Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 3 3/4 GI Joe parts

Images

3 3/4 GI Joe parts

Hi all,
    My son and I came across my old 80s 3 3/4 Joes (mostly 82-86 waves) and I thought itd be a nice project to restore them together. You know, replace o-rings, rusted screws, etc. We got started, but now I find myself wanting for a parts bin like I have for my Megos. I was wondering if any body here might have a bunch of broken Joes laying around that theyd be willing to part with at a fair price. I know its not Mego, but my guess is a lot of us collect or have collected other lines like the small Joes. I guess just PM me if you are able to help me out.

Thanks,
    Steve

Images
    I just sent a couple of text messages to two of my friends to see if either of them have a bag of 3 3/4" GI Joe body parts or something like that available. I have a handful of 3 3/4" figures (maybe 6 to 12?) and a few accessories (backpacks and such) available, but I don't think I have any broken 3 3/4" figures.
    Nostalgia just aint what it used to be.

Images
    Thanks so much for checking. Parts/accessories and incomplete figures are what were looking for. Do you have a picture of the ones you have?

Images
    I just rounded up the ones that I have. It's mostly just figures and not many accessories, but let me know if you're interested.

DSCN3021.jpg

Images
    I really appreciate you taking the time, but Im looking for the earlier stuff from the first 4-5 waves.

Thanks,
    Steve

Images
    Ok, that's cool. I don't know a lot about the 3 3/4" stuff.

Images
    Hey ,
    There's a guy named Brian I've delt with many times over the years. He sells a boatload of Joe's.
    Just search forcefull1's cheap Joe's. He sells fodder figures for like a buck, and you may be able to cut a deal for gallon zip lock bags of parts in bulk.

Images
    Thanks. Ill check it out.

Images
    Be careful opening and putting those Joe's back together. That plastic can be super brittle. I had a few where the screw destroyed the plastic, and they wouldn't go back together again. Then had to find replacement parts. Another fun project though.

Images
    In addition to replacing the o-rings in mine, I also found replacement arms for the ones that had broken thumbs. I would help you out with parts, but all I have left are the broken parts that I replaced.