• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ivaniski
    Persistent Member
    • Jun 24, 2007

Need Advice on New Superheroes...

Hi Guys,

I'm working on some new DC and Marvel custom Superheroes, and I would like to get your advise on the best route to go with these customs. I'm trying to replicate the 80's and 90's style comics as close as possible...without losing the Mego feel. Incidentally, I'm also running a contest. Whoever can guess the identity of the Bruce Wayne head i'm using...I will mail out (to the winner) a free Re-strung action figure by me. Now if many people guess the right head (identity), I will put all the right answers (members names) in a bag and let my son select one name from the bag. This contest is absolutely free and I'll pay for the shipping to the chosen winners' home (contest will run until this Friday August 10, 2018, there could be only one winner, I'll announce the winner on 8/10/18). PM me or Answer via the thread.

OK, Mego Museum. Here's my new Batman that's a work in progress (I'm currently prepping and painting the other hand), Whose head is under the cowl and what else do you guys think he needs, or is he fine as is. GOOD LUCK TO ALL!!!

Last edited by Ivaniski; Aug 4, '18, 11:38 PM.
  • Starroid Raiders Dagon
    Persistent Member
    • Apr 28, 2013

I love that Batman. I have no idea who is under the mask, though. Looks like it could be a repainted Scotty from the Star Trek line?

Comment

• The Bat
      Batman Fanatic
      • Jul 14, 2002

Nice Batman! The picture is so small it's hard to tell who is under that cowl...but it looks like Shazam.
      sigpic

Comment

• Capt_Kirk
        Career Member
        • Nov 22, 2011

Originally posted by Ivaniski
        Hi Guys,

I'm working on some new DC and Marvel custom Superheroes, and I would like to get your advise on the best route to go with these customs. I'm trying to replicate the 80's and 90's style comics as close as possible...without losing the Mego feel. Incidentally, I'm also running a contest. Whoever can guess the identity of the Bruce Wayne head i'm using...I will mail out (to the winner) a free Re-strung action figure by me. Now if many people guess the right head (identity), I will put all the right answers (members names) in a bag and let my son select one name from the bag. This contest is absolutely free and I'll pay for the shipping to the chosen winners' home (contest will run until this Friday August 10, 2018, there could be only one winner, I'll announce the winner on 8/10/18). PM me or Answer via the thread.

OK, Mego Museum. Here's my new Batman that's a work in progress (I'm currently prepping and painting the other hand), Whose head is under the cowl and what else do you guys think he needs, or is he fine as is. GOOD LUCK TO ALL!!!

I don't suppose we can get a closer pic with a better angle could we? I wouldn't know my Wife from this angle or resolution. just sayin
        "May fortune favor the foolish"

Comment

• Ivaniski
          Persistent Member
          • Jun 24, 2007

LOL....You're right. Here's a close up pic. Who's under the cowl?

Last edited by Ivaniski; Aug 8, '18, 5:15 PM.

Comment

• comicmike
            Persistent Member
            • Sep 22, 2009

I'm pretty sure that's Shazam / Peter Parker. I looked back at your video again this afternoon to study it with pausing the frames. Happy to see the larger pics.

http://megomuseum.com/community/showthread.php?117628-Re-Stringing-Doc-Mego-bodies

Comment

• Mego Milk
              Custom Mego Maker
              • Jun 3, 2007

wow. the white eyes make a big difference.
              looking good.

Comment

• Ivaniski
                Persistent Member
                • Jun 24, 2007

Thanks Guys, This Friday I'll reveal who's under the cowl and who will win the re-strung action figure by yours truly (by guessing my new take on Bruce Wayne) .

Comment

• TrekStar
                  Trek or Treat
                  • Jan 20, 2011

This is a very cool looking colorful figure, thanks for posting and I am guessing it's Shazam under the cowl also.

Comment

• Capt_Kirk
                    Career Member
                    • Nov 22, 2011

After careful close inspection of the Batman. I'm going to guess it's Bruce Wayne. I think Batman is really Bruce Wayne, Billionaire, Playboy.

All kidding aside. I'm going with Mr. Fantastic for the win. Is Mr. Fantastic from Fantastic 4 the head used?
                    "We'll find out Friday, Same Bat-Time, Same Bat-Channel"

Comment

• Capt_Kirk
                      Career Member
                      • Nov 22, 2011

This is fun. We need to have a contest like this once a month! or a raffle. What fun!!!

Comment

• Ivaniski
                        Persistent Member
                        • Jun 24, 2007

Originally posted by Capt_Kirk
                        This is fun. We need to have a contest like this once a month! or a raffle. What fun!!!
                        Agreed!!! To all the individuals involved in this (free) mini-contest, I'll reveal tomorrow evening the secret of Batman's identity. If for any reason multiple Mego Museum members had the correct answer...I would put their names in a bag (via a folded card)...shake it well and let my son pull out the winning card (Member name). The winner shall receive a nice action figure gift re-strung by me. "GOOD LUCK TO ALL".

Comment

• ZombieJimC
                          Persistent Member
                          • Mar 12, 2014

Peter Burke

Comment

• Ivaniski
                            Persistent Member
                            • Jun 24, 2007

Hurry Guys,.....This thing is streaming live. Batman is about to remove his cowl in a few minutes!!!

Someone has interfered with the Live feed. It's the Joker........The Joker has interfered with the Live stream. We'll switch to mainstream pictures.
                            Last edited by Ivaniski; Aug 10, '18, 11:05 PM.

Comment

• Ivaniski
                              Persistent Member
                              • Jun 24, 2007

We're getting so close to the unveiling of the Batman Cowl. Just want to take the time to thank all those who participated in the mini-contest (We'll do this again soon).

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎