Buying some TOYS? Use these nifty links to help support the Mego Museum!

Support the Museum! Buy toys!
ReMegos @ Entertainment Earth | Megos on eBay | Amazon USA | Amazon UK | Amazon Canada

Running the Museum isn't cheap, and we could use your help!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mattel Batmobile Teardown

Images
    Blog Entries
    I bought one on TRU clearance with the intentions of doing the same thing. The only thing I am doing differently is I am adding larger wheels to make the car a little taller. I know it's off scale, but so is almost every other vehicle I've ever used with Mego. Now that I see yours, I might play with the windshield too.

Images
    Pretty cool!

Images
    I'll tell you what....It does look waaaay better then the original Mego version.

Some other things I'm thinking. Use longer bolts to hold the top and bottom shell together...with a quarter to half inch thick spacer all the way around. Drop the seating compartment down a quarter inch so it rides slightly lower. Lose the seat cushions on the bottom and replace with flat floor panels and decals of the seat bottoms. Just a few ideas that work independently and can get them lower into the canopy.

Thanks Ivaniski. Warm and fuzzy mego karma back at ya.

I think it looks awesome, and very appropriate for the 66 FTC figures, just as the original was appropriate for the Mego figures. Some toys just ought to look like toys, not replicas. Great job!
    SELL ME YOUR LOOSE MINTY WONDER WOMAN!

I do like it, and agree that it is appropriate for the 66 line, and if you have 66 Penguin, King Tut and Riddler, they can
    all take their turns driving it around since they had stolen it on the series, I think maybe one or two more arch criminals
    swiped the Batmobile on the series but can't remember who? and don't forget Alfred too.

Images
    I really like that car!!!
    great job, brother!!!

Images
    I really like what you have done with these modifications. It is completely Megoesque but with far greater detail and it doesn't look like you touched it at all- great skills. As to some comments-take it for what it is worth to you, you have made something you are proud enough of to share with others. Thanks

That was kind of my goal. The car looked amazing it just didn't work for Megos. So I changed as little as possible and really only what was totally necessary.