issues that are outweighed by the good points.
                              With an exacto blade on a new 8" male Mego pelvis (after removing a shoulder elastic) I trimmed the front left hip to match the look of the right one. I used a sanding stick to smooth it along the entire inside hip opening. It probably only took me 5-10 minutes: It was a quick fix.
                              Last edited by comicmike; Aug 10, '18, 12:08 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎