Buying some TOYS? Use these nifty links to help support the Mego Museum!

Support the Museum! Buy toys!
ReMegos @ Entertainment Earth | Megos on eBay | Amazon USA | Amazon UK | Amazon Canada


Running the Museum isn't cheap, and we could use your help!

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 90

Thread: Some People Hate FTC

  1. #51
    Join Date
    Jun 23, 2001
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    8,277
    Images
    510
    Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonGhost View Post
    Last summer at Mego Meet, I picked up a loose Shame figure and frankly I was pretty impressed. The body is tight, it's not one of the thinner Kiss/Korak bodies, and holds a pose pretty good. It's the first one I had picked up in years.
    Batman '66 is a really good line. Like I said in my 1st post...75% of it was really good. The heads are still "huge". Although it looks like the Silver Swan figure from the extended Wonder Woman line was well done as far as the sculpt...the outfit just is a baggy mess. Almost bought one off of ebay the other day...but it would have been taken apart for a custom using that head. It really are the small details that they are still getting wrong. As long as that continues...I refuse to spend $30 on inferior product.
    "When not too many people can see we're all the same
    And because of all their tears,
    Their eyes can't hope to see
    The beauty that surrounds them
    Isn't it a pity".

    - "Isn't It A Pity"
    By George Harrison


    My Good Buyers/Sellers/Traders list:
    Good Traders List - Page 80 - Mego Talk

  2. #52
    Join Date
    Jun 23, 2001
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    8,277
    Images
    510
    Quote Originally Posted by enyawd72 View Post
    Here is the Exclusive Premiere Herman next to the CTVT Herman...

    Attachment 23527
    You're right and I was wrong. My apologies. The flip side was this...someone complained about the limited quantity of the new Mego Corp figures...I remember the Purple Jacket version of Herman being super limited...so it does cut both ways.
    "When not too many people can see we're all the same
    And because of all their tears,
    Their eyes can't hope to see
    The beauty that surrounds them
    Isn't it a pity".

    - "Isn't It A Pity"
    By George Harrison


    My Good Buyers/Sellers/Traders list:
    Good Traders List - Page 80 - Mego Talk

  3. #53
    Join Date
    Oct 1, 2009
    Location
    Jefferson, Ohio
    Posts
    6,325
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue Meanie View Post
    You're right and I was wrong. My apologies. The flip side was this...someone complained about the limited quantity of the new Mego Corp figures...I remember the Purple Jacket version of Herman being super limited...so it does cut both ways.
    It's all good. I really like the CTVT Munsters...they were the first ReMego figures I ever saw in the store and are the ones that got me back into Mego collecting. I had all the Herman variants. Brown suit, purple suit and Cowboy. The only bad body I had in the bunch was Lily. She had a cracked forearm at the wrist.

  4. #54
    Join Date
    Jul 18, 2002
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    2,618
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue Meanie View Post
    Batman '66 is a really good line. Like I said in my 1st post...75% of it was really good. The heads are still "huge". Although it looks like the Silver Swan figure from the extended Wonder Woman line was well done as far as the sculpt...the outfit just is a baggy mess. Almost bought one off of ebay the other day...but it would have been taken apart for a custom using that head. It really are the small details that they are still getting wrong. As long as that continues...I refuse to spend $30 on inferior product.
    I had only bought the Shame figure for customs. But yeah, the heads are big on '66, but it seems if you just stand them with other '66 figures, I guess t's not that noticeable. I haven't bought hardly any of their figures aside from Kiss.
    Expectation is the death of discovery.

  5. #55
    Join Date
    Jun 23, 2001
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    8,277
    Images
    510
    Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonGhost View Post
    I had only bought the Shame figure for customs. But yeah, the heads are big on '66, but it seems if you just stand them with other '66 figures, I guess t's not that noticeable. I haven't bought hardly any of their figures aside from Kiss.
    Only reason why I didn't get the Kiss figures is that I have a set made by Bryan (Boss) His customs were better than what FTC came out with in my opinion.
    "When not too many people can see we're all the same
    And because of all their tears,
    Their eyes can't hope to see
    The beauty that surrounds them
    Isn't it a pity".

    - "Isn't It A Pity"
    By George Harrison


    My Good Buyers/Sellers/Traders list:
    Good Traders List - Page 80 - Mego Talk

  6. #56
    Quote Originally Posted by Madcap70 View Post
    Wrong! When I order parts or need to send an item back (Which was only 3 times) never had a problem and when I order custom parts that are missing or damaged I take pictures and are nice and pleasant to them amazing how far that goes...
    How can you say it's wrong when it's my own personal experience?
    Discounting my experience is almost as bad as blindly criticizing the company.
    I never said I wasn't nice to them.
    And I never said I didn't like FTC.
    In fact, if you read my post I said I want to champion them.
    I'm still hoping for a great Black Canary whenever she gets released.
    I'm just more discretionary about how much I'll purchase from them going forward, as I've had multiple problems. Personally.

  7. #57
    Join Date
    Dec 15, 2010
    Posts
    1,691
    66 Batman collection

    100_8504.jpg

  8. #58
    Join Date
    Jun 15, 2009
    Location
    Warsaw, London
    Posts
    2,751
    I dont hate them, but find them over priced, and the quality being crap. Last two figures I bought , one leg fell off, and the other cant stand properly. I would love to collect the scooby figures, but not at that price and quality.

  9. #59
    Join Date
    Dec 4, 2017
    Posts
    165
    Quote Originally Posted by Mary Canary View Post
    How can you say it's wrong when it's my own personal experience?
    Discounting my experience is almost as bad as blindly criticizing the company.
    I never said I wasn't nice to them.
    And I never said I didn't like FTC.
    In fact, if you read my post I said I want to champion them.
    I'm still hoping for a great Black Canary whenever she gets released.
    I'm just more discretionary about how much I'll purchase from them going forward, as I've had multiple problems. Personally.
    The reason why Is said wrong is that I didn't have those and if most people wouldn't blow up at small things like this and be rational then it wouldn't be so bad..it seems like alot of people here do not buy like you and me and are hearing stories and complaints and are doing nothing but tossing gas on the fire even though they have only bought a couple of figures and think they have a say when they are not currently buying but still will complain like they do...I never understood people that ***** and moan about items when they don't but them anymore or never did....And act like other Re-Mego companies can do or NEVER did no wrong which is BS....

    Perfect example: I bought the Masters Of The Universe classics line since 2008 but have since stopped reasons? Distribution,QC,Price,Customer Service!!! And the secondary market prices were almost double...so I quit wasting my time and money with that line because it had more than three strikes against it...See when you make a line available to all in the beginning then **** on the fans that bought it since day one then you get where it is today a toy line that only certain people can collect....
    Last edited by Madcap70; Aug 11, '18 at 11:17 AM.

  10. #60
    Join Date
    Jul 10, 2012
    Location
    Western New York
    Posts
    1,208
    Quote Originally Posted by Lethalp View Post
    batgirl without a 2nd hole.

    You need pictures of the neck, underneath. I will try to post a picture of mine later.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •