Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Blue Meanie
    Banned
    • Jun 23, 2001

The fact of the matter is that FTC has the same issues they had 10 + years ago and have not addressed them...or have addressed them but the product is still inferior. If they would LISTEN to the buyers/collectors they would have fixed the problems...and they haven't. That's just a fact. Oh, and the re-issuing of the same figure over and over again is getting really old. Here is an easy list:

Fix the body issues
    Make a new female body
    get sculptors that know scale
    either get a new tailor/pattern maker or get a new plant to make the outfits in...because they don't fit the figures that they are issuing.

I implore Mego Corp to make new female bodies also. Not a fan of the new neck plug and it would be nice to see them go back to the old style...but if the new plug is as sturdy as the bodies...it's a non issue for me. Fix the 14 inch figure issues. Get wider distribution than just Target. That is hurt by Toys R Us closing shop...but it can be done.

Again...both companies have issues. FTC has been around for 10 + years and hasn't fixed any of the ones mentioned in those 10 + years.

Mego just came back and I can guarantee you Doc and Marty will "take care of it". Ready for wave 2 and more NEW figures

Comment

• enyawd72
      Maker of Monsters!
      • Oct 1, 2009

Originally posted by Blue Meanie
      The Munsters were re-casts of the premier line. Married with children had giant noggins and the worst bodies ever made. So I think I know that from which I speak of...but please enlighten me some more...
      I will. The Munsters were NOT recasts of the premiere line. I owned both at one time and had them displayed side by side. Totally different sculpts.

Comment

• Blue Meanie
        Banned
        • Jun 23, 2001

Originally posted by enyawd72
        I will. The Munsters were NOT recasts of the premiere line. I owned both at one time and had them displayed side by side. Totally different sculpts.
        If that's true then I apologize...still doesn't disprove that the bodies were and still are crap.

FTC supporters/collectors still think that it is hate that some of the Mego collectors have for the company...It's not hate. It's the simple fact that the company doesn't listen to the issues that some have with the line. Just like some of the posters here have issues with the new Mego Corp line. Mego Corp is new and didn't satisfy everyone right out of the gate. But you have to admit that their product is better than what FTC is doing now and they had a 10+ year jump on Mego Corp. And...it's half the price. FTC should be very concerned with which way the wind is starting to blow so to speak. Give the people better product at half the cost...and you may start losing some of your licenses when it comes time for renewal. Just sayin'

Comment

• enyawd72
          Maker of Monsters!
          • Oct 1, 2009

Here is the Exclusive Premiere Herman next to the CTVT Herman...

Munstercomp.jpg

Comment

• CrimsonGhost
            Often invisible
            • Jul 18, 2002

Originally posted by spockoda
            In your opinion, has the FTC stuff gotten better? I can't recall when the Kiss figures came out(2012?). They have made some stuff that presents well but the Kiss figures felt to me like if you shook them a little too much they might fall apart, imo. You are right, I feel like there are opinions and then there is down right disrespect.
            I know this was directed at someone else, but I think they have gotten better. I bought the first set of Kiss 8" and they were pretty floppy. Then the first album figures came out and they were even more floppy. I skipped the next bunch until Alive! and they were better. Tighter bodies, boots were pretty good, hair was rooted better. I have yet to pick up Destroyer but I did end up getting a loose Ace from Dynasty and it's not bad, not as floppy, boots are crazy gigantic.

Last summer at Mego Meet, I picked up a loose Shame figure and frankly I was pretty impressed. The body is tight, it's not one of the thinner Kiss/Korak bodies, and holds a pose pretty good. It's the first one I had picked up in years.

I actually haven't seen many new figures announced or come out with gigantic heads recently. They seem to be able to control that finally.... I guess anyway. I could be totally wrong.
            Expectation is the death of discovery.

Comment

• Blue Meanie
              Banned
              • Jun 23, 2001

Originally posted by CrimsonGhost
              Last summer at Mego Meet, I picked up a loose Shame figure and frankly I was pretty impressed. The body is tight, it's not one of the thinner Kiss/Korak bodies, and holds a pose pretty good. It's the first one I had picked up in years.
              Batman '66 is a really good line. Like I said in my 1st post...75% of it was really good. The heads are still "huge". Although it looks like the Silver Swan figure from the extended Wonder Woman line was well done as far as the sculpt...the outfit just is a baggy mess. Almost bought one off of ebay the other day...but it would have been taken apart for a custom using that head. It really are the small details that they are still getting wrong. As long as that continues...I refuse to spend $30 on inferior product.

Comment

• Blue Meanie
                Banned
                • Jun 23, 2001

Originally posted by enyawd72
                Here is the Exclusive Premiere Herman next to the CTVT Herman...

[ATTACH=CONFIG]23527[/ATTACH]
                You're right and I was wrong. My apologies. The flip side was this...someone complained about the limited quantity of the new Mego Corp figures...I remember the Purple Jacket version of Herman being super limited...so it does cut both ways.

Comment

• enyawd72
                  Maker of Monsters!
                  • Oct 1, 2009

You're right and I was wrong. My apologies. The flip side was this...someone complained about the limited quantity of the new Mego Corp figures...I remember the Purple Jacket version of Herman being super limited...so it does cut both ways.
                  It's all good. I really like the CTVT Munsters...they were the first ReMego figures I ever saw in the store and are the ones that got me back into Mego collecting. I had all the Herman variants. Brown suit, purple suit and Cowboy. The only bad body I had in the bunch was Lily. She had a cracked forearm at the wrist.

Comment

• CrimsonGhost
                    Often invisible
                    • Jul 18, 2002

Batman '66 is a really good line. Like I said in my 1st post...75% of it was really good. The heads are still "huge". Although it looks like the Silver Swan figure from the extended Wonder Woman line was well done as far as the sculpt...the outfit just is a baggy mess. Almost bought one off of ebay the other day...but it would have been taken apart for a custom using that head. It really are the small details that they are still getting wrong. As long as that continues...I refuse to spend $30 on inferior product.
                    I had only bought the Shame figure for customs. But yeah, the heads are big on '66, but it seems if you just stand them with other '66 figures, I guess t's not that noticeable. I haven't bought hardly any of their figures aside from Kiss.
                    Expectation is the death of discovery.

Comment

• Blue Meanie
                      Banned
                      • Jun 23, 2001

Originally posted by CrimsonGhost
                      I had only bought the Shame figure for customs. But yeah, the heads are big on '66, but it seems if you just stand them with other '66 figures, I guess t's not that noticeable. I haven't bought hardly any of their figures aside from Kiss.
                      Only reason why I didn't get the Kiss figures is that I have a set made by Bryan (Boss) His customs were better than what FTC came out with in my opinion.

Comment

• Mary Canary
                        Career Member
                        • Jun 21, 2017

Originally posted by Madcap70
                        Wrong! When I order parts or need to send an item back (Which was only 3 times) never had a problem and when I order custom parts that are missing or damaged I take pictures and are nice and pleasant to them amazing how far that goes...
                        How can you say it's wrong when it's my own personal experience?
                        Discounting my experience is almost as bad as blindly criticizing the company.
                        I never said I wasn't nice to them.
                        And I never said I didn't like FTC.
                        In fact, if you read my post I said I want to champion them.
                        I'm still hoping for a great Black Canary whenever she gets released.
                        I'm just more discretionary about how much I'll purchase from them going forward, as I've had multiple problems. Personally.

Comment

• Teemu
                          Persistent Member
                          • Dec 15, 2010

66 Batman collection

100_8504.jpg

Comment

• alex
                            Permanent Member
                            • Jun 15, 2009

I dont hate them, but find them over priced, and the quality being crap. Last two figures I bought , one leg fell off, and the other cant stand properly. I would love to collect the scooby figures, but not at that price and quality.

Comment

• Madcap70
                              • Dec 4, 2017

Originally posted by Mary Canary
                              How can you say it's wrong when it's my own personal experience?
                              Discounting my experience is almost as bad as blindly criticizing the company.
                              I never said I wasn't nice to them.
                              And I never said I didn't like FTC.
                              In fact, if you read my post I said I want to champion them.
                              I'm still hoping for a great Black Canary whenever she gets released.
                              I'm just more discretionary about how much I'll purchase from them going forward, as I've had multiple problems. Personally.
                              The reason why Is said wrong is that I didn't have those and if most people wouldn't blow up at small things like this and be rational then it wouldn't be so bad..it seems like alot of people here do not buy like you and me and are hearing stories and complaints and are doing nothing but tossing gas on the fire even though they have only bought a couple of figures and think they have a say when they are not currently buying but still will complain like they do...I never understood people that ***** and moan about items when they don't but them anymore or never did....And act like other Re-Mego companies can do or NEVER did no wrong which is BS....

Perfect example: I bought the Masters Of The Universe classics line since 2008 but have since stopped reasons? Distribution,QC,Price,Customer Service!!! And the secondary market prices were almost double...so I quit wasting my time and money with that line because it had more than three strikes against it...See when you make a line available to all in the beginning then **** on the fans that bought it since day one then you get where it is today a toy line that only certain people can collect....
                              Last edited by Madcap70; Aug 11, '18, 11:17 AM.

Comment

• TRDouble
                                Permanent Member
                                • Jul 10, 2012

Originally posted by Lethalp
                                batgirl without a 2nd hole.

You need pictures of the neck, underneath. I will try to post a picture of mine later.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎