Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mike69
    Museum Super Collector
    • May 4, 2011

I can only remember that I had as a kid. It was Batman Robin meets Man-bat. I listened to it all the time. I wish I still had it!!
    Last edited by mike69; Aug 8, '18, 9:52 PM.

Comment

• comicmike
      Persistent Member
      • Sep 22, 2009

Originally posted by Hedji
      Thanks, buddy! I really appreciate that. Labor of love...Interesting trivia, in one of the Star Trek stories , they used a small bit of Jerry Goldsmith's Planet of the Apes score. I'm sure it was unlicensed and done under the radar, but it's there...Skip to 5:45:

Hey,that's cool. I think I hear some similar tones in some of the debut music of the Batman stuff,but that one's definitely more pronounced. Great ear!

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
        Verbose Member
        • Mar 7, 2004

Wow, impressive collection Hedji!

Chris
        sigpic

Comment

• Hedji
          Citizen of Gotham
          • Nov 17, 2012

Thanks, Chris! I haven't really been aggressively collecting them since about 15 years ago. So there are lots of holes in my collection, and I'm far from complete, but I haven't had that lightning bolt of urgency to pursue the ones I'm missing. Maybe one day.

Words can't describe taking your favorite childhood record, filled with scratches and skips, tears in the jacket, marker and scribbles all over it... and then finding a sealed copy and playing it for the first time. Hearing dialogue that used to have skips in it, crystal clear on a modern turntable. To me, they were so ambitious, never talked down to kids (just the opposite), and the talent involved was clear to see in the final product.

Comment

• huedell
            Museum Ball Eater
            • Dec 31, 2003

I had Trek "Cries" and Batman "Cards".

Man, do they bring out the nostalgia in me when I listen to them today! I musta listened to them a billion times back then.

Cries is interesting because I always saw similar motifs in the big fourth Trek movie, and always wondered if anyone else felt that way (maybe I've said this before on this very site and forgot how people replied).

Cards was interesting because it attempted to take a comicbook approach with a measured "West" comedic approach peppered in. Also there was a notably more advanced vocabulary and writing style in Cards than in Cries which is funny when you consider Trek is the "nerdier" of the two franchises.

Heck, I just NOW noticed that even the "Cards" title itself seems to contain a double-meaning. Crazy.
            "No. No no no no no no. You done got me talkin' politics. I didn't wanna'. Like I said y'all, I'm just happy to be alive. I think I'll scoot over here right by this winda', let this beautiful carriage rock me to sleep, and dream about how lucky I am." - Chris Mannix

Comment

• HardyGirl
              Mego Museum's Poster Girl
              • Apr 3, 2007

Yep, check out my old thread on this topic:

Just to see how many I had, I spread all of my Power/Peter Pan records on my toyroom floor so I could count them. (I keep all my kiddie records in the toyroom). Grand total, 44! This consists of G.I. Joe Adventure Team, Star Trek, SMDM, POTA, Superman, Batman, Spider-Man, Wonder Woman, Gemini Man, cartoon faves like Archie,
              "Do you believe, you believe in magic?
              'Cos I believe, I believe that I do,
              Yes, I can see I believe that it's magic
              If your mission is magic your love will shine true."

Comment

• spockoda
                Museum Super Collector
                • Jan 14, 2018

I still have a couple of the Star Trek ones from my childhood, made CD's out of them. These "radio play" type of things are everyone's thing but I think they are kind of cool. You have to use your imagination a little bit. It's interesting listening to the voice actors try to imitate Shatner, Nimoy, etc.

Comment

• glimpy
                  Loco Chango
                  • Feb 5, 2012

Originally posted by HardyGirl
                  Yep, check out my old thread on this topic:

http://megomuseum.com/community/show...=Power+records
                  You beat me to the punch Hardy girl. Do you have any Leif Garrett records? You know he was on the show Wonder Woman and chips right? I know you liked Rick Springfield he was on the incredible Hulk. I just have this feeling you have a lot of records and albums from the early 70s.
                  sigpic

Comment

• Hedji
                    Citizen of Gotham
                    • Nov 17, 2012

Here's a couple oddities I forgot I have:

I can't remember where exactly I got them. Probably eBay decades ago. Sound quality on these is better than the vinyl. I was able to digitize them and get excellent rips from them. I have no idea how many of their titles made it to cassette, but I thought these were pretty nifty.

Comment

• Mr.Marion
                      Permanent Member
                      • Sep 15, 2014

Superman homepage has all the Superman records available for download. I got a kick out of Mystery of the Mad Minnows because the baddie's name is Bryan Sanders (a friend I grew up with) I think I'm going to listen to a new Power record each day.

Comment

• Mr.Marion
                        Permanent Member
                        • Sep 15, 2014

"Well Toby, still want to be bionic?"

"Well Toby, still want to be bionic?" "You bet! I saw the way you mopped up those guys. If I could do that there wouldn't be a kid in town that could make me...

Comment

• palitoy
                          live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                          • Jun 16, 2001

I have stacks of them in my dining room, my family and I put them on for Sunday dinners.

My favourite will also be the GI Joe adventure team sets followed by Star Trek. I buy any and all i run into.
                          Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                          http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• Brown Bear
                            Still Old School
                            • Feb 14, 2008

For me nothing beats "Mark of the Manwolf". I know it word for word almost.

I've burned several of these to CD and listen to them in my car, which makes me kind of weird I'm sure.
                            Check out my website: Megozine Covers - Home

Comment

• comicmike
                              Persistent Member
                              • Sep 22, 2009

Originally posted by Brown Bear
                              For me nothing beats "Mark of the Manwolf". I know it word for word almost.

I've burned several of these to CD and listen to them in my car, which makes me kind of weird I'm sure.
                              ...makes you decidedly pretty cool!

Comment

• Spawn67
                                Career Member
                                • Aug 14, 2009

Hey gang I have a great Power records story I thought I would share with you. So when I was about 5 my mom got me several power records which I have held on to dearly my entire life. A couple months ago I got my Conan power records signed by Neil Adams! Im a huge Conan collector and fan and this was my first introduction to the charecter. When I showed it to him he seemed kinda shocked and told me he doesn't ever think he signed on of these and told me the story of it. Its a grail piece for me that I shall cherish!
                                (PS-My mom also got me the infamous Man Thing Power record. What she was thinking by giving me the story of a suicidal clown at the age of 5 still makes me wonder....)

175.jpg

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎