Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: HELP!!! My GI JOE Needs Repair!

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by RonnyG View Post
    I'll be damned! It worked! Thanks! I used the small blade on my fingernail clippers and the nose pliers! Now on to step 2.
    Glad it worked! Now I must admit I'm going to need to see a picture of your "nose pliers".

I'm not sure I'm familiar with that item.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by drquest View Post
    Glad it worked! Now I must admit I'm going to need to see a picture of your "nose pliers".

I'm not sure I'm familiar with that item.
    Ha ha. At first I thought, ouch!, and then eww, clean them first. (I know he means needle nose pliers.)

Images
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by KOMonger View Post
    I have several KO figures that could use re-riveting of their knees or feet, come to think of it maybe even a Captain Action or two. Any recommendations for one or will they pretty much work the same?

Edit: I've looked into these before and just took a quick look again. It's difficult to determine what's appropriate for our use by looking at these. I don't want to get anything larger than what I would use it for.
    I ordered mine off of ebay (Pony brand) and it was expensive. I had to choose a die set with it that fit the rivets I was using. but I still think it has some versatility for the repairs you describe. My press is 5.5" by 5", perfect IMO for Joes and T1 Megos.
    WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; POTA Fortress signal-flasher--top mirrored portion or mirror sticker; POTA Forbidden Zone prison doors, walls, bar; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Images
    When you suggested needle nose pliers, I thought you were talking about a nose hair tweezer! lol I mean eyebrow tweezer! lol
    I don't own a needle nose plier. I grabbed the neck post with the nose tweezers and pulled it out that way. Luckily, I didn't cause any damage.
    Oh boy, I think I'm in trouble going forward. lol
    Last edited by RonnyG; Aug 4, '18 at 5:19 PM.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by RonnyG View Post
    When you suggested needle nose pliers, I thought you were talking about a nose hair tweezer! lol I mean eyebrow tweezer! lol
    I don't own a needle nose plier. I grabbed the neck post with the nose tweezers and pulled it out that way. Luckily, I didn't cause any damage.
    Oh boy, I think I'm in trouble going forward. lol
    Ha ha, this is too funny! I'm glad the plastic didn't tear on you.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by PNGwynne View Post
    I ordered mine off of ebay (Pony brand) and it was expensive. I had to choose a die set with it that fit the rivets I was using. but I still think it has some versatility for the repairs you describe. My press is 5.5" by 5", perfect IMO for Joes and T1 Megos.
    Thanks for the great tips! Do you bolt it down to a worktable for your needs? It sounds like it might be small enough not to require it.

Images
    Blog Entries
    It is small but heavy, but I did not need to bolt it to work on the Joe elbows. It can be secured, though.
    WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; POTA Fortress signal-flasher--top mirrored portion or mirror sticker; POTA Forbidden Zone prison doors, walls, bar; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by PNGwynne View Post
    It is small but heavy, but I did not need to bolt it to work on the Joe elbows. It can be secured, though.
    Good info, again, thank you!

Images
    Blog Entries
    You're welcome.

Images
    If you have to check out Toy Polloi's videos on YouTube. He shows you how to fix the later run Action Man. I would imagine it would be quite similar to fixing a Joe Muscle Body.