Buying some TOYS? Use these nifty links to help support the Mego Museum!

Support the Museum! Buy toys!
ReMegos @ Entertainment Earth | Megos on eBay | Amazon USA | Amazon UK | Amazon Canada

Running the Museum isn't cheap, and we could use your help!

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 123458 ... LastLast

Thread: Some People Hate FTC

I’ve also spent a PILE of money on FTC product, and have only been truly disappointed in one figure - ‘66 Batgirl. I understand criticism, but these figures are only $5 - $10 more than Multiverse figures at Wal-Mart, making them a helluva bargain, IMO.
    SWEAR TO ME!

Images
    And I have alot of FTC figures (Old and new) and Space Ghost is fine....See this is what I don't get if you get a problem figure chances are it's an oops figure so send it back...And yes to all the FTC trashers that complain about the heads what about the Ponch & Jon Giant Melons from Mego?

Or the hot air balloons that were the BSG heads? (Except for the cylon they made that one too small)

This tells me one thing haters will hate...

I like my 66 Batgirl. Oh well, that's why they make chocolate AND vanilla

I really never had any problems with FTC, I mostly get clothes and accessories from them for customs, and to be honest their bodies have got better, I mean look with what they started with, those horrible India made bodies, not that the current China bodies are anything to get excited over, but a simple restring and there fine. The one issue with FTC that I have is the $29.99 price tag for carded figures, so if I want a figure I'll buy one loose and restring or transfer to a mego body, but
    unfortunately not all the figures are available loose, I really want to get a Gorilla Grod loose but it's not available loose
    and I'm not coughing up $29.99 plus shipping to get it, I'll be patient and wait.

Like someone stated earlier, I think they over charge for shipping, especially if you only get clothes and accessories
    the higher the amount the more they charge for shipping, and the package only weighs a few ounces.

But overall I'm glad we have FTC, many of us bought items from them that we would have wanted but never got if they didn't exist, like the 66 Batman series, so I understand some of the criticism with certain points but not all, some people just fly off the deep end for the heck of it, it's that old saying, misery loves company.

Quote Originally Posted by Megotastrophe View Post
    I like my 66 Batgirl. Oh well, that's why they make chocolate AND vanilla
    Itís that extra hole in her head that I canít get past.
    SWEAR TO ME!

Images
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by The Batman Professor View Post
    It’s that extra hole in her head that I can’t get past.
    that and the belt that doesn't sit on her hips, the too long cape and the horrible FTC body.
    Planet Earth is Blue

Images
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Madcap70 View Post
    And I have alot of FTC figures (Old and new) and Space Ghost is fine....See this is what I don't get if you get a problem figure chances are it's an oops figure so send it back...And yes to all the FTC trashers that complain about the heads what about the Ponch & Jon Giant Melons from Mego?

Or the hot air balloons that were the BSG heads? (Except for the cylon they made that one too small)

This tells me one thing haters will hate...
    Jon and Ponch were not "collector's" toys and didn't have a premium price tag. I skipped BSG and SMDM for the reason you mentioned. And sorry Space Ghost is not a good figure.
    Planet Earth is Blue

The same people always shoot these down but they don't have to buy them. I buy way more FTC figures but most of my broken figures are Emce( Doc mego) . With all the
    complaining about prices I do think some are too poor to buy toys so they make excuses.
    I don't wan't DC 8 ''Megos with 2 necks, and tiny head, any more than large mushy head
    like BSG ,and Pike. The Target wild goose chase is so 90's that it's sad how people
    keep running around and can't find anything( and keep saying there not mad).If you think
    that's OK wait till wave 2 when only Targets that sold out wave 1 might re order, good luck!
    Last edited by wise guy; Aug 10, '18 at 7:42 AM.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by thunderbolt View Post
    Jon and Ponch were not "collector's" toys and didn't have a premium price tag. I skipped BSG and SMDM for the reason you mentioned. And sorry Space Ghost is not a good figure.
    We've clashed over FTC heads (and EMCE boots, other proportion issues, etc) and, while in pictures, I was silently as skeptical as you (I too thought the figures' heads could have been sized so they were more desirable product), but I bought Bizarro and Alfred anyway, thinking I'd "put up with it" for the more positive reasons about those character figures (I never delved into the new Dukes, so buying Daisy was never on the table).

When I got Bizarro/Alfred I liked them even more on display than I did in the pictures...although I still agree the heads could be smaller. Of course.

Curiosity has killed my cat 'round these parts many times... yet, I'll still ask you to take me sincerely when I ask:

Have you bought any of these big head figures despite your misgivings... or at least seen them in person?

And, if so did it make any difference in how you perceived the figures' over-sized heads?
    "No. No no no no no no. You done got me talkin' politics. I didn't wanna'. Like I said y'all, I'm just happy to be alive. I think I'll scoot over here right by this winda', let this beautiful carriage rock me to sleep, and dream about how lucky I am." - Chris Mannix

Quote Originally Posted by Madcap70 View Post
    See this is what I don't get if you get a problem figure chances are it's an oops figure so send it back...
    Here's the thing... if it's never happened to you, God bless you. But when it's happened to you more than once, it makes you more of a reluctant consumer and a critic.
    And it's not like they offer to pay the shipping costs associated with sending the figures back. That's just bad customer service and repeat problems (for me) = bad quality control.