Buying some TOYS? Use these nifty links to help support the Mego Museum!

Support the Museum! Buy toys!
ReMegos @ Entertainment Earth | Megos on eBay | Amazon USA | Amazon UK | Amazon Canada

Running the Museum isn't cheap, and we could use your help!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My Mego Experience

and that folks, is why I call him The Boy.

He is much wiser than his ole man. Love ya son. Now go make me a Mego.

Images
    Yeah, Bud & Lou are killing me. The ultimate Halloween display pieces.

Great story, and like many others I enjoyed seeing your Abbott and Costello meet Frankenstein customs,
    and now you have a Bela Dracula to add with those customs, so hopefully new mego will come out with Chaney Jr
    Wolfman and Frankenstein's monster, and you'll have your own A & C meet Frankenstein adventures, although Franky
    might be the Karloff version and not Glenn Strange, but I doubt you would care.

Images
    Very well said, Legend of Link. Keep the faith and good for you and your Dad.

Hope to meet up with you one year at Mego Meet.

Corny POTA
    Cornelius POTA MEGO of the Planet Of The Apes
    Cornelius is home.
    I'm in a groove and on the move collecting Mego POTA figures. PM me anytime.

Quote Originally Posted by Legend of Link View Post
    Its 1 am as I write this, so please cut me some slack.

I've remained silent throughout the relaunching of Mego, and it's unfortunate to see how badly its being portrayed by some. Personally, i could not wait to go to our local Target and buy my "first Megos", and I am very grateful i was able to do so. Thank you Mego for gifting me that experience.

Let me set the scene:

I am a 23 year old male; I've played with toys, I collect toys, and I make toys. I'm sitting at my workstation working on a custom, surrounded my customs I've purchased, and new Megos I recently bought. (what a time to be alive )

I did not grow up in the era of Mego, let alone know what one was when i was younger. It wasn't until an unfortunate accident fell upon me that I was gifted Megos and other Mego like toys from people on this very board as a "get well soon package" through the communication of my father. From that point, I did not know how much my life would change. Sure more toys came out, some were more exciting than these dolls, not to mention videos games were on a steep rise, but, no matter what, Megos were there. Fast forward a little from then, Dad and I go on our first Mego Meet. We were both out of our element, driving hours to spend time with people whom he had only communicated with over the internet in a dingy basement of a museum in a random West Virginia town( I guess a golden rule of parenting is : if you're gonna meet strangers from the internet, bring your kid. Thanks Dad ).

That was another major change in my life I hadn't fully grasped the importance of until now, reflecting back.

Fast Forward to right now. I have made many close, dear friends because of this forum and mostly, because of Mego. To Mego, I am eternally grateful that I was able to experience the magic of this toy line. Without it, I wouldn't not be as creative as I am, nor as passionate with toys.

That's why it pains me to see all the negativity surrounding the new release. If anyone gives this post the time of day to read, do me a favor: Please reflect with yourself why Mego is important to you. Look back at how Mego influenced you, or impacted your life. Feel free to share also, I would love to read everyone's story.

Have I ever seen an episode of Charmed or Cheers? Nope. Do I care to own an Alice action figure? Meh. But with 100% of my being, I will continue to buy them so I know I'm doing my part to help Mego like they've helped me. We are Mego.

-The Boy
    How dare you have a Wilber and Chick! Is there no justice in the Mego world?

I'm 47 years young and the first live action television show I fell for was Star Trek when I was very young. So it was perfect timing that the first action figures I ever had were the Trek Megos. Back then they were the greatest thing I had ever seen. My folks had to buy me about three sets of the figures because I played so much with them I would break them. I have a foggy memory of my family on vacation finding some Trek Megos on clearance at a Mom & Pop toy store for 88 cents each. Including the second series aliens as well. So for me, although these were already re-made by Emce a few years back, this is really bizarre to see the old Mego name back on these same type of Trek figures. It's almost like a "come full circle" type of experience. It's hard to say how these Megos will go over in the long term but I would have to award "Toy Of The Year" to the Mego Corporation for bringing these back to retail, for as long as it may last.

Images
    Love that megos are an experience that you and your dad can bond over. I can relate I'm younger than most of the members here (31) and I first found out about megos in the 90's because my Grandpa was a toy dealer.

Images
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by noelani72 View Post
    and that folks, is why I call him The Boy.

He is much wiser than his ole man. Love ya son. Now go make me a Mego.
    Still floors me how much time has past...Ya done Good Chad...and The Meet & these Forums wouldn't be the same without y'all
    Everyone is Entitled to MY Opinion...Your's, not so much!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Marion View Post
    Love that megos are an experience that you and your dad can bond over. I can relate I'm younger than most of the members here (31) and I first found out about megos in the 90's because my Grandpa was a toy dealer.
    Yeah, every once in a while when I visit my folks and anything Star Trek comes up normally the conversation goes to the old Mego Trek dolls.