• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • smonte00
    Veteran Member
    • Aug 19, 2005

Wanted 3 3/4 GI Joe parts

Hi all,
    My son and I came across my old 80s 3 3/4 Joes (mostly ‘82-‘86 waves) and I thought it’d be a nice project to restore them together. You know, replace o-rings, rusted screws, etc. We got started, but now I find myself wanting for a parts bin like I have for my Megos. I was wondering if any body here might have a bunch of broken Joes laying around that they’d be willing to part with at a fair price. I know it’s not Mego, but my guess is a lot of us collect or have collected other lines like the small Joes. I guess just PM me if you are able to help me out.

Thanks,
    Steve
  • generic
    Persistent Member
    • Jun 25, 2009

I just sent a couple of text messages to two of my friends to see if either of them have a bag of 3 3/4" GI Joe body parts or something like that available. I have a handful of 3 3/4" figures (maybe 6 to 12?) and a few accessories (backpacks and such) available, but I don't think I have any broken 3 3/4" figures.
    Nostalgia just ain’t what it used to be.

Comment

• smonte00
      Veteran Member
      • Aug 19, 2005

Thanks so much for checking. Parts/accessories and incomplete figures are what we’re looking for. Do you have a picture of the ones you have?

Comment

• generic
        Persistent Member
        • Jun 25, 2009

I just rounded up the ones that I have. It's mostly just figures and not many accessories, but let me know if you're interested.

DSCN3021.jpg

Comment

• smonte00
          Veteran Member
          • Aug 19, 2005

I really appreciate you taking the time, but I’m looking for the earlier stuff from the first 4-5 waves.

Thanks,
          Steve

Comment

• generic
            Persistent Member
            • Jun 25, 2009

Ok, that's cool. I don't know a lot about the 3 3/4" stuff.

Comment

• Paladin
              • Oct 26, 2015

Hey ,
              There's a guy named Brian I've delt with many times over the years. He sells a boatload of Joe's.
              Just search forcefull1's cheap Joe's. He sells fodder figures for like a buck, and you may be able to cut a deal for gallon zip lock bags of parts in bulk.

Comment

• smonte00
                Veteran Member
                • Aug 19, 2005

Thanks. I’ll check it out.

Comment

• Myoldtoys
                  Veteran Member
                  • May 15, 2012

Be careful opening and putting those Joe's back together. That plastic can be super brittle. I had a few where the screw destroyed the plastic, and they wouldn't go back together again. Then had to find replacement parts. Another fun project though.

Comment

• Myoldtoys
                    Veteran Member
                    • May 15, 2012

In addition to replacing the o-rings in mine, I also found replacement arms for the ones that had broken thumbs. I would help you out with parts, but all I have left are the broken parts that I replaced.

Comment

• Paladin
                      • Oct 26, 2015

Oldtoys is completely correct...it's mostly the lighter colored plastic and the gold color. If you need any help at all with them...repair, identify etc...feel free to hit me up. I was an avid collector of that line and am currently cutting down to just mego. If you'd be interested, I still have some items I plan on selling off, but I'd trade for some if the megos I'm after as well.
                      Good luck to you two.

Comment

Working...
                      😀
                      🥰
                      🤢
                      😎
                      😡
                      👍
                      👎