Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • spockoda
    Museum Super Collector
    • Jan 14, 2018

I'm 47 years young and the first live action television show I fell for was Star Trek when I was very young. So it was perfect timing that the first action figures I ever had were the Trek Megos. Back then they were the greatest thing I had ever seen. My folks had to buy me about three sets of the figures because I played so much with them I would break them. I have a foggy memory of my family on vacation finding some Trek Megos on clearance at a Mom & Pop toy store for 88 cents each. Including the second series aliens as well. So for me, although these were already re-made by Emce a few years back, this is really bizarre to see the old Mego name back on these same type of Trek figures. It's almost like a "come full circle" type of experience. It's hard to say how these Megos will go over in the long term but I would have to award "Toy Of The Year" to the Mego Corporation for bringing these back to retail, for as long as it may last.

Comment

• Mr.Marion
      Permanent Member
      • Sep 15, 2014

Love that megos are an experience that you and your dad can bond over. I can relate I'm younger than most of the members here (31) and I first found out about megos in the 90's because my Grandpa was a toy dealer.

Comment

• WannabeMego
        Made in the USA
        • May 2, 2003

Originally posted by noelani72
        and that folks, is why I call him The Boy.

He is much wiser than his ole man. Love ya son. Now go make me a Mego.
        Still floors me how much time has past...Ya done Good Chad...and The Meet & these Forums wouldn't be the same without y'all
        Everyone is Entitled to MY Opinion...Your's, not so much!

Comment

• spockoda
          Museum Super Collector
          • Jan 14, 2018

Originally posted by Mr.Marion
          Love that megos are an experience that you and your dad can bond over. I can relate I'm younger than most of the members here (31) and I first found out about megos in the 90's because my Grandpa was a toy dealer.
          Yeah, every once in a while when I visit my folks and anything Star Trek comes up normally the conversation goes to the old Mego Trek dolls.

Comment

Working...
          😀
          🥰
          🤢
          😎
          😡
          👍
          👎