Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Brown Bear
    Still Old School
    • Feb 14, 2008

FTC has had its flaws and some not corrected, but it seems they can do no right. Everything they release seems to have a backlash similar to every tweet from Trump.
    Reality is FTC has made countless dreams come true megos over the years and keeps pumping out new mego figures we can choose from.
    Every single company that has released mego figures in the new era has had issues. EMCE painted heads, BBP Steve Austin guys falling apart in my hands or oversized BSG heads etc but all is forgiven because these guys are our friends.
    I buy them all if I like them and none if I don’t. I haven’t jumped on the bandwagon to crap all over any of them as I see new megos with flaws better than no megos a good thing.
    The biggest issue I see with all this FTC hatred is their lack of a presence here. People want proof their listening but they’ve honoured any order I ever made by replacing a figure etc so what can I say. And they have a good relationship with the Museum making my Friday newsletter email something a look forward to.
    I love Mego and Paul and Marty and in the end want them to win, but I’d be lying if I said I wasn’t choosing 12 inch FTC DC guys over 14 inch guys.
    We all want the same thing. More cool megos, so please just buy what u like and don’t buy if ya don’t like. Reading rants about dolls is getting old.
    Check out my website: Megozine Covers - Home

Comment

• jeffbearco
      Persistent Member
      • Mar 27, 2011

FTC has done some great things. The Batman 66 line has some really great high points and I've purchased a LOT of them! I'm really hoping that the Wonder Woman 77 line will be up to that standard as well! There is a LOT of potential there for greatness!

I am generally one of the positive voices in the crowd. I get negative on occasion. I try to offer constructive criticism where I can. I definitely throw out what I consider good ideas for new toys or how things could be improved. Still waiting for Shazam with gold trim to go with Captain Marvel Jr and Mary Marvel. Sometime before the movie would be great.

And yes, occasionally, I do point out when I consider things to be just bad. That isn't often. I made one post about the 3 3/4 inch heroes and someone pounced on me like a rabid chihuahua on acid. I did not post anything further on that topic and decided to just let it drop. Opinions are like a******s. Everybody has one. ... Unless you are an action figure I guess.

JeffBearCO

Comment

• EmergencyIan
        Museum Paramedic
        • Aug 31, 2005

Originally posted by jeffbearco
        FTC has done some great things. The Batman 66 line has some really great high points and I've purchased a LOT of them! I'm really hoping that the Wonder Woman 77 line will be up to that standard as well! There is a LOT of potential there for greatness!

I am generally one of the positive voices in the crowd. I get negative on occasion. I try to offer constructive criticism where I can. I definitely throw out what I consider good ideas for new toys or how things could be improved. Still waiting for Shazam with gold trim to go with Captain Marvel Jr and Mary Marvel. Sometime before the movie would be great.

And yes, occasionally, I do point out when I consider things to be just bad. That isn't often. I made one post about the 3 3/4 inch heroes and someone pounced on me like a rabid chihuahua on acid. I did not post anything further on that topic and decided to just let it drop. Opinions are like a******s. Everybody has one. ... Unless you are an action figure I guess.

JeffBearCO
        Your analysis of my response is not accurate, but you know that.

You posted that you never liked Mego’s Comic Action (and I’m assuming their pocket heroes) and that FTC would suck just like Mego’s did. I asked why even post in regard to the FTC versions when you never liked the originals. I stated that many weee excited by this news sonwhy crap on the remakes when you never liked the figures to begin with. Additionally, while i criticized your response, I was cordial. Now, unfortunately, I can’t say the same for your words directed toward me.

- Ian
        Rampart, this is Squad 51. How do you read?

Comment

• jeffbearco
          Persistent Member
          • Mar 27, 2011

I'm ... honestly not overly caring.
          I did say that I didn't care for the original Comic Action Heroes line. I thought they were sloppily and incompletely painted. They did not even have eyes.
          I did point out that to make them better, they could be remolded. Barring that, they could update the paint apps based on current technology to line up the paint with the molded edges, add eyes, add details like the yellow on Superman's symbol, and other details like that.
          I offered a criticism and a way to correct it in a way that I thought might make them sell better to the general public and take what I thought was a bad decision and make it into a better decision.

I did not call you out. You just did that yourself. Cheers on that.

No, I didn't care for those figures as a child. I still see the originals as poorly made. That is my opinion. Your opinion differs. But I think they could be improved tremendously to make them better.

Since you seem to have taken my criticism of a childhood toy as a personal assault, and I have obviously, unintentionally hurt your feelings multiple times, I apologize.

(Added a few seconds later) Or I could have just been trolled into a conversation where someone just wanted to stir up drama. If that's the case, Cheers again. You got me. I bow to your ... abilities.

JeffBearCO
          Last edited by jeffbearco; Aug 9, '18, 4:15 PM.

Comment

• EmergencyIan
            Museum Paramedic
            • Aug 31, 2005

^ If I fully understood the majority of what you just posted, I'd submit a complete response. What you said previously about CAH and FTC doing CAH figures is all on the record, as are my responses. It's about toys, but it's there for anyone to read. That's all I have to say about that.

- Ian
            Rampart, this is Squad 51. How do you read?

Comment

• The Batman Professor
              Veteran Member
              • Jul 15, 2010

I’ve also spent a PILE of money on FTC product, and have only been truly disappointed in one figure - ‘66 Batgirl. I understand criticism, but these figures are only $5 - $10 more than Multiverse figures at Wal-Mart, making them a helluva bargain, IMO.
              sigpicSWEAR TO ME!

Comment

• Madcap70
                • Dec 4, 2017

And I have alot of FTC figures (Old and new) and Space Ghost is fine....See this is what I don't get if you get a problem figure chances are it's an oops figure so send it back...And yes to all the FTC trashers that complain about the heads what about the Ponch & Jon Giant Melons from Mego?

Or the hot air balloons that were the BSG heads? (Except for the cylon they made that one too small)

This tells me one thing haters will hate...

Comment

• Megotastrophe
                  Permanent Member
                  • Jun 29, 2018

I like my 66 Batgirl. Oh well, that's why they make chocolate AND vanilla

Comment

• TrekStar
                    Trek or Treat
                    • Jan 20, 2011

I really never had any problems with FTC, I mostly get clothes and accessories from them for customs, and to be honest their bodies have got better, I mean look with what they started with, those horrible India made bodies, not that the current China bodies are anything to get excited over, but a simple restring and there fine. The one issue with FTC that I have is the $29.99 price tag for carded figures, so if I want a figure I'll buy one loose and restring or transfer to a mego body, but
                    unfortunately not all the figures are available loose, I really want to get a Gorilla Grod loose but it's not available loose
                    and I'm not coughing up $29.99 plus shipping to get it, I'll be patient and wait.

Like someone stated earlier, I think they over charge for shipping, especially if you only get clothes and accessories
                    the higher the amount the more they charge for shipping, and the package only weighs a few ounces.

But overall I'm glad we have FTC, many of us bought items from them that we would have wanted but never got if they didn't exist, like the 66 Batman series, so I understand some of the criticism with certain points but not all, some people just fly off the deep end for the heck of it, it's that old saying, misery loves company.

Comment

• The Batman Professor
                      Veteran Member
                      • Jul 15, 2010

Originally posted by Megotastrophe
                      I like my 66 Batgirl. Oh well, that's why they make chocolate AND vanilla
                      It’s that extra hole in her head that I can’t get past.
                      sigpicSWEAR TO ME!

Comment

• thunderbolt
                        Hi Ernie!!!
                        • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by The Batman Professor
                        It’s that extra hole in her head that I can’t get past.
                        that and the belt that doesn't sit on her hips, the too long cape and the horrible FTC body.
                        You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• thunderbolt
                          Hi Ernie!!!
                          • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by Madcap70
                          And I have alot of FTC figures (Old and new) and Space Ghost is fine....See this is what I don't get if you get a problem figure chances are it's an oops figure so send it back...And yes to all the FTC trashers that complain about the heads what about the Ponch & Jon Giant Melons from Mego?

Or the hot air balloons that were the BSG heads? (Except for the cylon they made that one too small)

This tells me one thing haters will hate...
                          Jon and Ponch were not "collector's" toys and didn't have a premium price tag. I skipped BSG and SMDM for the reason you mentioned. And sorry Space Ghost is not a good figure.
                          You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• wise guy
                            Career Member
                            • Dec 29, 2014

The same people always shoot these down but they don't have to buy them. I buy way more FTC figures but most of my broken figures are Emce( Doc mego) . With all the
                            complaining about prices I do think some are too poor to buy toys so they make excuses.
                            I don't wan't DC 8 ''Megos with 2 necks, and tiny head, any more than large mushy head
                            like BSG ,and Pike. The Target wild goose chase is so 90's that it's sad how people
                            keep running around and can't find anything( and keep saying there not mad).If you think
                            that's OK wait till wave 2 when only Targets that sold out wave 1 might re order, good luck!
                            Last edited by wise guy; Aug 10, '18, 7:42 AM.

Comment

• huedell
                              Museum Ball Eater
                              • Dec 31, 2003

Originally posted by thunderbolt
                              Jon and Ponch were not "collector's" toys and didn't have a premium price tag. I skipped BSG and SMDM for the reason you mentioned. And sorry Space Ghost is not a good figure.
                              We've clashed over FTC heads (and EMCE boots, other proportion issues, etc) and, while in pictures, I was silently as skeptical as you (I too thought the figures' heads could have been sized so they were more desirable product), but I bought Bizarro and Alfred anyway, thinking I'd "put up with it" for the more positive reasons about those character figures (I never delved into the new Dukes, so buying Daisy was never on the table).

When I got Bizarro/Alfred I liked them even more on display than I did in the pictures...although I still agree the heads could be smaller. Of course.

Curiosity has killed my cat 'round these parts many times... yet, I'll still ask you to take me sincerely when I ask:

Have you bought any of these big head figures despite your misgivings... or at least seen them in person?

And, if so did it make any difference in how you perceived the figures' over-sized heads?
                              "No. No no no no no no. You done got me talkin' politics. I didn't wanna'. Like I said y'all, I'm just happy to be alive. I think I'll scoot over here right by this winda', let this beautiful carriage rock me to sleep, and dream about how lucky I am." - Chris Mannix

Comment

• Mary Canary
                                Career Member
                                • Jun 21, 2017

Originally posted by Madcap70
                                See this is what I don't get if you get a problem figure chances are it's an oops figure so send it back...
                                Here's the thing... if it's never happened to you, God bless you. But when it's happened to you more than once, it makes you more of a reluctant consumer and a critic.
                                And it's not like they offer to pay the shipping costs associated with sending the figures back. That's just bad customer service and repeat problems (for me) = bad quality control.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎