X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • thunderbolt
    Hi Ernie!!!
    • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by KOMonger
    Yes! Unfortunately I can see why they would stop, too. Too many criticisms, like floppy limbs, bad paint apps, and even the female body complaint, are out of their control.

Human beings on a production line are putting these together, mostly by hand. The same person can string one figure perfectly fine and then turn around and string the next figure too loose, or too tight. Same with paint apps, hold the stencil less than 1mil from level and your figure now has "bad eyes".

As for the female body complaint, it wouldn't be Mego if they re-did the body. Starting a new one from scratch would not be cost-effective either, since the current one does what it's supposed to do.
    none of the complaints are out of their control. They can refuse product, ask for redos. As far as the female body goes I'd love to see it redesigned, as they are now from FTC they are too tight, and end up hunched over or to one side due to the poor design/rubber bands. I think it is past time for the rubberband construction to go and evolve like Castaway's figure did. And I agree with Crimson Ghost, they would benefit greatly from either participating here or at least monitoring the forum (they probably do) to see feedback on products good or bad.
    You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• KOMonger
      Banned
      • Feb 17, 2015

Originally posted by thunderbolt
      none of the complaints are out of their control. They can refuse product, ask for redos. As far as the female body goes I'd love to see it redesigned, as they are now from FTC they are too tight, and end up hunched over or to one side due to the poor design/rubber bands. I think it is past time for the rubberband construction to go and evolve like Castaway's figure did. And I agree with Crimson Ghost, they would benefit greatly from either participating here or at least monitoring the forum (they probably do) to see feedback on products good or bad.
      Small companies are limited to demands when working with China companies. It's almost a take-it-or-leave-it situation. Ask for a re-do? More like, if you're not satisfied, (if we have time) pay us more to fix it. If we don't get paid, you can take your business elswhere.

My brother sells cheap tools originating from China. The US suppliers' invoice says "No returns, no exchanges, no exceptions". He once got a case of some power tool none of them would even turn on! This is the attitude for China companies. I've watched programs uploaded to youtube about China factories, toy companies, etc. The attitudes I'm describing are not exaggerated at all. When asked to increase production or rush orders the "boss" basically said "you want it sooner, of course it won't be perfect!"

Comment

• thunderbolt
        Hi Ernie!!!
        • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by huedell
        We've clashed over FTC heads (and EMCE boots, other proportion issues, etc) and, while in pictures, I was silently as skeptical as you (I too thought the figures' heads could have been sized so they were more desirable product), but I bought Bizarro and Alfred anyway, thinking I'd "put up with it" for the more positive reasons about those character figures (I never delved into the new Dukes, so buying Daisy was never on the table).

When I got Bizarro/Alfred I liked them even more on display than I did in the pictures...although I still agree the heads could be smaller. Of course.

Curiosity has killed my cat 'round these parts many times... yet, I'll still ask you to take me sincerely when I ask:

Have you bought any of these big head figures despite your misgivings... or at least seen them in person?

And, if so did it make any difference in how you perceived the figures' over-sized heads?
        nope, did not buy them. Saw Alfred and Kane in person, both were laughable with the giant heads. Luthor looks just as bad, but had not seen him in person. I have a better looking custom of the old school Lex anyway.
        You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• Boywonder0
          Persistent Member
          • Dec 29, 2007

Originally posted by Teemu
          66 Batman collection

[ATTACH=CONFIG]23528[/ATTACH]
          Stunning display!!!

Comment

• Boywonder0
            Persistent Member
            • Dec 29, 2007

Originally posted by huedell
            "Curiosity has killed my cat 'round these parts many times... yet, I'll still ask you to take me sincerely when I ask:

Have you bought any of these big head figures despite your misgivings... or at least seen them in person?

And, if so did it make any difference in how you perceived the figures' over-sized heads?
            "
            That's the whole point... Because haters can't buy FTC lines, they bash over their product so that those that do desist buying them...

I bet you anything that if an FTC Sales Rep offer any of the haters a figure for free they won't reject it

That, and the fact that they want others to believe they are the "Living Encyclopedia of ReMegos" explain their obsessive-compulsive need to criticize FTC.

Per their "Standards" they should be looking into Hot Toys figures instead of Megos or ReMegos... But then of course, because they can't buy them they will bash these too.

I really feel pity for them...

Comment

• PNGwynne
              Master of Fowl Play
              • Jun 5, 2008

What's this "can't buy" crap? Honestly, that's playground talk. Save your pity.
              WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Madcap70
                • Dec 4, 2017

Originally posted by Boywonder0
                That's the whole point... Because haters can't buy FTC lines, they bash over their product so that those that do desist buying them...

I bet you anything that if an FTC Sales Rep offer any of the haters a figure for free they won't reject it

That, and the fact that they want others to believe they are the "Living Encyclopedia of ReMegos" explain their obsessive-compulsive need to criticize FTC.

Per their "Standards" they should be looking into Hot Toys figures instead of Megos or ReMegos... But then of course, because they can't buy them they will bash these too.

And people see what they want and pick and choose ONE fight (Just see my comparison on the MOTUC line) that alot of people are totally ignoring but it IS relevant to the FTC/RE-Mego comparison but they do not want to acknowledge that because it would prove them wrong and that would be a no-no...

Comment

• thunderbolt
                  Hi Ernie!!!
                  • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by Boywonder0

Are you implying that people who are critical of them do so because they can't afford them? Little condescending there?

Comment

• TrekStar
                    Trek or Treat
                    • Jan 20, 2011

Originally posted by wise guy
                    The same people always shoot these down but they don't have to buy them. I buy way more FTC figures but most of my broken figures are Emce( Doc mego) . With all the
                    complaining about prices I do think some are too poor to buy toys so they make excuses.
                    I don't wan't DC 8 ''Megos with 2 necks, and tiny head, any more than large mushy head
                    like BSG ,and Pike. The Target wild goose chase is so 90's that it's sad how people
                    keep running around and can't find anything( and keep saying there not mad).If you think
                    that's OK wait till wave 2 when only Targets that sold out wave 1 might re order, good luck!
                    So if I or someone else complain about the price of a crappy or subpar quality of a figure,
                    I'm only saying it because I'm to poor to buy it? I find that pretty insulting.

Comment

• thunderbolt
                      Hi Ernie!!!
                      • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by tjacwave50
                      So if I or someone else complain about the price of a crappy or subpar quality of a figure,
                      I'm only saying it because I'm to poor to buy it? I find that pretty insulting.
                      I didn't even see that quote, and yeah pretty low and insulting. I'm just smart enough to not keep wasting money on crap figures in the hope that they might be ok, or FTC will improve if I "support the line". To imply that people complain because they can't afford them is just really crappy on the poster's part. FTC asks a premium price so I expect a premium product, most of the time they don't deliver.

Comment

• huedell
                        Museum Ball Eater
                        • Dec 31, 2003

66 Batman collection

[ATTACH=CONFIG]23528[/ATTACH]
                        I hate you for that Gordon!

Love that pic! Great collection!
                        "No. No no no no no no. You done got me talkin' politics. I didn't wanna'. Like I said y'all, I'm just happy to be alive. I think I'll scoot over here right by this winda', let this beautiful carriage rock me to sleep, and dream about how lucky I am." - Chris Mannix

Comment

• rlkrefft
                          Veteran Member
                          • Mar 14, 2010

The Batman '66 line is pretty great...my only complaints are as follows:

Too many silly variant versions such as Alfred as security guard, Batman and Robin tied to tables and the wave of Batman,Robin,Alfred and Penguin in bags. Yet variants that are actually cool like Jockey Penguin, Pasha Mad Hatter, Catwoman (Eartha) as Queen Bess, Eli's Mr. Freeze, Mayor Penguin, Elephant Gas Mask Riddler and Screen Test Batman are still MIA.

No Batmobile really stinks especially after the release of the great Batcave they just released. Even a '66 pimped Mego Batmobile would be nice.

The women in the line leave very little to be desired. Eartha is almost white, Batgirl is ugly as all hell with a cape that is 4 inches too long. All 3 (Catwomen, and Batgirl) have messy hair and Batgirl's hair is way too long and curly. All 3 also suffer from unplayable bodies that can't even be posed. I think these would have looked a bit better with non rooted hair too. Barbara Gordon is a perfect example of that, no messy hair. Imagine the other three in a nice realistic hairstyle that the actresses actually wore. The likeness just isn't there with the messy rooted hair.

Comment

• ODBJBG
                            Permanent Member
                            • May 15, 2009

There are a few quibbles with the Batman 66 line, but man, looking at that up above, it's not only hands down the most impressive Batman 66 toy line we've ever gotten (and let's be honest we'll EVER get) but it's also probably the nicest collection of any "Mego" line. Apes was nice, Trek was good, love me some WGSH, but FTC's 66 line is probably better than any of them. The quality on them, the depth of the line, the vast assortment of available things to collect.

It's really impressive when you sit back and really examine it.

Now if only we could all get that cool Gordon figure!

Comment

• Teemu
                              Persistent Member
                              • Dec 15, 2010

Originally posted by ODBJBG
                              There are a few quibbles with the Batman 66 line, but man, looking at that up above, it's not only hands down the most impressive Batman 66 toy line we've ever gotten (and let's be honest we'll EVER get) but it's also probably the nicest collection of any "Mego" line. Apes was nice, Trek was good, love me some WGSH, but FTC's 66 line is probably better than any of them. The quality on them, the depth of the line, the vast assortment of available things to collect.

It's really impressive when you sit back and really examine it.

Now if only we could all get that cool Gordon figure!
                              Well, I did have to upgrade all my 66 figures (with all new bodies,added custom accessories,extra paint apps, correct apparel pieces,etc) So,What you see in that picture is not exactly what you get from FTC....But, I had a blast fixing and trying to make this the best collection it can be because it deserved to be. That said, they are still good as they are.

Also,I agree that this is the best 66 Batman toy figure line ever made. Funko blew their chance to compete with their 4" figures that lasted only one wave, which funko is typically known for. The One wave wonder toy company

Comment

• TrekStar
                                Trek or Treat
                                • Jan 20, 2011

Well, I did have to upgrade all my 66 figures (with all new bodies,added custom accessories,extra paint apps, correct apparel pieces,etc) So,What you see in that picture is not exactly what you get from FTC....But, I had a blast fixing and trying to make this the best collection it can be because it deserved to be. That said, they are still good as they are.

Also,I agree that this is the best 66 Batman toy figure line ever made. Funko blew their chance to compete with their 4" figures that lasted only one wave, which funko is typically known for. The One wave wonder toy company
                                Your 66 collection is very cool, and I kind of figured you did some upgrading, which can be fun if your not spending
                                more money then you should to do it, did you consider restringing the FTC bodies instead of body transferring?

Either way you have a great 66 line up with the added bonus of Commish Gordon and False Face, Freze gun and umbrella.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎