Page 1 of 9 1236 ... LastLast

Thread: Point out errors...

Heart Point out errors...

I've started a lot of threads about figures with factory flaws and packaging with mistakes. This is not to belittle what Mego is doing, it's because I find them fascinating and would love to own all of them. I have bought a Sulu that was missing his number sticker, on accident. I didn't notice until I had it for a few days. I just got the one with the best looking collar. So that's super cool. There is a photo of Chekov without inner tray on a lot of ebay listings, but it's a stock photo. It must have been an early test packaging attempt. Slightly different from the retail release. So, don't think I'm bashing Mego, because I'm posting out of love and amusement.

It also sucks, because now I feel like I need to super examine every Mego figure I see at Target from now on!

Images
    My Jimi didn't come on a tray. I mean my Hendrix didn't.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by LonnieFisher View Post
    It also sucks, because now I feel like I need to super examine every Mego figure I see at Target from now on!
    Are you saying you wouldn't have enjoyed doing that anyway?

--SKot
    Look what happens when you aren't allowed to play with "dolls"...

WANTED: partly-unsealed or bubble-damaged carded Romulan + unbroken plant trap from Mission to Gamma VI

Images
    I wasn't going to say anything, but I noticed the star on WW's headband often doesn't look centered.

Images
    I've started a lot of threads about figures with factory flaws and packaging with mistakes. This is not to belittle what Mego is doing, it's because I find them fascinating and would love to own all of them. I have bought a Sulu that was missing his number sticker, on accident. I didn't notice until I had it for a few days. I just got the one with the best looking collar. So that's super cool. There is a photo of Chekov without inner tray on a lot of ebay listings, but it's a stock photo. It must have been an early test packaging attempt. Slightly different from the retail release. So, don't think I'm bashing Mego, because I'm posting out of love and amusement.
    I like the unpainted-mouth Dracula version. It shows how nicely sculpted it is under all the paint!

Quote Originally Posted by SKotK View Post
    Are you saying you wouldn't have enjoyed doing that anyway?

--SKot
    Of course I want to, but now I feel pressured into it. But you know what, it paid off, kind of. I found a stickerless Jeannie set today. So I took a picture of it in the store so it's got some providence. I found out I had a stickerless Sulu days after I bought it. I was checking because I saw an ebay auction where one was missing the numbers on the sticker and wondered if I got one of those.

Images
    i passed on a nice card sulu that was missing the tricorder to get a complete fig with slightly worse package
    kinda wish i bought both
    Last edited by k2; Aug 7, '18 at 10:13 PM.

Should of grabbed the two Dracula's next to it or at least one and leave the other for someone else.
    I only say this because depending on how bad I want something, I would buy 2 and open one and
    leave the other as is.